Vaginal discharge in 4 month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This actually started yesterday but I didn't realize it. DH had changed her diaper and when I came into the room a noticed a little green booger like thing on her vulva and I asked DH if there was poop in the diaper and he said no. But he had already put in in the diaper bin so I just figured maybe she had one of those little poop farts and he didn't notice so I wiped her off and didn't think anything of it.

Well then this morning when I took off her diaper there was a spot on there of discharge, pretty much just like when a woman has some vaginal discharge and it gets on her underwear. When I spread her labia there was another "glob" of discharge there, like a booger. Her inner labia and vaginal opening do look a little red.

Anyway, took her temp and it was fine so I don't think she has a bacterial infection. What should I do to treat this? Does it really require a trip to the pedi? Trying to avoid going there because we don't vax and also want to avoid all the sick kids but of course if it is necessary, then it is necessary Ironically enough, I started giving her probiotics the past 2 days.

Thanks.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#2 of 2 Old 05-04-2009, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dealing with the same problem in my 7 mo dd.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page