Healing from an experience that was traumatic to me - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-16-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Edited to take out all the backstory so those involved don't see it and to get to the point. I had something happen that I experienced as traumatic.

I have tried traditional therapy and it has not been helpful. I am thinking of things like EFT (emotional freedom technique) or other things....I tried bach flowers and find they actually do take the edge off short-term, but no lasting results. I also wonder if I should go confront the main teacher again about the last incident..but am not sure if that would be helpful.

If there is a better suggestion to post this in, let me know. I am looking for advice on how to finally heal, get over this.
#2 of 4 Old 12-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry this happened to you and your daughter. I know first hand just how stressful these things can be. I would recommend a good psychologist. Keep looking until you find one that totally meets your needs.

Good luck mama and hugs.
#3 of 4 Old 12-28-2009, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for your response.
#4 of 4 Old 12-28-2009, 03:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm sorry I didn't post earlier, I saw this a few days ago, but didnt have a good answer, although the story was disturbing.. I so sorry you and your ds had to go through this, and for the teacher

I'll post my first thought, I've been thinking about it for a while, and I still come back to it

I would COMPLETELY remove everyone connected to the situation, mutual friends of the teacher etc.. from my life. That's just me, but she sounds shady. I dont' like it one bit. I would keep your ds away from this woman. I think she's toxic so to speak. Just the fact that you were so nervous and shakey when you saw her was a red flag. I'm glad your ds is out of the environment, but I'd made every attempt to get her completely out of your life 100 percent.

I do believe she indeed traumatized you. I have PTSD, and I have "triggers" pretty much anyone related to the incident, triggers very scary emotions. I would seek treatment from a counselor who is TRAINED AND FAMILIAR WITH PTSD!!! not all of them are. Ptsd is pretty complex, so I would not do this alone, no way, but that is just me. Hugs!

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page