Feeling isolated postpartum..any advice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am new to this community--first time mom! My little girl is 3 months old and I've been struggling with postpartum depression. I feel like I am all alone in this...anyone else ever feel so isolated even with a perfect little baby?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 05:40 PM

Welcome!  You might also want to check out the Postpartum Depression forum for some help. 

Tired mama to my wild childenergy.gif ribbluyel.gif

#3 of 4 Old 07-07-2012, 06:30 PM

I think almost everyone with a new baby, especially their first, feels isolated to some degree for that first year or so! PPD is hard, and it's often hard to tell if you really have it or if you're just doing something really hard. Other moms understand!

Are you making a point to get out of the house, meet new friends through mom groups and stuff? Taking good care of your health is so important now too. The PPD forum is full of people who understand exactly what you're going through! It gets easier when they get older. hug.gif
#4 of 4 Old 07-08-2012, 03:20 PM

I went through this with my twins.  I remember and feel your pain!  Try moms groups through Mothers and More, meetup.com or moms International.  They have lots of different meetups which will help you get our of the house and around other moms who understand.  Also, you might connect with one or more of the women and make friendships.  The great thing about having a small baby in warm weather is you can take walks with a stroller.  It's even better if you can walk to parks and do baby swings or just walk around or even pack a lunch and eat/feed the baby in peace. hug2.gif

Tags
Mental Health

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page