Best drugs for anxiety? Want it to have few side effects and be easy to stop. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-07-2005, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What is the best drug for anxiety? It would have to have few side effects and easy to stop. So not Paxil or Effexor!!! This is for a friend, so breastmilk contamination is not an issue.

Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 05-07-2005, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kava-Kava, Velerain,
#3 of 6 Old 05-07-2005, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, she did try kava-kava, but it took so much to work that she started showing signs of overdose, so she's had to stop that. At this point she' s more interested in a prescription anxiety drug, along with cognitive-behavioral therapy. I've done a little bit of research so far, and Buspar looks promising. Does anyone have experience with Buspar? She doesn't have any panic attacks, it is more like a generalized anxiety.
#4 of 6 Old 05-09-2005, 12:39 PM

Is she trying to go natural? I know GABA is a biggie for anxiety if she wants a natural approach. I'm leery of pharma drugs so don't know much about them. I've never heard anything BAD about Buspar though. Here is a link to some patients feedback about Buspar.
http://remedyfind.com/rm-3933-Buspar.asp
#5 of 6 Old 05-09-2005, 12:46 PM

I took generic Ativan for awhile. It can be addicting I have been told if you take high dose. I only took 1mg and no problem. I took it when I was going through a really stressful time and was having midnight stressed out wake periods. Helped me alot and had no problem stopping it when my problem was resolved.
#6 of 6 Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 PM

Lexipro. Been taking it for 8 months and have had NO side effects. If I miss a dose or are late taking a dose, I do not have weird symptoms like I did with Effexor and Paxil.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page