Anxiety and breastfeeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2005, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read the other anxiety tread and found it helpful but have the need to ask for any input on these questions;
I have had anxiety/agoraphobia/panic disorder since I was 10, its intermittent and comes around in times of real bad stress. Diet change and excersize help alot but dont always relieve all the syptoms. Lately it has gotten quite bad and I decided for the second time in my life to try a SSRI, a few years back I tried celexa and it gave me hives after the dosage was increased, it had worked well before that. Now with a nursing toddler I decided to try zoloft due to it being better studied. Well even though I read many reports that it has little cross over to the nursling I found that me and my toddler were really effected by it . It gave me horrible restless legs and arms and when I upped the meds it made me have horrible gory nightmares/ twilight sleep terrors. My daughter would fuss all night and asked me for medicine to make her feel better but didn't know what was wrong with her. So please dont believe that it doesnt cross over into breastmilk. I am now toying with hydroxyzine and have taken adivan in the past. What experiences has anyone had with these sedatives and nursing and any advice?
thanks so much!

User Tag List