Advice for treating anxiety with vitimans, supplements, and foods??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have anything they've found helpful?

I've gone the SSRI route, and I'd do it again if I absolutely had to, but I really didn't like them. I want to make a real effort at treating myself using more natural measures, if at all possible.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-29-2008, 04:21 PM

yes, I have done so very effectively. However I will also say that it was effective because it was based on my individual needs. The reason people get anxious is because the body and as a result brain isn't properly nourished. However, different people have different imbalances. My advice would be to find a practitioner that is willing to take a critical look at your personal history and experiences and find a plan that will benefit you. It may cost a bit upfront, but it won't cost anywhere near as much as trial and error or the time you could lose trying to figure it out. I hope that helps, without actually giving any info! I really think that we can all heal given the right nutrients. It's just a matter of finding what those are.
#3 of 6 Old 10-29-2008, 10:43 PM

I would get a full panel of blood tests done as well as many of your hormones tested. I am feeling much better after realizing that I was severely deficient in B12, D, Folic Acid. My hormones were also completely out of wack in addition to the beginnings of a thyroid problem and adrenal fatigue.
#4 of 6 Old 10-30-2008, 03:46 AM

i would love to hear what others are taking as i really want to wean off drugs. has anyone successfully done that for bipolar disorder?

single mama to DD 5.09
#5 of 6 Old 11-12-2008, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've spent several days searching for well documented treatment for PMS/PMDD related depression/anxiousness. These are some of the best links I've found. There are info on bi-polar too and all kinds of mixed states with depression and anxiety and treatment recommendations.

http://www.amenclinics.com/ac/waysto...anx_depression

http://amenclinics.com/bp/care/supplements.php

http://www.lef.org/protocols/emotion...ression_01.htm
#6 of 6 Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 AM

Have you tried Calcium with VitD softgels(not tablets)? Calms me right down. I take 3 daily (more as needed). I suffer from seasonal affect (among other things) and I always have to take extra in the winter. I have never found tablets to be effective. I still take my meds. and Evening Primrose softgels. It is a great balance for me. Do follow the advice of twighlight and camprunner. Thorough is nearly always best. You don't want to miss an underlying medical problem.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page