Complete scatterbrain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a horrible time remembering ANYTHING. I can be in the middle of a conversation with DH and completely forget the last thing he said (with no distractions or anything). I can be in the middle of my own thought and completely lose it.
I overhauled everything today to simplify as much as possible. I bought a date book, put up a key hook, etc. But I know that is only going to help so much. That's not going to help me keep track of a conversation, or remember something that happened yesterday, etc.
First off, anyone have any idea why this could be happening? Are there any nutrient deficiencies or something that could be causing this?
Any natural remedies to help with memory? Or any tips at all about how to make my brain work better?

Single mama to DS8 and DD4. Feminist. Queer. Atheist. Poly. Full-time poli sci and econ student.
#2 of 2 Old 01-13-2012, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm scatterbrained due to medications, but I've found that forming habits has been a lifesaver.  I tried lists and sticky notes, but when you forget to look at your lists or sticky notes (unless they're stuck to your keys) it kind of is a fail.  Sometimes I send myself text messages on my cell phone to remind myself of really important things.  My old phone had an appointment reminder feature which was great, but my new(ish) one doesn't, but it does have an alarm feature which I've used to remind myself to do important things like take meds or get ready to go to school.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

Tags
Mental Health

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page