suggestions for a friend needed... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2006, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My friend is dealing with alot of stress right now. A bad seperation from his wife a year ago and now he is fighting to get his kids back and she is playing alot of games. This all began a year ago and since then he has dealt with anxiety attacks and insomnia, etc.... He has been going to a therapist but is not comfortabkle taking meds so though he has a script he never filled it. He is very tense, stressed,angry, anxious, sleeping problems and depression. I am leaning more towards a homeopathic remedy or flower essence but need some recomendations here. TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2006, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've tried rescue remedy, kava kava, skullcap, and lexapro (prescription). Kava kava works the best for me, I like that it doesn't make me feel tired or drugged. I use liquid form. Skullcap works well but seemed more powerful, it also made me tired. Lexapro, I HATED. It could just be me because I am REALLY sensitive to any medications. Lexapro made me have insomnia (waking up for 2+ hours straight at night) made my anxiety worse, and made me feel depressed and very un-sexual.

Things that I've heard work well but haven't tried: 5-HTP (or is it 5-THP?) Calms forte (homeopathic), and valerian root.

Natural ways to deal with stress and anxiety: excercise, getting sun and fresh air, stretching, yoga, eating well, and meditation

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

User Tag List