NOt sure where to put this? Is there a forum here for moms in recovery? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Alcoholism in particular but any recovering moms at all?

TIA

#2 of 3 Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 PM

Lol, I doubt I'm the only one... I'm a recovering addict, I was addicted to Rx pain meds, particularly OxyContin, Dilaudid, Vicodin & Percocet. My Dad & Stepdad were both alcoholics when I was growing up, my Mom was addicted to both "uppers & downers" (as she puts it) and went to treatment for one month when I was 9. Both of my Grandma's were alcoholics, my Grandpa is also, and all my aunts & one uncle on my Dad's side are either recovering alcoholics/addicts or still are/not yet recovering... Is it any wonder I became an addict also, lol. However... I've been clean since 2009, when I found out I was pregnant (with now my oldest of 2 boys). I even quit smoking cigarettes that day and haven't smoked since then:) It's still very, very, VERY DIFFICULT TO REMAIN SOBER. Especially since my 3.5 year old was recently diagnosed with Autism a couple of months ago. So, you're not alone! I hope you are doing well:)
#3 of 3 Old 07-06-2013, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning! I'm doing well. How funny that on a national board you are in Woodbury MN. I'm in Eagan. Well I'm just moving there from Minneapolis.  Do you have a strong support system?  Do you do any AA meetings?

I am sorry for the stress your son's diagnosis has placed on you!!  My oldest has begun experimenting with pot...  parenting is hard!!!

Hope to hear from you soon

Melynda

Tags
Mental Health

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page