It's going to be a beautiful spring! Please join! (Depression support) - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 217 Old 07-05-2006, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Tonia

I'm sure there are resources in your area, such as a mental health clinic or even a general health clinic that could help you see a dr and help you apply for Medicaid. I understand how overwhelming it all is- it's hard enough to ask for help when depressed and even harder still when your whole living situation has just turned upside down.

Go easy on yourself during this transition- if the kids end up watching hours of TV a day, remember that it's only temporary.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 217 Old 07-06-2006, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Tonia-
I'm in NC, too. I don't know of any support around here, though. Can you do the public aid forms online? I know in IL you could, but I haven't tried here. Maybe if you call your local office, they will be nice enough to help you find a ride? I know in IL they will pick you up if you need them to. You can also call and see if you can go ahead and go to the doctor and they will pay for it in retrograde.

I wish I could help you out. If you are in NE/NC North Carolina, I may be able to give you a hand. Money is tight, but I may be able to give you a ride or something. I also have anxiety disorders. I really need to get to a doctor soon. I have been having a lot more melt downs than I have ever had before.

Let me know here, or send me a PM if I can help you.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#213 of 217 Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you girsl fro teh responses. DH FINALLY took me to get a medicaid application. I am gonna call tomorow and see if I can get in BEFORE I am approved. I am anxious to get help. He is being a bit more honest with me and we are tentaive as friends here BUT yesterday he informed me there is another woman in teh picture. You can imagine what that has done to my depression. Everytime I think of it I either cry or get a panic attack. I cannot live like this. He did not tell me to hurt me, but was being honest with me. i suupose I should be thankgful for that but it has all been thrown at me at once, ya know? I am trying to just take it one hour at a time. Cuz if I try to look ahead even a few hours or a few days I get overwhelmed.
#214 of 217 Old 07-07-2006, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm sorry, Tonia. That sucks. At least he was honest, though, and took you to get the application. Let me know if you are in eastern NC and I can give you a hand.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#215 of 217 Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM

Thanks all for the welcome..
I was on vacation during the 4th. It felt so good to be away from home. I felt great.
But now Im home again ...Ugh

How is everyone doing? ..
#216 of 217 Old 07-13-2006, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm ok, I guess. I just got AF today so it's definitely a "low energy day" today.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#217 of 217 Old 07-22-2006, 09:14 PM

GRRRRR!! Mood swing rampage.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page