Icky poo feeling vent. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I've been dealing with MDD/atypical for 4 years. Started taking Lexapro finally a few months ago and it helped, but not so much anymore. At all. Never felt so awful. Gained 20 lbs in two months, avoiding people, wearing the same sweatpants everyday, crying all the time. My psych. pretty much fell off the face of the earth (going through a divorce I think) so I found a new one. I had an appt. last Wed. at 9 am (office opens at 9). By 9:30 I ask the recep. what's going on (I need to leave by 10 to take my son to therapy).... oh um the Psychiatrist isn't there yet. So I just reschedule for next week and leave. As I do, I see her pull into the parking lot in her freaking BMW and pull into her private heated garage (seriously). This week has been awful. Every night I don't want to go to bed because that means I have to wake up and live another day like this. I just want to some help and I feel like nobody can help me. Now I don't even want to go see that DR because seriously? Rude. Disrespectful. She's a mental health doctor and that's how she treats patients? Puke. Doesn't help that I have to see my parents in 3 weeks and am freaking out about it. My parents are very thin, weight conscious and um openly disapproving about my physical "health". Grrr.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Newly single mama to DS 4/20/2005. Recently back from ALASKA.
#2 of 6 Old 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM

I hope you can find some help soon.It took me a while and I'm on a few meds,but I do feel better.Have you tried a therapist instead of a psych?I find them to be very helpful.I see a social worker and a nurse who does my meds.I hope you feel better.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#3 of 6 Old 11-09-2008, 11:55 PM

I have been where you are...... I hope you feel better soon.

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#4 of 6 Old 11-10-2008, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to say

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#5 of 6 Old 11-10-2008, 02:32 AM

hugs. i went thru quite a few psych and psychologist, social workers, etc before I found one that would help me. it's tough to keep looking but unfortunately it's in your hands.
hugs and prayers

single mama to DD 5.09
#6 of 6 Old 11-10-2008, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccomama View Post
hugs. i went thru quite a few psych and psychologist, social workers, etc before I found one that would help me. it's tough to keep looking but unfortunately it's in your hands.
hugs and prayers
So true. It can be incredibly difficult to keep trudging on and advocating for yourself when you're under the black dog, but you have the right to keep searching for help until you find it.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page