Can I cry on your shoulder? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today my psychiatrist told me that she is only going to be doing inpatient psychiatry from now on.  I have only 1 more appt with her.  I've been going to her for 5 years and we have such a great doctor-patient relationship.  She has seen me through so much and I have such respect and gratitude for her.  I love her and I'm so, so, so upset mecry.gif

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm very sorry. That is so hard. Did she refer you to anyone?

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 06-06-2013, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you.  I do have a list of referrals from her, yes.

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 AM

Well that's good. I had a shrink that I was very close to and then she passed away. It took me a little while but now I have someone great. I told him he's not allowed to die LOL!!! But I know he may not always be here. I just have to trust that I will have what I need when the time comes. <3

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

How are you doing with it?  Have you called any of the other people she referred you to?hug2.gif

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 06-17-2013, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

I'm doing much better, thank you for asking.  That day I was devastated.  I have an appt with a new one so that's a relief.  I have one more appt with her to say good bye :(

Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 PM

I think of therapists as coming in stages. For me, the person I need at any given time usually comes to me. Maybe you are heading into a new stage of enlightenment and a new person will be exactly what you need. :-D

joy.gif

Tags
Mental Health
User Tag List