13th med change in a year (bipolar) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-04-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been diagnosed with bipolar, I have been suffering horribly for over a year now. Before then I was able to manage my depression and mania, but then things got worse when there was a big emotional whorwind in my life - it was chaos, and something in my brain snapped.

In the last year I have been on 13 different medications, hospitalized twice, and tried four different forms of therapy (EFT, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, DBT).

My current med combo isnt working either. My psychiatrist wants me back for another med change.

I'm so done with this. Im so overwhelmed. I am a burden on my family and I hate living like this. I hate being miserable, or hiding in my bed. I hate fearing how bad things will get or trying to fight how bad they feel. I am tired of staring at my computer screen at work because I lack the motivation to do anything but. I am tired of it all.

Nothing is working.

What if nothing ever works.

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#2 of 2 Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I also have a dx of bipolar disorder. I went through the cycle of med changes and it is terrible. I'm sorry you are going through this right now!  I know it feels impossible to be positive right now but it would really benefit you if you could find something  that is going right, something that will give you hope. You could be thankful for a psychiatrist who is willing to continue to work with you to find a solution to your struggles or even something as simple as today it's sunny so you don't have to walk in the rain to your car after work.  I had to cling to little things until life started looking up.

Again, I'm so sorry that you are in this place. I know it feels hopeless but it will get better.  You are strong and you can do this!! Keep fighting! A life where you can spend time with family and friends is worth fighting for. 

Mama to Dante (1/08) and Paul (7/10).twins.gif Wife to Allan.asl.gif

Missing Heaven Dec.9, 2011angel1.gif

"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3

Tags
Mental Health

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page