Update on anxiety and meds. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So i've been on 10 mg of cipralex for about 4 months now.  I'm still getting anxious moments and panic attacks around the time I ovulate and starting about 4 days before my period until 2 days into my period.  I've seen my doctor to up my dose of cipralex but she wants me to start taking vitex.  A couple of nights ago at work I ended up with a FULL BLOWN panic attack.  Worst one I've ever had.  My husband ended up having to shove an ativan into my mouth because it was so bad.  I was so scared to take it because I swore it would kill me since I've never taken it before.  45 minutes into the attack, thankfully the ativan kicked in and I went to sleep.  I haven't started taking the vitex yet....I don't know why.  I got a referral to a counceller, but I hated it.  She talked to me like I was stupid and kept saying "and how did you feel".  Argh.   Anyways.  Any opinions on the vitex?  

#2 of 2 Old 07-12-2011, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So sorry to hear you going through tough times.  My son was recently told he has PTSD and I was on here reading and saw your post. Dr. put him on 10 mg of the cipralex as your dr. had.  He took one pill and he said his skin was crawling and very hot skin.  We have decided for him to not take it and go see a counselor.  His first dr's appointment never been on meds before but had  a recent heat exhausation that landed him in hospital so now they say he has PTSD from the event !!! Well I hope you are feeling much better.  We are considering him taking 5 HTP or Neur natural serenity? You ever tried any of these yourself? Don't know anything about the vitex but just wanted to reply to your post. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page