Quitting Zoloft and missed period? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I took my last dose of Zoloft (25 mgs, from 50 mgs) 8 days ago. My only real withdrawal symptom has been diarrhea which has been ongoing since then. But, strangely, I've also missed my period. Could it be from the Zoloft withdrawal?

FTR, I took a pregnancy test and it is negative. Also, I don't have pregnancy symptoms. Usually my first symptom is sore breasts, and I don't have that symptom at the moment.

I was supposed to get my period two days ago. I always have very regular 30 day cycles. Always.

I had some PMS type symptoms leading up to the day I was supposed to get my period, but now they're gone. It's like I just missed my period altogether.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I've tried to research on the 'net and I can't find any information regarding Zoloft and menstrual cycles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Its been 25 days since I started reducing my zoloft intake from 50mg/day. It's been 8 days since I've had any zoloft at all. I should have started my period 3 days ago and haven't. Aside from mood swings I haven't had any PMS or sore breast or face break outs which I usually have at about a week and a half before I start my period. I am not pregnant. From what I have read, Zoloft can cause a rare condition that causes you to miss your periods. I'm taking another pregnancy test in a week if I still dont get my period but I have no symptoms of pregnancy or PMS and have already gotten one negative so I am thinking this is the zoloft.

User Tag List