I guess I should've posted this here. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, it's not letting me show the thread or post with C & P. Anyway, I was just looking for other moms with bipoloar disorder and wondering how you cope.

Thanks.

#2 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I guess I really am the only one. :(

#3 of 8 Old 04-13-2011, 04:00 PM

No, you're not.

I am coping on meds right now.  How bout you?

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

#4 of 8 Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. I have never taken any meds for it and I really do not want to. But sometimes, very often really, I am just barely hanging on by a thread. I took 5-HTP and SAMe before and one didn't do anything; the other made me more chatty and "seem" happier, but I really felt exactly the same inside. Any medication I've ever taken for anything though has a bad effect on me and often the opposite effect than it's supposed to. It is much easier to cope when my life circumstances are better but everything is super high stress and I don't see any hint of the stress lessening, unfortuanately.

Do you mind me asking, are your friends/family supportive of you with this? Do they understand at all? There is no one in my life that understands what I go through with this. I also get really frustrated with the "it's all in your head," "you can be happy if you want to," stuff. I think it's wonderful to be positive, but I honestly cannot help what happens to me. It's a horrible feeling.

Thanks for listening.

#5 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 07:26 AM

you're not alone. not coping well myself but just trying to eat well, taking a prenatal/vit d3. hug2.gif

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

#6 of 8 Old 04-16-2011, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

I have been taking a multi every single day. That is the only thing I am actively doing. I just dread the next downturn you know? I'm never up really. I get somewhat close to normal for the "high" part. The lows are very low though and they get all the way down. It sucks. :(

#7 of 8 Old 04-17-2011, 04:51 PM

I actually am very very very fortunate to have some amazing support people in my life who really do get it.  It never helps to hear people say "everyone has bad days" or "have you tried yoga"?  They just don't get it  at all.

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

#8 of 8 Old 04-18-2011, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I mean, I already do yoga. It definitely brings me peace and helps but it doesn't magically change things.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page