Social Disorder? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2008, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Something is wrong with my DP or he is the biggest BleeP around! He's been increasingly touchy and sort of defense towards me. He is alienating his entire support system. He has a lot of major stresses/changes going on now. But he finally suggested we all go on an outing. I was stoked, DD had fun and DS got some fresh air and extra snuggle time. We went to the mall and were only there for about ten minutes when he got overwhelmed and had to hurry out. He 'didn't like the way everyone looked at' him. ? He has mild paranoia about different people in his life. I don't know what to do. His anxiety is what made me think something may be going on.....or he just needs his mama to straighten him out. Am I off base?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-14-2008, 04:58 AM

I have social anxiety disorder and it can be a lot like what you described your DH doing. Sometimes I can't leave the house at all because I am scared people will judge me or hurt me. It really sucks, and the only thing that really helps me is my DH standing near me and talking to me. I don't know if that helps, but if you need more info on SAD I'm around.

(It's one reason why I like the Internet so much - no social anxiety on here! )

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#3 of 3 Old 06-14-2008, 06:19 AM

It does sound like a social issue. But also maybe some depression. I know when you push away family and friends it can indicate a deeper issue. Maybe ask him if he'd like to talk to someone else? A best friend, mentor, pastor?

I know it's got to be rough.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page