Please help my Dh memory - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-07-2006, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He is getting worse and worse, he says it is because of work and he has too much part numbers in his head. He is very forgetful, seems like his memory is shot. Examples: He sets his keys down, 5 mins later he can't find them, I ask him as he is walking out the door to go to work to leave me the car seat out of the truck, it takes less than 10 second to get to the truck, he forgot to leave it for me. Just very simple stuff, like his watch he set it somewhere when he was working on the truck, that was saturday, he still can't find it. I'm kinda getting sick of being asked have you seen........ or do you know where I put..... Anything he can take to improve his memory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-07-2006, 06:09 PM

If this is something that has declined recently (rather than him always being like this) I would definitely have him see a doctor and see if there isn't a medical / dietary reason for it. I know certain deficiencies can cause poor memory. Iron comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#3 of 5 Old 09-07-2006, 07:51 PM

I get like that too. Of course, I think mine is related to the brain drugs I'm on. Its an odd sensation, but frustrating too!
#4 of 5 Old 09-10-2006, 10:55 PM

There are many natural options if that is what you are looking for. I went on a program that tested my neurotransmitters and was able to see why I was feeling so badly. The CN suggested I go on amino acid supplements that helped with my mood, my focus, and my appitite. I have heard it works extreemly well for memory issues too and some of the testamonials said that they used it primarly for that reason. There are natural supplements at your local natural foods store too. I really liked the program because I was able to see my neurotransmitter levels and after retesting see them improve and become more balanced- plus I felt a lot better too.
#5 of 5 Old 09-12-2006, 10:57 AM

A couple of years ago, I was experiencing symptoms like what your DH was experiencing. I would go shopping and driving up to the store would go "apples and milk, apples and milk" and then walk in, get the milk and almost come out crying because I couldn't remember the other part. I started forgetting my vocabulary and mid-sentence would look at DH at a loss of how to explain what was in my head. In my case, I was worried about it and insisted something was wrong where DH tried to tell me I was just stressed.

For some reason, I locked on to the idea that it was our water and switched us to spring water. It helped with my memory, but only a tiny bit. Around the same time, I developed terrible allergies and asthma. Through a long process of trying different things, we removed all the chemicals from our house. We stopped eating anything with preservatives, went to a whole foods diet, and went with all green cleaners and products. After my allergies and asthma went away, I realized that my memory issue was also cured and that any brain fog was gone.

I still don't know what specifically it was that helped me most, but since then, DH and I have continued to avoid chemicals in our lives. I have also since read up a lot on nutrition and the modern diet. Amongst the many things that can cause mental decline such as short-term memory lost are lack of nutrients, like a pp said. It can also be a toxin overload of any sort. Mercury, aluminum, and other heavy metal poisoning can affect the neurological system as can aspartame, which are also usually accompanied by some physical symptoms. It can even be due to an allergy in a certain food. It's hard to tell. Just make sure that if you get your DH checked out with a doctor, that you continue to try to discover yourself what is going on. Unfortunately, my opinion of conventional medicine is that they are mediocre at diagnosis, terrible with treatment, and nonexistent with cures.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page