Gypsy Mama water wrap - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-20-2008, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know where I can buy one? Or do they make any other type of sling/wrap for showering? I want something to wear in the shower but I want to check out all the different ones. I looked online and thats the only one I found.

I really hate ordering online. Does anyone know of a retail store that carries ANY type of sling/carrier/wrap designed for showering?

My 5 week old HATES baths but LOVES showers and I am currently using my regular baby carrier that goes between the legs and I cant clean her crotch in it. I have to wash her crotch before we get in the shower. Its inconvenient.
#2 of 4 Old 11-20-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Now that I think about it it would probably be easier to just buy some stretchy, fast-drying fabric and have MIL put a hem around the ends. Does anyone have advice on making a wrap? What kind of fabric (for water), how much fabric to buy etc.?

Also I Have always avoided wraps rather than slings and carriers cause they look hard to pu on. lol. Does anyone have some intructions for me? Maybe a website that shows different ways you can wear them and how to wrap them?
#3 of 4 Old 11-20-2008, 02:20 PM

I am a wrapper but would not find showering with a wrap on to be convenient for washing the baby or myself at all. They are great for going wadding with baby in the lake or pool. I have a hotsling pouch that is made out of a solvail type fabric and that works ok for in the shower but DS sits upright now. I have been showering with DS since he was about 6 weeks old and found that the easiest way to wash him is to have DH pass him to me or to lay him on the floor outside of the shower on a towel and then pick him up when I am ready for him and I would use a wash cloth to hold on to him.

If you are going to make a pouch or wrap to shower with I would use some sort of stretchy mesh material.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#4 of 4 Old 11-20-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I like to wear her the whole time I am in the shower cause she really likes it in there so I want her to be able to be in there a while. She falls asleep! lol. I also like to relax and not worry about hanging on to her. I think we both enjoy it more that way. I tried just holding her the first time and realized we needed a better solution.

Yes I went to walmart and picked up some fabric. I got a mesh jersey fabric. It's exactly like what a football jersey is made of. I still need to cut it to the size I want and I am going to MIL's tonight to have her put a hem around the edge so it will look better.

I read somewhere that someone would shower w/ her baby in the wrap and then get out and towel off and just put her robe on around her and baby while she brushed her hair and stuff. Thats what I want to do. If I just hold her she is so cold when we get out and I have to dress her and stuff immediately which makes her mad so I have to sit and nurse her or comfort her to calm her down and by the time she is happy my hair is 1/2 way dry. Thats bad cause I have curly hair so it needs to be brushed and have curl cream applied to it whil its still wet. this way hopefully I can just get out and deal w/ my hair and then get her dressed.

I cant wait to try it out tonight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page