Anyone else''s LO still struggling with time change? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2008, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 8 mo. old DD used to go to sleep at 7:30 in her crib and sleep till about 4 or 5 am and then spend the rest of the morning with us in bed. And just to put it out there...we co slept for the first 4.5 months until we realized DH's snoring was waking her up. After the time change, she would go in her crib same time or later, we followed same nightly routine...but now she either opens her eyes as soon as we put her in or she wakes up 15 minutes later. We bring her downstairs and and I nurse her one more time till she falls asleep. Put her in her crib again and she wakes up. DH at this point will walk her and sing to her till she falls asleep again. Then she'll stay asleep. This usually ends around 9 or 9:30. I've tried the no cry sleep solution...but it's not working. I talk to other moms whose babies go to bed around 7 or so...and worry that she'll never have that kind of bed time again. It's also hard because I'm a SAHM...so I'm up with her from 7 am to 9pm and it would be nice to have some alone time with hubby. I love her so much and love being with her...but it just gets hard.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh my god, just empathy here... I wondered if anyone else was dealing with this. The time change sucks. Our DS has been starting to wake up at 4 AM new time, and only with fairly constant nursing that basically keeps me awake am I able to keep him in bed until 5:45 or so. By 6, he's up. I remember fondly the days when he'd sleep until 7.

Carey
Mama to Charlie (4/08) and Toby (2/10)

User Tag List