child with ADD and difficulty taking meds - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
More like refusal of taking meds. He's like this with any meds. Took him 6 years to finally take the liquid fever/cough syrup without a fight. He's been like this since birth. Not exaggerating either. He would spit it up every time. So now he's got a pill to take for ADD and he refuses to take it. I don't want to force him to take it. When he gets to be an adult he will just not take it. I've tried the reasoning with him and pointing out the positives of taking it and direct behavior affects. He's taken it once before and a friend of ours and I both were telling him how good he was being that day to accentuate the good. He even said he felt better. It's the actual taking the pill that he is refusing. He wants it in a chewable, but I know him. Once he chews it it will taste bad and he won't swallow it either. He's just got a thing for taking medicine. I don't understand. Our 2 year old and my 10 mo. old both take meds well. In fact, my baby takes it better than all of them. How do I get him to voluntarily take it and want to take it????????????????????

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page