help me with my depression via nutrition - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ok i am down and out big time. we just moved back to my hometown from england. I have having a big adjustment and basically dont really like it here, hubby doesnt either, but he is coping lately better than me. he has been working 18 hour days, i am home alone with ds all day. I dont know anyone other than my family. Everyone i know works. I feel like a loser, im fat, i have been eating CRAP and i just feel like a big pile of poo. I usually can pull myself out of depressions, but i feel like doing nothing. I miss my mates from england, i miss the walking(cant walk in this 100 degree heat) miss my son having friends, miss the crunchiness of it all, im thrown into *beat your child senseless* mainstream, USA. what can i eat to help me out here? I need to stop the junk.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sorry to hear that you are feel bad. I noticed when I eat junk foods for a whileI feel kinda cruddy. I Try eating more protien, fresh fruits and veggies. Are their and groups that you and your DS can go to to meet other mommies and kids?
Good luck and stay cool in the heat!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:59 PM

Definitely cut out the junk foods. Sugar and simple carbs are really hard on your mental health. Good fats (especially some wild salmon) are good, whole grains, and lots of veggies and fruits. Check out the Nutrition/Immunology thread too. There is some info there. I know MT had a link to small article on nutrition and depression. I have been using Cod lover oil w/ some success too.
Here is a little blurb from The Mood Cure book
http://www.moodcure.com/mood.html
It gives a little info on some foods that can help. Hmmm... I think I need to buy this book.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:44 PM

I just saw this thread, sorry such a late reply. I don't have a lot of time to type right now, but I'm in the process of curing my depression through nutrition and it seems to be working very well. The number one thing I would suggest is a good high vitamin cod liver oil. Liver would be a huge help as well. Just make sure to get organic grass-fed liver.
The traditional foods forum has a lot of mamas who have battled depression through nutrition, and who have a lot of knowledge in that area as well.
As far as that connection with other crunchy families, try putting up a flyer in your local health food store to set up a natural family living or ap group. Have you checked to see if there are other MDC mamas in your area?

User Tag List