Natural Remedies for Anger and Rage Issues - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-21-2010, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi:

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions.  Currently, I am supplementing with magnesium--which does seem to help. I also take Coromega and an extra B-vitamin complex.  I also do a lot of heart math like breathing, etc.

A friend suggested cherry plum Bach flower remedy. I remember using Bach flower remedies back in massage school almost 20 years ago.  

Another suggestion was a supplement called "Happy Camper." (Love the name. :))

Any ideas? I'm getting better in finding ways to manage it... or just walk away... but am wondering if there might be some supplements which would help.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#2 of 8 Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM

I would combine cherry plum and holly, personally.  I have found this to be excellent for rage/feeling out of control.  Cherry plum is helpful, but holly kicks it up another notch.  I'd probably also do some additional essences depending on the situations that cause the flares.

I'm glad you're doing the supplements you are, and you may want to consider adding iodine to the mix *if* there is any correlation to hormonal fluctuations.

If you are not taking any medications some find that oatstraw and motherwort can be very helpful.

I also like cell salts to support the nervous system and feel that the combination of 5 phos is excellent for people who are quick to anger and lash out.

#3 of 8 Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM

I just read your sig.  Many prayers for your father.  My mother is in a similar situation (leukemia as well in additional to a few other drug resistant issues) and it's intensely stressful.  Leukemia is tough, to be sure.  Add in another layer-especially in cold and flu season and you have a recipe for stress which doesn't help the anger.  Five phos is definitely my recommendation for you even in the absence of the original question.

#4 of 8 Old 12-21-2010, 01:47 PM

Here are a few good links I just listed on another thread:

The Health Recovery Center

http://www.healthrecovery.com/HRC_2006/Depression_06/D_zero_to_spontaneous.htm

http://www.healthrecovery.com/HRC_2006/Depression_06/D_Feeding_Famished_Brain.htm

Dr. Joan Mathews-Larson

http://www.healthrecovery.com/HRC_2006/Depression_06/Background.htm

(blog talk radio show (Dr. Larson interview) on treating depression, anger, anxiety, fatigue)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yourmentalhealth/2008/08/19/depression-free-naturally-with-dr-joan-matthews-larson

Dr. Abram Hoffer at The Orthomolecular Vitamin Information Center

http://www.orthomolecularvitamincentre.com/mooddisorders.php

And here's a link to the Health Recovery product page, scroll down and you'll see what they suggest taking for anger, etc:

http://www.healthrecovery.com/HRC_2006/Depression_06/Drepression_Formulas.htm

Also, wearing essential oils such as rose, lavender, orange, lemon, jasmine is uplifting.  Aromatherapy.

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
#5 of 8 Old 12-21-2010, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Panserbjorne and number 572.

Panserbjorne: Yes, the leukemia thing doesn't help. We just got good news today that the latest IV meds seem to have helped, so hopefully he'll get to get his picc line out and switch to oral meds. From what I understand with his type of leukemia (CLL), it's usually something else that kills you from being immunocompromised. :(  I hadn't thought about combining with Holly, but that makes a lot of sense. I'll also look into the 5 phos.  Is that B6?

number572: Thanks so much for all of the links and thank you for the recommendation of aromatherapy.  It's embarrasing to say that I used to do a lot of it over 10 years ago when I was a massage therapist, but have gotten away from it.  I definitely do remember even the blends I'd make for my clients would affect me in a positive way.  

I'm off to read some more.  Thank you both for replying with such good ideas.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#6 of 8 Old 12-21-2010, 06:17 PM

5 phos is the 5 biochemic phosphates (calc phos, ferrum phos, kali phos, mag phos and nat phos.) within the biochemic system-otherwise known as cell salts. The phosphates help with the nervous system....it's kind of like homeopathic nutrients-except there is physical material present.  They are cell salts.  They will help your body access and regulate the nutrients necessary for a balanced nervous system.

My mother has CLL as well-diagnosed over 15 years ago.  My uncle and grandfather had it too-and both died within a year and a half (my uncle within 6 months) from diagnosis.  Yes, it's generally something else-my uncle had a staph infection and grandfather had pneumonia.  My mother has recurrent bouts of pneumonia, lichen planus raging out of control, and a strep infection in her sinuses amongst other things.  She's doing gammaglobulin treatments now along with homeopathy.  Homeopathy and cell salts have been a godsend for her.  She also stays away from sugar and refined foods which helps a lot.  Her diet largely controls her numbers.  I also have been using a combination (called superinfections) for immunocompromised individuals.  She's had such a good response that she demands to have about 5 bottles as back up because she refuses to be without it!

I'm so glad for the good news!  I'll keep him in my prayers.  Have a beautiful holiday.

#7 of 8 Old 12-26-2010, 01:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

subbing so I can come back and read about the cell salts and do research, etc.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#8 of 8 Old 01-04-2011, 12:21 PM

subbing 

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page