Anyone on Wellbutrin? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The medication I am on is not working. It's not making me feel better and I am not losing weight with it. So I would like to change medications.

Does anyone take Wellbutrin? I was on Prozac, didn't work. Now I am on Citalapram and it's not working. I even had my dosage upped and it still doesn't work and I hate how it makes me feel. That's why I was looking at Wellbutrin.

I have zero interest in sex, can't concentrate, feel unmotivated and I am exhausted all of the time.  This is not working.
greensad.gif

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 10:37 AM

I'm so sorry.  :(

I was on Wellbutrin for a few months and it didn't really do much for me.  I've also been on Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, and now Cymbalta.  I can't say that I'm totally "well", but I'm definitely at a better place than I was with any of the other meds (after being on Zoloft for many years and it stopped working).  The best part is that I felt relief within a week, which was shocking, and my libido is not only back, but it is through the roof!  

Different meds work for different people, and in my experience, different meds worked for me at different times, and it's been challenging for me to find something that works long-term after Zoloft pooped out on me.  But I am so thrilled at what Cymbalta has done for my libido that I hope it keeps working for me for a long time.  I can't imagine going back on an SSRI after having this much fun in bed after so long!

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Old 01-16-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

It is so frustrating.  I go to the county health department.  They are closed today for MLK so I am going to call them tomorrow.  I have an appointment scheduled for next Monday, but I don't want to wait to change the med.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post

It is so frustrating.  I go to the county health department.  They are closed today for MLK so I am going to call them tomorrow.  I have an appointment scheduled for next Monday, but I don't want to wait to change the med.

I hope you find something that gives you relief soon.  I've had 2 periods in my life where my depression was severe and took a long time to find the right med, and it was so, so hard.  I'll be thinking of you - please feel free to PM me.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 AM

Oh, and going on Cymbalta did not make me gain weight like Paxil and Celexa did.  Thank goodness, because I'm already overweight and that certainly doesn't help my mood.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 PM

I was on Wellbutrin, but I have not been on it for over a year now. BUT, I may  be getting back on it. I'm having some mild depression creep in lately. Anyway, it seemed to work well for me, but I didn't really have anything to compare it to. It definitely did reduce my appetite (which was a plus for me), but I also often had trouble sleeping on it, and pretty much had to eliminate coffee. That sucked. Anyway, it did the trick for me, but I did feel like after I was on it for a while I needed to up my dose to have it still work. My depression is largely seasonal, though, so I stopped taking it with no ill effects for the most part.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:26 PM

Hi...I am on Wellbutrin and also Effexor.  The two work well together.  I am also seeing a psychiatrist who does cbt therapy.  Medication alone (for me) does not work as well. 

What happened to me when I started taking the WB was an aversion to meat.  If I would have replaced this aversion with something healthy I may have lost weight but I replaced it with carbs.  I still do eat meat occasionally but I could live without it.

If you do decide to take WB, I would work on a meal plan also.  I am a terrible eater.  I hope that helps!

Tags
Mental Health
User Tag List