Mothering Forum banner

Bi-polar and Depression support

732 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Aliviasmom 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd start up another thread, IIRC the last one is pretty long

Anywho,

I was dx'd in June of 2007, and have been taking Lamictal since August '07 - I am currently up to 150mgs.

I'm also taking fish oils (just upped my dose yesterday actually, so I think it's 600 now. I'll move up to 900 as the winter closes in.)

I've also been on Lexapro and Wellbutrin.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I'm BP I. Having trouble lately, but think I'm dealing well. I think I took on too much at school this semester (plus the effects of two new meds) so I dropped all my classes in order to get 'W" grade instead of flunking- in order to preserve my gpa. Next semester I will take less. I am worried about what my boyfriend will think. I already talked with my dad about it and he thought it was a good, sane, mature decision for now. I'm on Depakote, Celexa, and Lithium, along with other things like ativan and trazadone for sleep.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
Hi, I'm BP I. Having trouble lately, but think I'm dealing well. I think I took on too much at school this semester (plus the effects of two new meds) so I dropped all my classes in order to get 'W" grade instead of flunking- in order to preserve my gpa. Next semester I will take less. I am worried about what my boyfriend will think. I already talked with my dad about it and he thought it was a good, sane, mature decision for now. I'm on Depakote, Celexa, and Lithium, along with other things like ativan and trazadone for sleep.
i also withdrew from classes few quarters. better than then low grades. i try to go back for my masters but I just couldn't work long hours and sit in class for 3 hours at a time.

do what a can and don't worry what anybody thinks. remember that for us it's much harder to function.

hugs

ps i'm working on getting a light box, trying to excersie at least twice a week and not buying comfort food as i end up gorging on it at night...

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
I am worried about what my boyfriend will think. I already talked with my dad about it and he thought it was a good, sane, mature decision for now. I'm on Depakote, Celexa, and Lithium, along with other things like ativan and trazadone for sleep.
I also think it as a good decision, a hard one, but good, you don't want to risk your GPA, and you have the ability to help control that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eccomama View Post
ps i'm working on getting a light box, trying to excersie at least twice a week and not buying comfort food as i end up gorging on it at night...
Good plans
i'd love to get a light box at some point, last year we had no sun for 4 days, and I was unable to leave the house due to snow for two of those days (I live in the South, I trust myself to drive, but not other people, it wasn't worth the risk). And even with trying to keep things upbeat in the house, I found myself in QUITE the funk after the kids went to bed on nights 3 and 4. I was THRILLED to be blinded by the sun the following morning.

I really need to get on the exercise, at least 3 days a week here, I need the work out, and the weight loss. I've gained about 20 lbs in the last year, and it's impacting my self esteem.

#5 ·
I have OCD, ADHD, major depression, SAD, and high anxiety. Let me just say, it sure is "fun" around here!

My SAD kicked in really heavy in mid-September. It usually doesn't kick in until mid-November.
I also fell very behind in school, and just recently decided to do a medical withdrawal. (Looks like I'm not the only one this year...) It was really affecting dd as well as myself and my preformance at school. I'm planning on taking the spring semester off as well in order to really concentrate on getting myself back to "normal." HA! I'm planning on returning in the fall, and if I don't feel up to full time, I will at least take one or two classes to get in the groove again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.