What is the next step? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-25-2011, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really  need some direction here...and the wise women of MDC always have such sage advice. :)

In Nov of 2007 I had a miscarriage, then got pregnant with my youngest son in Dec of 2007.  I had a really hard time after my m/c, I gained 10 lbs in the six weeks between pregnancies (I've always struggled with emotional eating and my weight but felt like I was at a healthy wt and had a handle on things for a couple of yrs by then).  The beginning of my pg w/ds3 was difficult bc of low progesterone and anxiety about losing my baby.

After ds3 was born I was ok but after a couple of months I was feeling incredibly overwhelmed and inadequate, unlike I've ever felt before.  I think it's gradually gotten worse over the last 3 years.

I have been doing a variety of things to try to help: vit d 4000IU/d (for 2.5 yrs now), sam-e 400/d (6 mo or so), fish oil for omega 3 (about 6 .mo), calcium for pms (last 3 mo).

I feel worse at certain times of the month but it seems like the last 2 mo I am moody, sad, irritable, have no patience, no sex drive, ALL the time. I feel worse, despite all of the supplements helping at first.

I thought I might need to talk to a therapist so I looked up someone online and liked her "mission statement", if you will.  I paid over a hundred bucks to see her for 1 hr where she talked constantly and I never wanted to go back.  I feel like it was so hard to take that step and I regret wasting the money.

What am I missing?  I feel like I am doing everything wrong.  I don't know who to turn to for help to feel better.  My insurance doesn't pay for anyone who is natural minded and I can't afford to pay full price.

Any advice or BTDT would be helpful.  I feel like I am ready to feel good again, but I don't know how.

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-26-2011, 09:24 PM

Big hugs, you are so strong!! It took 5 tries before I found a therapist I liked, and then it ended up being an LCSW who was trained in something called IBP Therapy (Integrative Body Psychotherapy) which focuses on the mind/body connection and healing past traumas by parenting yourself. I don't know if they are in your area but it wouldn't hurt to look? Also, LCSW's tend to be MUCH cheaper than Psychologists, so that's a plus? Heck, if you could fin a good support group, even that might be worth looking into?

If you notice that you feel worse around your AF maybe there's some hormonal stuff going on? Do you see a naturopath?

You are doing such good for yourself and your family. I hope everything irons out quickly,

Oh, something my therapist used to say to me ALL THE TIME, was the The Universe Will Support you. It's simply a question about being open to it. I never understood that until I'd been with her for a couple years, and now I'm constantly amazed at how true it is. Without fail, if I trust it will be so, the Universe always supports me.

Good Luck

xoxo

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

#3 of 3 Old 01-14-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the support.  I increased my vit d and switched from flax seed oil to fish oil, I am noticing a difference in that I don't feel angry and sad all the time.  The sense of being overwhelmed and is still there but I feel like I can handle it better.

I started excercising too and it is helping me feel better about everything in general.  It helps me feel like I have a sense of control.  

Thanks for the input.  I really appreciate it. :)

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.

Tags
Mental Health

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page