Dealing with a divorce - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-18-2006, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all. This is my first post in this particular forum. Long story short, STBX cheated, I found out, I'm kicking him out, separating till my military enlistment ends, then divorce. Does anyone here have any good tips for handling this traumatic time emotionally?

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was divorced at 27. I foolishly thought I was strong enough to handle everything on my own, and didn't seek out support. That was a big mistake on my part. My advice is to lean on your support system, and be sure to be extra gentle with yourself. Keep life as simple as you can, and tend to your spirit as much as you can. Allow yourself to grieve and mourn, and to be angry. What really helped me deal with the emotions (and I did it in my 30s) and still be able to live from day to day was to set aside an hour or whatever 3 or 4 times a week to work on "clearing."

If things aren't going well, try not to beat yourself up-remind yourself that you're going through a heavy duty life event that can be very stressful. I'm sorry you're going through this difficult time, and wish you all the best.
I hope happier times are soon around the corner.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Take care of yourself. Get LOTS of support!

Many Blessings, Coach K!

User Tag List