my depression and GAD look different after baby #3, not responding to meds... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
my depression and GAD look different after baby #3, not responding to meds...

I have dealt with depression and GAD for about 14. years. For the most part it has responded well to antidepressants like lexapro and Zoloft. However, since DD3 has been born I have been having bouts of depression and anxiety despite medication. I never changed my dose or meds either. What has been even stranger is that I seem to have periods where I feel really good, and then cycle to irritability and agitated and then anxious and depressed and then back again. It is exhausting and I hate not feeling stable. I have seen my regular doctor and a therapist and neither were very helpful. It is further complicated by my DD3 still nursing (she is almost a year old) so I don't have a whole lot of medication options. I am making an appointment with a psychiatrist but they can't see me until August. I just need some I insight from other mamas as to what might be going on? I have never experienced this kind of cycling before, I used to be just plain depressed and anxious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
^^ I have this cycling between anxiety/feeling depressed & feeling "normal" as well. I've never been on meds, so I can't speak to that, but I have an appt to see my pcp next week & I'm hoping for Zoloft....but perhaps the psych will have better ideas. I also wanted to see if you have been there yet & give you a hug because I know how bad it sucks!!

User Tag List