Hello, I am bettinaausucre, and I am codependent. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i wish I could summarize my codependency in a single sentence. It took 10 years to get here. I am only 28 right now, but after self-examination, I realized it started at 18, with the birth of my first daughter. Slowly, I started becoming what other people wanted, pushing aside my needs and wants, myself, to please others. Do what I thought I SHOULD be doing instead of what I wanted. Now, with two divorces and a new relationship, I am struggling. I am, for the first time, really by myself. I have been to a CODA meeting and plan to go back. I have nearly finished " Codependent No More". And I am struggling. I became a stay at home mom, because that's what I was told a "good mother" does. I lost my will to get a degree, because it wasn't making my partners happy. Now, I have no prospects for independence. I am still staying with my recent ex husband with our daughter. I have been applying like crazy to jobs with no experience. I have no transportation of my own, no finances of my own. Everyday, I attempt to busy myself, with caretaking, my own wants and needs, and my daughters. I am starting a difficult road that has no beginning or end. And I am doing it 100% alone. True, I have a supportive BF, a small circle of "friends" and myself. I want to feel hopeful, optimistic even. I want to feel in control of myself and where my path goes. But at this point, I cannot even see a path. 

I suppose I posted to see who else shares my experience, who else has been through a period of recovery, while trying to get independence. 

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 AM

hug2.gif Codependancy is no joke...my mother raised me to be very much that way and it's something I struggle to hold back, that tendency. I don't have a lot of words right now, but I feel you, have BTDT and can attest to the fact that on the other side of that mode of living, a new life really is waiting for you. You can do it.

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

Old 09-04-2011, 06:36 PM

I am a codependent to hon. I have read the books and also have BPD. ... oh joy it is.

I have been to one codependent meeting but it was in another town and I really don't have the gas money or childcare to travel like that.

Hugs. I hope you can get the assistance you need. You should apply for housing or section 8 where you live. GO check out the single mom forum here those ladies will help you to know how to get on your feet. These diagnosis are not a death or life sentence.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM

I should also tell you I am a single mom who is recovering with two kids in tow. It is a challenge daily. DAILY. Minute to minute.

We can do this.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

User Tag List