Anxiety in children? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if this goes here since it's not about me (although I have my problems...) but here goes.

One of my 7 year old twins is suffering from severe anxiety (among other things, like OCD and possibly ADHD). Her social worker at school (who sees her three or more times a week) thinks she is suffering so much at school and would be a good candidate for meds!

While I'm not even sure how I feel about her being on meds at such a young age, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a child with clinical anxiety?

I myself am on citralopram and buproprion, which is helping. I hate to see my little girl suffer, yet she is just a little girl.

Of course we will be starting talk therapy, and hope that will also help.

Thanks for listening.

Julie

Julie, mom to my beautiful twin girls twins.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-13-2009, 02:26 AM

I had anxiety as a kid and have it now. Also two of my kids have serious anxiety. My five year old had a panic attack last weekend. What would have worked for me is to be taken out of school as that caused my anxiety. I can't tell you what to do as far as meds but would highly recommend you look at all other contributing factors first. Home life, school life, diet, social interactions, mimicking parental anxiety allergies and so on.
best of luck, it is so painful to watch our wee one suffer.
#3 of 3 Old 03-15-2009, 02:13 AM

Yes, my youngest child (6) has generalized anxiety disorder and OCD. He's been on meds for about 2 years now and they help quite a bit.

You'll get more response if you post this in special needs parenting. LOTS of parents of anxious kiddos over there!

computergeek2.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page