breast feeding mommy with severe brain fog? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-10-2013, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am the breastfeeding mom of a 10 month old and I suffer severe bouts of what I can only describe as "brain fog"  I saw my doctor and she did a blood panel testing vitamin levels and thyroid, everything came back fine, but I got no answer about my condition.  She actually told me I was just not used to being a mom.  I know what I am experiencing is not just "tiredness from being a new mom".  I have kept researching and I came across this website (mothering) with a forum about brain fog and breast feeding and that progesterone levels can cause this.  Please, if anyone knows more about this, has experienced this, or knows how to treat this please let me know.  Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering! It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: I haven't experienced the issue you are having, but I have had doctors be dismissive and it's awful. I hope you can find another care provider who can help you and I hope some other mamas here can offer suggestions.

PS You might also want to post in the breastfeeding forum to get additional responses. :)

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I hope you figured out what was causing the foggy feeling.

Tags
Mental Health
User Tag List