My "I ain't gonna get depressed this winter" thread. Please join! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 364 Old 08-23-2006, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifty
Still, I read some posts that are so anti-daycare that its hard to not question my choice sometimes. But then I remember, its not just a choice, because of how my brain is, its a need for her to go to daycare.

With smiles.
It's just a tool which one can choose to use wisely or poorly. There are a ton of studies that show that kids in daycare do just fine - so many there are moms questioning whether there kids wouldn't be better off in daycare! I feel you need to look at the whole picture. Honestly, when I have no time off, my kids are not better off with me - I feel like an angry, frustrated tired mom does more damage to them than a few hours in a well-selected daycare or preschool would by far!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#362 of 364 Old 08-23-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningfrog
I have been thinking about some sort of program for my 2 yr old. I have no life and basically no friends, and I get really klosterpohobic(sp) after a while.
I was also agoraphobic for a while. I have slowly come out of it this year but feel I will relapse back in if I dont do something now.

Its a daily struggle for me to get dressed, shower and go out, but I do what I can, and thats all I can do.
Ill be meeting some MDc moms friday so its something to look forward to..
I think a few hours break a week can do wonders for your sanity. Also, I found that commitment to be good for me, it forces me to get dressed, to get out of the house, even if only to drop DD off. If it was something just for me, I'd plan to do it, but skip it later cuz I didn't feel like it. So what I've done lately is not just sign up for things but actually signing up for htings that require a commitment, like running children's events for my mothers club and getting appointed to a town committee and the fact that it isn't something I can just beg out of has made a big difference to me.

I am on the mailing list for the moms group you are talking about meeting. Everyone is really too far away for me, but they sound like a really nice bunch - I'm sure you'll have fun!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#363 of 364 Old 08-23-2006, 11:17 PM

Congrats to the one and only Ms. Moo - that is awesome!

Interesting that you guys are posting about the daycare thing - DH and I have been looking at putting DS (22mos) into a part-time daycare so I can have a little bit of time and sanity. There was a mother's day out program that was 2 days per week, 4 hours per day. Would have been PERFECT but it's now defunct. Sucks. So we're on the search for the perfect part-time childcare and there's not much out there. Sorry gotta run - tantrum in progress :
#364 of 364 Old 08-24-2006, 09:27 AM

I saw my P-doc yesterday...He suggested puting me into a group therapy program. I like that idea. I get to get out of the house, talk to other adults at the same time, and have people I can talk to who actually relate to me in person...So I think Im going to start looking for a place to put DD so I can go do that, sicne we have no family that is available during the days to watch dd for me. and they dont do it at night so DP cant help ...

Thanks for letting me talk here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page