New Bipolar Thread! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 275 Old 08-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the same experience, AidynElyMama, although I will say I never tried homeopathy or really a whole lot of herbalism. And I'm seeing a chiro + therapist right now which seems to be going well.

On the other hand, every time I've gone off Wellbutrin it's been a disaster and I'm reluctant to do so now. It's a pretty good med for me overall and has hardly any side effects. I take Zyprexa PRN as well when I think I am starting to get into a bad state. I'd like to cut out the Zyprexa all together becuase of the weight gain issues, but there really isn't a good alternative ESP when throwing pregnancy/lactation risks into the mix. I've been on just about every med and unfortunately for me I'm allergic to Lamictal.
#272 of 275 Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I liked zyprexa a lot, but went from plain obese to morbidly obese in 2 months...I am lucky to be able to take lamictal.

I actually wasn't dx with BP II until after DD was born. My pregnancy with her was HORRIBLE. At one point DH kicked me out of the house for a couple of days b/c I was in such a rage all of the time he was afraid I'd hurt DS. (I've never told anyone that before except my therapist!) One doc told me that his depressed patients tend to get better during pregnancy but the bipolar ones go totally off. He thought I was "just" depressed and dismissed my comments about my rabid angry behavior. I have a better pdoc now.

There are a number of reasons we're not having any more kids, but this is one of them. I'm glad to hear others can manage during pregnancy.

Sleepy mom of two (DS-11, DD-8). 4 lost: 9/2004, 3/2005, 3/2013, 8/2014.
#273 of 275 Old 08-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepymama View Post
I liked zyprexa a lot, but went from plain obese to morbidly obese in 2 months...I am lucky to be able to take lamictal.

I actually wasn't dx with BP II until after DD was born. My pregnancy with her was HORRIBLE. At one point DH kicked me out of the house for a couple of days b/c I was in such a rage all of the time he was afraid I'd hurt DS. (I've never told anyone that before except my therapist!) One doc told me that his depressed patients tend to get better during pregnancy but the bipolar ones go totally off. He thought I was "just" depressed and dismissed my comments about my rabid angry behavior. I have a better pdoc now.

There are a number of reasons we're not having any more kids, but this is one of them. I'm glad to hear others can manage during pregnancy.
My PDOC told me some bipolar patients are way better in pregnancy and some are worse. Progesterone can be very calming. I do really well in pregnancy for the most part, except in the very very end.
#274 of 275 Old 08-26-2008, 12:11 AM

I haven't really gone through the old threads.I just visited the new thread.I am expecting some more interesting topics on the thread.
========================
jennifer456
South Carolina Drug Treatment
#275 of 275 Old 08-26-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
My PDOC told me some bipolar patients are way better in pregnancy and some are worse. Progesterone can be very calming. I do really well in pregnancy for the most part, except in the very very end.
I think you're right, it can go either way. I was better with my son, waaayyy worse with my daughter. So bad they wanted to take her out early because they were afraid of what I might do.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page