Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Mental Health (http://www.mothering.com/forum/317-mental-health/)
-   -   Seasons are changing... (http://www.mothering.com/forum/317-mental-health/518365-seasons-changing.html)

moms3kids 09-10-2006 06:16 PM

Oh me oh my, it's the fall air that is blowing through my windows, it's the kids going back to school, it's me being a mess!!!!

EVERY SINGLE fall this happens, i have trouble even cracking a smile to my kids or dh, me and my dh end up fighting over somthing (and we NEVER argue) and i know it's time to full out the meds from the cabnit, last year i tried tanning and fish oil, didn't help much at all, resorted to meds, i was nursing then, this year dd isn't nursing any longer so i'm not even getting the benifit of nursing... i started my paxcil CR today... this is my 4th or 5th spring to take it...
Thing of it is i LOVE fall, the leaves changing, the crock pot cooking, being able to bake in my oven again... but there are other things i can't stand. Like my kids going back to school even though they love it, i've always hated the start of school, even when i was in school, but i sure don't let them know that.. Dh thinks it's dumb to take meds and it's all in my head... ect. but dosn't make an issue out of it. Oh tell me i'm not alone!!!

mightymoo 09-10-2006 08:06 PM

Well, I don't think I have a connection to fall, but I'm definitely with you. It's not in your head! Well, it is so to speak, but like it or not, its a part of you and not something you can just stop doing.

The depression hit me hard two days ago I've had a miserable two days. Thing is I'm pregnant and I'm just not willing to look into meds now. And with two kids and a husband who works 90 minutes away I really can't do therapy at the moment. I go in cycles which are like every few weeks or month, I'm in the crawl under a rock cycle at the moment. :P

I have found with my husband who is very sweet, but he just doesn't understand. It's not you being melodramatic, its something that grips you from inside, that negative voice that you can't get out of your head, that feeling like you just want/need to cry and you don't even really know why.

Pookietooth 09-19-2006 07:42 PM

Autumn is hard for me, too, although this year summer wasn't a lot better. :
I have tried:
cod liver oil
vitamin D
no sugar
vitamin B12
vitamin B6
homeopathy
acupuncture

Am starting with St John's Wort. Anyone else try it? I also took some inositol and L-tryptophan, and my lips felt tingly. Have no idea which it was. I think I'll leave out the l-tryptophan this time.