Depressed and Anxious Mamas? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisis View Post
I don't know why I do this to myself. All night I've been reading about school shootings on Wikipedia, then watched school shooting videos on youtube and now I've moved on to footage of the 9/11 attacks.

Why do I do this?

I can sooooo relate. You should read my insomnia thread...

BTW, I am "new" to this forum and to this thread, but unfortunately I am NOT new to anxiety. I was first officially diagnosed almost two years ago and it sucked big time, especially the first 6 months. I am happy to see a forum and lotsa threads that might be able to get me some more support. Currently I have a couple of local friends, but before them, I had nobody. Being alone with anxiety totally sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello to a fellow T-dot resident, Butterfly_mommy!

AFWife: I'm sorry to hear you had an anxiety attack falling asleep the other night. That sucks! When I would have bedtime anxiety (falling asleep or awaking with panic) I'd do these cognitive behavioural worksheets while listening to classical music, light a candle, drink chamomile tea with honey, sniff lavendar... all those little things to help make me feel calmer. And the mantras: this will pass. Do you have a little ritual for yourself to help ground yourself? I know it's hard when you're used to your dh being there to help calm you. Gawd knows mine helped tons over the years. This will pass.

Can you take anxiety meds while pregnant? Well certain SSRI's are good for both depression AND anxiety (like Zoloft, Prozac, etc) and you can take them while pregnant. Have you ever taken one of those before?

Carfreemama - our little family took a trip to Nova Scotia last summer -- it's so beautiful there!!!! Whereabouts are you? We were in Dartmouth and Halifax. Hoped to make it to Cape Breton and the Stan Rogers festival but the littlest dd wouldn't sit in the car without SCREAMING so we just stayed near Halifax instead and rode the ferry everyday.

Krisis - I hear you on feeling like you should have accomplished so much by such and such age. But it's all b.s. you know? There are things that come up in life. When I look around me and see friends doing things I haven't been able to accomplish I ask myself, "Oh yeah, well did she grow up with xyz [abuse]? or have a mental health problem to deal with?" It takes some real acceptance and self-love to realize that yes, what you are struggling with is not your fault and it's difficult sometimes. Sometimes it sets you back. But you are not a bad person. So geez, that counsellor sounds like she sucked. Why did she call CPS???

And now for my update....
Things have been okay here. Well, I'm struggling a bit now. We've been tweaking my meds and it's hard making changes with it. I've had some really crappy vivid dreams again (so morose, dark, gross, yuck) and I wake up feeling icky and that feeling lingers all day. We've decided to put my Prozac up a wee bit again (I'm stacking a bit of that on top of Wellbutrin - seems to be working well for me now). I can't wait to feel like I'm medicated to the right amound again. I like it when I'm in that happy place. When my meds aren't high enough I feel low-self esteem, like I'm constantly doubting myself, like I'm not loveable and not good enough. On the right amount of meds I feel like I'm okay, life is good and I love myself. I can't believe it sometimes.

Okay, I'll stop here, didn't think this post would be so long. Mamas, can you just toss a few encouraging words my way? It's been really hard this last little while with the change in meds, people being sick in our house (incl. me), returning to work FT, etc etc etc. TIA

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Hi Surfacing! Sending lots of love and serenity your way! I know how hard change is in the midst of our struggles with anxiety. It's amazing what we accomplish given this added burden. How is your transition to FT going? Is that a big stress? The meds tweaking is tough, tough, tough.

We're in Halifax, BTW. I've lived here for 17 years!!! Can't freakin' believe that. I'm an import from another province, but I knew when I laid eyes on this place I was home. Are you planning to ever visit again?

Will check in more later. I'm sneaking away to "use the bathroom" right now.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:54 PM

Carfreemama we hope to return to NS someday when we have $$ to travel again. My dh and I looked at each other and said, "I would live here. Would you? Yes, would you? Yes." Beautiful place.

Being back at work is actually a good thing. The first couple of weeks were really tough but I'm enjoying working again now (it's been about a month). Thank gawd we have my mother to come to our house in the a.m. to babysit. That helps a lot. Otherwise I'm letting the house fall down around me when I'm too tired. Just doing housework as I have the energy for it and sometimes weeks go by before I clean the floors or bathrooms. Just the way it is right now.

Hang in there all.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 02-22-2009, 03:29 AM

i'm upping my meds now too, been going through a rough patch. to put it mildly. and i've been surfing the web to find encouraging things.... which is shouldn't do because i always just find things that trigger me more.

anyway, i just wanted to tell you that you're not alone. hang in there, mama!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:01 AM

Lisasaurus

Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasaurus View Post
anyway, i just wanted to tell you that you're not alone. hang in there, mama!
Yep, you are definitely not alone. I can relate so much to so many posters here. Thanks again for starting this thread and for all of you who have posted; it really helps to know there are lotsa you out there who can relate and who feel safe to post here. Until the last year or two, I felt so alone with my anxiety, but the more I find others in the same boat, the more I feel like it is not so impossible to be in my shoes.

Hugs,
Old 02-25-2009, 02:56 AM

Hey everyone...I've been having a real rough patch lately as well...speaking with my counselor, we decided that anti-depressants are now a good choice for me, but I'm really scared to take that step. Having dealt with depression and anxiety most of my life, I still never thought I'd actually do the medication thing, not that I have anything against it, but I usually managed it well enough by other means. I think that with as bad as things have gotten that it would be better for me (and the little one in my belly) to get some assistance.
I'm just needing to vent that out. I haven't really been able to find the courage to talk to anyone else about it except for my partner who supports my decision, but is just concerned about the choice of medication.
....funny to be anxious about doing something about the anxiety I just want to be in a good place when the baby comes so she can have my all as a first time mama...
Old 02-25-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerTwoTails View Post
Having dealt with depression and anxiety most of my life, I still never thought I'd actually do the medication thing, not that I have anything against it, but I usually managed it well enough by other means. I think that with as bad as things have gotten that it would be better for me (and the little one in my belly) to get some assistance.
[...]
....funny to be anxious about doing something about the anxiety I just want to be in a good place when the baby comes so she can have my all as a first time mama...
I had the exact same experience, growing up with depression and anxiety, coping well enough most of the time with non-med techniques. But once PG and a mother - no way was it enough.

Funny to be anxious about doing something about anxiety.... well that's the nature of anxiety, isn't it?

It's good to hear that you're thinking about ways to take care of yourself to bolster yourself for your baby's arrival. That is important.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:54 PM

Thanks Surfacing, it's nice to hear from someone else who's been here, it's difficult to know where to look for support for this kind of thing and I have already had one off reaction from a friend when I mentioned the possibility of taking meds while pregnant *sigh*

I really do appreciate the support, Thank you!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:05 PM

Time for me to join your tribe! I'm going to switch to formula feeding my babe so that I can get on some more aggressive meds. My depression has only gotten slightly better on my current medication. My doctor is conservative in prescribing medications and really cares about what meds I might pass on to my baby in breastmilk. He said that I would probably have to stop breastfeeding if my latest increase in zoloft didn't work. (and the last two increases haven't!!) I'm also suffering with anxiety. I am seeing a therapist... and she was actually the one who recommended changing medications. I have so many different issues to address... that a simple anti-depressant just isn't enough.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
Old 03-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Heya Ladies (:

I peeked over at this board & wanted to jump into your thread. I suffer from panic disorder, which in turn causes me to be depressed. I am currently on SSRIs to help. I have had PD since 2000, went away when I was pregnant with my two kids & now for some reason they are back in full force. Hoping to find comfort chatting with those in the same boat.

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM

Hi all! I'm glad to find this thread.
I have been diagnosed with depression, social anxiety, and generalized anxiety. I've been dealing with this stuff for as long as I can remember, though the first official diagnosis happened around age 11.
I've currently hit a rough spot and I guess that rough spot can just be called pregnancy, heh. I've been considering medication seriously for the first time in my life. I mean, I have taken anti-depressants on and off since the first diagnosis but never for very long and I never cared much about it. It's really helpful to read about other women's experiences in taking medication during pregnancy on MDC.
I know that if I do go that route, I will face a lot of negativity from people I know IRL. But oh well! It often seems like most of them never miss a moment to dish out negativity regarding my parenting choices anyway, hah. Maybe I'll just be better able to handle it if I find the right medication! I just do NOT feel like dealing with the hell that was PPD this time around.
Anyway, thanks to those that have already posted telling your stories/situations. It is great to know I'm not alone (though that makes me feel kind of selfish because it's not like I really WANT other people to feel like this!) and I probably wouldn't have the courage to open up about any of this otherwise.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 PM

Old 03-04-2009, 04:01 AM

Hi everyone!

Welcome to all the new mamas who have joined our little tribe.

Just wanted to say me too to TygerTwoTails, I always managed to cope with my anxiety with methods other than meds until pregnancy/motherhood. In retrospect, I wish I HAD gone on meds when I was pregnant. I might have been able to enjoy my picture-perfect pregnancy, instead of being obsessed about something going wrong.

Especially after the initial exhaustion of new mothering (which was a blessing for me because it numbed my anxiety), had worn off, I realized I didn't have the time to do the self-care rituals that had kept me barely afloat before. That's when I realized just exactly how much a full-time job anxiety-management had always been for me. I needed-and still need-to learn new ways of coping that would fit with motherhood. Meds were one of those ways for me for a while.

Now that dd is 5, I can start to explore my own needs again. Okay, maybe I didn't have to wait 5 years. But I want another baby and this time I will recognize the misery of my anxiety (to which a new diagnosis of OCD has just been added), for what it is.

I had the same experience with lots of people being visibly shocked that I was taking psych meds. Especially because I can provide a reasonable facsimile of a functional person even at my worst. I can smile and make chit-chat even when panic and anxiety are at a 10/10. Ironically, this has sometimes made it hard to convince professionals just how badly I'm suffering.

We are very, very strong. We parent despite this.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:51 PM

Okay, here we go. Dd is sick with a high fever and headache. Her bf is just beginning to get over this and his very supportive mom (my friend!) describes every symptom I want to know about oh so patiently.

This is my BIGGEST anxiety trigger. Good time to find out if the supplements/homeopathics are working. So far, so good! Really, I'm actually doing fairly well and even able to work. But it's early and the nights are exponentially worse.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreemama View Post
I always managed to cope with my anxiety with methods other than meds until pregnancy/motherhood. In retrospect, I wish I HAD gone on meds when I was pregnant. I might have been able to enjoy my picture-perfect pregnancy, instead of being obsessed about something going wrong.
Carfreemama, I can relate to wishing you had gone on meds when PG. With dd#1 I did not and I had panic attacks during PG, major mood probs after. With dd#2 I started meds during PG and it made a woooooorld of difference! I was finally able to enjoy my PG and my dd#1 and my dh finally enjoyed being around me again!

Quote:
I realized I didn't have the time to do the self-care rituals that had kept me barely afloat before. That's when I realized just exactly how much a full-time job anxiety-management had always been for me. I needed-and still need-to learn new ways of coping that would fit with motherhood. Meds were one of those ways for me for a while.
I can soooo relate to this. This is me 100% also.

Quote:
I had the same experience with lots of people being visibly shocked that I was taking psych meds. Especially because I can provide a reasonable facsimile of a functional person even at my worst. I can smile and make chit-chat even when panic and anxiety are at a 10/10. Ironically, this has sometimes made it hard to convince professionals just how badly I'm suffering.

We are very, very strong. We parent despite this.
Are we the same person? Again total relating.

You know, I think about the fact that how I'm coping is modeling for my own children for when they grow up. My mom and dad had/still have mood problems (depression, anxiety) and never took meds. Well, my mom did very briefly with GREAT improvement but stopped. My parents had some coping skills but their problems overtook/overtake them at times and affect their ability to cope with life, relationships, work. My pdoc said "You just have to learn how to manage it" with respect to mood probs.

Group hug again. It's so nice to chat with others who understand!!!

Anyhow, Carfreemama, how are things going for you? And everyone else?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Hang in there Carfreemama, have faith that you are capable of caring for your sick daughter. You will take good care of her with your at-home remedies and OTC stuff if needed. You have the good judgment to take her to a doctor if needed. Just one step at a time. Breathe. It will be okay. Her illness will pass.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, sorry I haven't been around more. I want to offer a huge to those that are struggling right now and an equally huge welcome to those that are coming forward to join us!

I wish I could say I havent' been around because things are great...but it's just the opposite. Things are so confusing and twisted up right now that I couldn't even begin to explain. I get to see DH in 7 days though, so hopefully that will help.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the encouragement Surfacing! Dd is doing fine after her flu. Dh had it too, so I've been nursemaid all week. I did fine! I think the supplements or SOMETHING is helping. It also helped that her best friend had it just before, so I knew it was likely the same virus. Still, that hasn't stopped me from diagnosing her with fatal staph infections before.

Hello, AFWife! We're here for you, girl! Glad to hear you'll finally be seeing your dh soon.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:52 AM

AFWife - keep us posted.

How are all you other mamas doing?

Over here I have been sick and feeling run down. Ugh. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm adjusting to a change in my meds and hate waking up at night with tinnitus and bloodshot eyes. Lately I haven't felt as sharp in the brain and am more moody, but I think that's due to a lack of adequate sleep, being sick and maybe the med change. I feel crummy and crusty and not at all like my usual happy self. Oh well, this will pass. Just wanted to vent to those who would understand.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:45 PM

Hi everybody:

How is everyone today?

Surfacing, are you feeling any better? I remember the night-time side-effect thing, whether a new med or increases or even decreases. Since anxiety can be worse at night, it SUCKS that the worst side-effects also seem to happen at night. IME, if anything feels particularly strage, it's probably the meds (I know my own "abnormal normal," so the side-effect thing is different)!

AFWife, haven't heard from you in a while.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:33 AM

never mind
Old 03-15-2009, 03:04 PM

Hey carfreemama, I missed your post. Are you okay?

How is everyone doing?

I have to say that right now is a difficult time for me. For some reason, my mood is all over the place. I am still taking my meds but...? I wonder if it's related to the season change. In the past I used to have a flare up of anxiety when the spring comes.

At the moment I feel exhausted emotionally, spiritually, physically. I think I've just had too much on my plate. Too many worries and cares. I do enjoy my life, I love my family, but I've been too busy. And I'm worried about money. We have a lot of debt. Oh well.

The thing that's been bothering me is that I feel insecure right now, unloved, unlovable, not good enough... I know that's not true, I am loved, I am good enough. A signal of my mental illness in the past has been feeling like this. OTOH I think there are some real life triggers to this feeling right now. But it will pass.

I need some solitude. I need some pleasure. I work too much and don't play enough. Sometimes that's okay, I like to work and enjoy being busy. But sometimes I need a break.

Thanks for listening y'all. Chime in Mamas with an update on yous too!

Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 PM

Hi Surfacing:

Life with 2 small kids is, I'm sure, enough in and of itself to make you feel exhausted and in need of alone time and pleasure! Having one (as much as I adore her) sometimes makes me feel that way. I do find this time of the year, just before spring hits, I almost always feel the way you do. And of course if there ARE any real-life triggers like money or too little time, it's immediately too much because of the anxiety and whatever other mental issues are in the mix. Throw med changes in there? And when I do feel like that, I spin on the same kind of feelings of being unloved and insecure. That's something I'm only figuring out now after all these years, though I've struggled with anxiety for literally decades now. That one seemingly unrelated event can literally bring on the anxiety and fear about all kinds of things. I don't know how to explain it; but I can feel suddenly panicky if I've just gone through something that's difficult, but not necessarily a trigger in and of itself. I used to think if I got through a difficult situation I was in the clear. Now I know different. There's almost always a panic/anxiety backlash after something stressful or painful, even if I felt at the time I was coping well. I hope you find some peace.

I've decided this spring is Make Life Easy on Mommy season. Maybe even year. It's LONG overdue and dh and my friends have been telling me this for a long time. I had taken on a 400 paper-per-week route to make extra money we didn't need. I did it for 2 weeks. I'm dropping it. I'm letting myself off the hook. I already work full time and this was 400 houses on foot, for 10 cents per paper that I had to bag myself. And environmentally, delivering flyers in plastic felt yucky.

So to try and say something about the post I deleted, I rehomed my beloved dog last week. I posted this here, but was so afraid I'd get flamed (not by you mamas, just a general fear), that I deleted it. I was afraid I'd make people feel awkward or angry. I had my dog for 7 years. He's always had problems with food guarding, how he's touched, a few other things. He has bitten (not damaged) dd several times in the past 4 years. We have worked with trainers on protocols, done obedience school, tried to supervise carefully. Two vets told me to rehome him with adults and so I just went to other vets. Well I failed to supervise sufficiently and he bit dd again a couple of weeks ago. Again, not hard; but scratches on her face. Dh flipped and threatened to have him put down. I called his dog walker, who is the temperament tester for the local shelter and she helped me find a foster home. He has been absolutely cleared for a home with adults and I am in frequent contact with them. They are taking him on a trial and it looks good that they may keep him. If they do, I will be able to visit him.

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. I know it has been brutally hard. I know many people say never to rehome a dog with a bite history and I wouldn't, except that the person I'm doing it through is the shelter worker and she says he's fine with adults and shouldn't be put down. She's been walking him with groups of other dogs for 4 years (I barter with her for cooking). The people who are taking him have decided to have dogs instead of kids and know his issues. We will continue to pay the trainer to work with them.

I feel like I adopted a dog with the same anxiety issues I have. So I completely understand his triggers, but at the same time my anxiety has made it so hard for me to help him. He gets anywhere near dd and I am completely on edge. I have been constantly telling dd to "watch the dog" in case she steps on his paw or something by accident or startles him. I've never left them alone, but it hasn't been enough. One of the hardest things has been trying to figure out, as usual, how much of this situation has been my anxiety and how much has been normal concern for my child's safety. I feel like I failed him. I have been crying for 8 days. Then I got the flu.

I talked to the people who have him and they say he is adjusting great. If they keep him, I will be able to dogsit him on Fridays while dd is at preschool and I'm at home working. Then I'll go back to cooking for his dog walker and she'll pick him up here. So I'll get to see him every week.

I have to admit the stress in our home is MUCH lower now that I'm not trying to make sure I remembered to keep the dog in one room and dd in another. He's not aggressive to her per se, or any other children; I just haven't been able to ensure everyone's safety in the same house.

I feel just as vulnerable posting this as I did that last time; but there you go. That's what's going on. I hope I haven't offended anyone. I don't even feel I have a right to grieve right now, because I gave him up. But after starting to feel like my naturopathic regimen was working; well, I don't know. Maybe it's normal to feel this way.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 PM

Carfreemama, I don't think you did a bad thing at all, you were behaving in a responsible way. I think it was an important step for you to protect your daughter. It sounds like the move was a good step all around for both your family and the dog. Two different vets have said he'd be better in a childless household.... you haven't failed him. His temperament is his temperament.

I hope you find a place where you can forgive yourself for this.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Thanks, surfacing. It helped to just write that all out. It's the longest post I've ever written, or will likely ever write! I'm sure worse things have happened in my life, I guess I just hate the thought of abandoning anyone. And of course, all I see around me right now are DOGS. But it's been a stress since the first incident 4 years ago and I have AGONIZED over it so much. I hope this will eventually free up some valuable emotional energy, once I get past the sadnes of losing him. I really miss walking him. He was with me 24/7, too, since I work from home. The house seems so empty.

And surfacing, how are you? Are you getting any of the solitude you crave? Are your supports good? Do you want to brainstorm?

How is everyone else doing?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

I finally got to see DH this past weekend! We spent the majority of our time cuddling in bed in my hotel room. It was just what I needed, I think. Now, we can talk daily so that's helpful too...

Today has turned into a rough one (I went from totally fine to feeling depressed all of a sudden) and I'm blaming hormones. (I'm due in 6 weeks...yeah)

There's a total of 5 people living in the house and that means 6 cars parked outside. My car, BIL20's car, BIL16's car (the one that he won't start driving for several months mind you), the family truck, MIL's car, and FIL's work truck. Well, as you can imagine that takes up a TON of space.

BIL20 just moved back in last week...he quit his job last month and basically just refused to look for another one because he's shipping out to Air Force basic training in May. So, he's here until May 12th...all day, everyday, doing nothing (getting him to help with housework is like pulling teeth and it pisses me off) But anyway...

FIL came home and asked if I was going to use my car anytime soon. I'm unsure because I don't really "travel" since I'm so pregnant...I go to the store on occasion and things like that, short trips you know? So I said, "Well, I'm moving back in with my parents (my doctor is there and it's an hour away) in two weeks so I'll need it then..." and he announces that he's moving it to make space for the other vehicles. So, he moves my car and BIL16's car out back.

I'll be honest, my feelings are a bit hurt and I can't figure out why. Moving BIL20's car didn't even enter the conversation...and he's the one that NEVER DOES ANYTHING. I don't want to say anything, though, because I don't have a good excuse as to why I need my car available. I think it's just the principle of the thing.

I'm also worried about my brother and his relationship with our mom. She tends to be overbearing and clingy and uses her emotions at inappropriate times. For example, my brother is in the Marines and he's in a really tough school. (It's one of those occupations where part of the training is being tortured at some point...yeah) He's far away from home and having some slight medical issues right now. Apparently, she's called him in tears on more than one occasion talking about how much she misses him and how hard things are. Not appropriate IMO. The poor kid (he's 19) has it hard enough as it is...but I don't know how to brooch the subject because I heard about it second hand from our bio-dad. (parents are divorced) He and my mom REALLY don't get along...which leads to me feeling like the freaking monkey in the middle of 3 families (both sides of mine and then DH's family makes 3) because no one can really "get along" properly.

My next baby shower (MIL hosting) is on the 28th and I'm kind of not excited. Again, I dont' have any friends to come so it's another shower full of people I don't really know.

I turn 22 on the 26th of this month and, again, not excited. MIL asked me a few mins ago what I wanted to do for my birthday and I just told her that I didn't know. My husband is 2 states away, my hormones suck, and I feel overwhelmed...sleeping until I give birth sounds like the best birthday present ever right now.

Ugh.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 03-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Hi AFWife:

Glad to hear from you again! I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but you're SO YOUNG!!!! Turning 22!! I turned 41 in January. Holy cow. You do have a lot on your plate. When I was turning 22 I was just finishing school and then at 24 I moved to the Maritimes. Worked as a baker for $5 an hour and then danced every night and closed the bars down. Man, you are one tough cookie! So happy birthday, even if you don't feel like celebrating. I was about 8 months pregnant on my b-day that year, and I don't remember doing much.

One thing I strongly recommend doing before your baby is born is finding your favourite coffee shop, bringing an incredible book or several magazines, and ordering your favourite thing. Sit there for HOURS and just people-watch and enjoy your pregnant self. I remember doing that and it was just so neat. I really tried to relish those last days with the baby IN me.

I also think pregnant women see things like family drama much more clearly. I felt like I had laser-sharp observation skills during that time and dh noticed it, too. I hope you're getting some honest-to-God nurturing from your family. I hope they have some empathy for how hard it must be to be without your dh and 6 weeks away from your baby being born. Heck, I'm getting excited for you! But I know, the last several weeks can feel LOOONG.

I'm so glad you finally got some time with your DH.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Carfreemama:

You don't sound condescending at all. I'm very aware that I grew up fast!

I think you're right about being more sensitive to family stuff during pregnancy... I mean, I was always aware of how different the family dynamics are beforehand, but now it's painfully obvious. I'm also very sensitive to the level of flat disrespect and laziness in my BILs.

I'm moving out in a week...hopefully that will help somewhat

User Tag List