feel like im going crazy! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ivesuffered anxiety and depression and started medication once I finished breastfeeding it reduced the depression but made me very cranky, so I have slow.ly gone off it. Now I have been getting impatient with my one year old and its making me depressed! Having trouble getting her tosleep the other day I pushed her so she fell back on her pillow in the crib , I felt horrible I know this is bad and spent the whole day crying I have made an appointment with my doctor but I'm scared to take medication again because I have never been an angry person until I started taking it.! Help! I'm seeing a child health nurse tomorrow ... Does anyone know any kind of parenting./counsellors? I love my family but feel like I don't deserve them greensad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The anger may be a result of the depression, or the medication. I went through depression that was not child related, and I struggled with anger! I didn't take medication, so that was not the cause.

It sounds like you're tired, and stressed. These things can make depression worse. If you can have someone help you a couple days a week, you would get adult conversation and a chance to nap, even if your little one is not quite ready for sleep.

If that's not possible, try to get to bed early a couple nights a week.

In addition to whatever you and your doctor decide, try to get out for a walk with the baby on nice days. You may also want to get a full spectrum light for those days you don't get out. Depression can also get worse from lack of sunlight.

I hope things improve quickly. Depression is never any fun, but you're not alone. My thoughts are with you.

Tags
Mental Health
User Tag List