2009 is just around the corner! Time sure does fly! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 95 Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all :

Is anyone else finding it hard to get motivated to take walks? I love the idea, but getting DS all dressed up, then dragging out the stroller or putting him in the Ergo, only to have to come back in two minutes later because he's gotten upset, is really discouraging! He also chokes when the wind is in his face, sigh...

My weight-loss plan is at a standstill!

We've started decorating for the holidays though, which is nice. I have a wreath with a plush Santa and reindeer sitting in the hallway, and DS laughs at it each time we go by This time of year is a lot of work, but feels so lovely!

We'll be flying to Alberta (from Quebec) on the 20th - it's going to be quite an adventure seeing how DS handles the trip.

What's everyone else doing this holiday season?

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#3 of 95 Old 12-01-2008, 07:41 PM

Dreamy - I didn't realize you were in Montreal - if you ever come down to Burlington you should let me know.

It was spring like today, but it's supposed to snow tomorrow. I'm kind of excited for the snow.

Kathlin fly-by-nursing2.gif mama to Kezia (3.5) hearts.gif & Cowan (1) diaper.gif

#4 of 95 Old 12-02-2008, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Hi all :

Is anyone else finding it hard to get motivated to take walks? I love the idea, but getting DS all dressed up, then dragging out the stroller...
Oh! Oh! Me! ME!
It is SO cold here and I just don't want to put forth the effort. OTOH, I really need to get out of the house... I'm beginning to feel like a shut-in. :
We only have one car and hubby uses it for his commute, so Kabob and I are stuck at home all day... no family or real friends around.
#5 of 95 Old 12-02-2008, 09:40 AM

Dreamy- I'm definitely finding it hard to get motivated on the cold days here. We should try to maybe have a play date in the winter I'm already dreading the days and hours of being trapped inside avoiding the cold and viruses.

Miss E is going awesome she on her 4th tooth, to the bottom two and now the upper two. It's terribly cute. She is crawling properly now, and has given up the army crawl all together. Also she pulls up to stand on EVERYTHING. even.the.bedrail.!:
She is also doing GREAT with people these days, she still is unsure of them but doesn't full on cry when they look at her.
I have finally broke a weight loss plateau! hurray:
I'm also enrolling in classes in web and graphic design. I'm hoping on figuring out a way to stay at home with her.
As for the holidays, we may just go up north for a few days, and we'll do xmas at my boyfriends parents house. (We met them on sunday and they loved eden and we got along so well)
I know Edens too little to know about the holiday season but I do want to make it special for her, even if it's just for her to look back on.

: feminist mama to DD 04/08
#6 of 95 Old 12-02-2008, 10:35 AM

count me on having trouble with logistics for taking a walk. where we live there aren't any sidewalks or for that matter a town to speak of to walk around in, which is fine because we love to hike in the woods. but the problem is that DS is 3 yo and can't really trek along beside me for the length of time or at the pace i would want to go in order to really get a good hike in. so if we do go walking, it's more of a meander just down over the hill to our pond and back. while it's lovely, it's definitely not helping me from a physical fitness point of view.

i am teaching 2x a week now, so that's at least a little something. and i'm hoping to add another class in January. Plus I'm hoping that Elowyn will continue enjoying being in the daycare at the wellness center where i work and hopefully i won't feel guilty about going one or two mornings during the week to either take a pilates class or water aerobics class or use the empty classroom to do some yoga just for me. i know it's unlikely that i'll really lose weight during the winter (my body likes to hang onto weight when it's cold) but i can at least be building more muscle which will make burning the fat in the springtime a little easier.

we're heading down to VA Beach to visit with DH's family for the winter holiday, so i'm trying to find a hotel for us. MIL has a more than full house as she lives with SIL and her two daughters, plus a menagerie of animals. And i don't mind having a reason to escape to a hotel anyway, it can all get a little over-stimulating for the kids and it's nice to have a quiet place to retreat to for a while. i'm not so much looking forward to the 8 hour drive down there, though. we'll probably try to do it at night so the kids sleep the whole way and just go straight to the hotel that first night and wake up in the morning to go to MIL's.
#7 of 95 Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLY? View Post
Oh! Oh! Me! ME!
It is SO cold here and I just don't want to put forth the effort. OTOH, I really need to get out of the house... I'm beginning to feel like a shut-in. :
We only have one car and hubby uses it for his commute, so Kabob and I are stuck at home all day... no family or real friends around.
That sounds EXACTLY like me. We're getting a second car in Jan-Feb, but I go back to work in March

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

#8 of 95 Old 12-02-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xshy View Post
Dreamy- I'm definitely finding it hard to get motivated on the cold days here. We should try to maybe have a play date in the winter
We should definitely try - if I can take the bus/metro to somewhere near you, I just have to time it so that DH can pick me up on his way home from work, that might be doable

#9 of 95 Old 12-02-2008, 05:30 PM

It's getting harder to get outside here too, but we still go on walks almost daily. Mathias all but requires it sometimes-he gets bored in the house. He doesn't like the bundling up routine, but as soon as I put him on the bed on the Beco and start strapping it on, he's soooo happy! I swear the kid would live outside if it was possible.

His 2nd bottom tooth came in about 1.5 weeks after the first. Solids are going slowly, I think I've figured out that he only really likes the 'blended soup' consistency. Potato leek soup is still the only thing he digs, LOL! Though last night he ate some squash from a jar alright, so I think I'll try making some squash soup. He's hit 25 lbs now and at least 30 inches tall. His feet also don't even fit into any commercially made soft soled shoes, so I'm having a pair custom made.

He gets up on all fours and crawls a couple paces here and there, but mostly he's still scootching on his belly. It won't be long, I'm sure. He still just wants to hold your hands and walk walk walk everywhere.

I'm getting excited about Yule and really trying hard not to buy him too many gifts. It's so hard when I see so many things that I know he'd love! DH doesn't want to mess with a tree, especially since we'd have to buy it. With three cats wanting to climb it as well as a baby, it's probably for the best anyway. So I think I'll just have to put lights around windows and whatnot.

2xshy, I just went to your website, and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope that business will pick up for you!

Life with a toddler: it's not so much the volume, it's the pitch!
#10 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Will you ladies throw tomatoes at me if I complain about the cold in GA??? Seriously, it HAS been cold. It snowed at my house yesterday! (This is NOT why I moved to GA!!!). I grew up in VT, I'm not a COMPLETE wimp. But yeah, chilly. :

Z is crawling all over the place. He's pulling up anywhere he can find a haldhold. Yesterday I looked down the stairs and saw him standing, leaning on the bottem stair and looking like he wanted to climb. Eek. I'm not ready!!!

The other night we were in bed and Z was crawling and fidgeting around. Then he pushed up to sitting, hit DP's shoulder (he was sleeping) and extremely clearly said "Dada!". Jason, without realizing it was Zaven, woke up and said "what?". We all cracked up! He's said dada a couple more times, but not as clearly.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#11 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleystar View Post
I swear the kid would live outside if it was possible.
My girls would live outside, too! Anytime they are upset (from infancy), the magic trick is to take them outside, and usually it is insta-calm. We're looking for a house, but I'm thinking that maybe all we need is some land, a barn, and a yurt.

The latest excitement here is a 2 week visit from my mom. We went for a walk the day she arrived, and I asked her to wear Adele in an Ergo. Not even 100 feet into our walk, my mom fell; it was so scary! Adele was fine, but my mom hurt her ankle. She thought it was a sprain, but one week later she decided to have it looked at (as it wasn't healing properly), and it ends up she was trucking around on a broken ankle for a week (doing my laundry and such.. hee hee)! She goes back to PA tomorrow and will hopefully get a walking cast, as she's been on crutches here.

Adele and Nadia are doing so well. Nadia has 4 teeth, and Adele is working on her top two at the moment. Nadia loves to vocalize and repeats a lot of words. She has 'Hi' and 'Hey you' down pat (says them at the appropriate times). Apparently early talkers run in the family (my mom likes to point out to me that my brother spoke in 3 word sentences at 12 months old ), so I hope she can talk soon for both of the babies! Nadia is busy army crawling, and Adele loves to bounce bounce bounce - in arms, on the exercise ball, in the jumperoo, etc.

We also started the girls on the potties about a month and a half ago, and it's great! I was initially shocked at how simple and easy it was to get them to 'go' in the potty, though I know I shouldn't be surprised. I'm so excited that it likely won't be a battle to get the girls to use the potty as they get older; instead, they'll just be used to it. Hooray!

Aside from that, I've been getting way too many migraines due to lack of sleep. Totally killer migraines. Between the two babies, I rarely get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time, and I need at least 4 consecutive hours to function decently. I've always gotten migraines when I don't get good sleep. It's come to the point that my health is really suffering, so we're going to start to gently night wean here so that we can hopefully set aside 6-7 hours when no one wakes up for food. Our whole family needs a functioning mama.

HAPPY DECEMBER, ALL! :

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#12 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 AM

Wow kjoy, I can't imagine having two to take care of, it sounds like you're doing great! :

I bought a little potty last week. Eric was struggling to poop, so I thought it might be easier over a potty than sitting in a diaper. We're still working on the timing though - it's tough to get all his clothes and diaper off in time.

#13 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Wow kjoy, I can't imagine having two to take care of, it sounds like you're doing great! :

I bought a little potty last week. Eric was struggling to poop, so I thought it might be easier over a potty than sitting in a diaper. We're still working on the timing though - it's tough to get all his clothes and diaper off in time.
Thanks, mama, I need the occasional support

When are you trying to potty Eric? So far I primarily potty my girls at regular times - when they wake up, about 10 minutes after they eat (sometimes), and then during any other diaper change.
Sometimes I'll put someone on the potty if I notice they are still dry and have been dry for a good amount of time, and occasionally Adele will become fussy and 'cue' for the potty.
It is really easy just to pick some pre-set times and do it part time. I figure that our goal isn't to catch every poop and pee, but rather to keep their poop and pee out of a diaper instinct alive so that potty learning is not a battle.

I do notice that the potty helps my girls when they are struggling to poo - hope Eric continues to have better luck with his efforts!

Mama to twin girls Adele and Nadia, born 5/2008
#14 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM

Baby, it IS getting cold outside! Brrr!

We have a dog who gets a bit forlorn when we don't get a walk in. It is better motivation for us to get some cardio, but without the dog, all my exercise would take place in a heated yoga studio! Ella likes to be outside, but she doesn't like to be cold. And even if I get her all bundled up, her face is still exposed to the air and I don't think she likes that.

I can feel her first tooth poking through! I'm so going to miss that toothless grin. Today a tooth...tomorrow she'll be off to college. The tooth doesn't seem to be bothering her much. I've been giving her teething tabs and she wears an amber necklace. Maybe those really do work--much to DH's dismay! Ha!

I'm so happy to report that the more independent she becomes, the happier she is. She has been a cranky baby most of her 7 months. Cutting out dairy helped a great deal. Sitting up all by herself helped even more. I've been able to stop dreading another day with Miss Fussy Buckets and start looking forward to what adventures we can have that day. She even loves to be worn now (only on our backs, and only in an Ergo), which is a new milestone.
:
#15 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:

yes, the fewer the clothes the better as far as pottying is concerned. when at home, E mostly wears a t-shirt, babylegs, and a non-waterproof trainer. that way i can just pull the trainer off to offer the potty and nothing else has to move. when out and about i use a waterproof trainer (with side snaps if i think there's a chance she'll poo in it, though that's very rare) and a pair of paints with elastic at the waist - usually fleece now that it's cold. or else a pair of wool longies.

it is a lot easier, IME, in the warm weather though. especially for a girl - just a little sundress and a nakey butt or a trainer and you're good to go!

also IME, once babies get used to pooping in the potty, they strongly prefer to do so. Both of my older kids, who i didn't start EC'ing until 9 months with DD1 and 6 months with DS, completely stopped pooping in their diapers ever at around 15 months, and did it with regularity for a long time before that. and we were very part-time lazy EC'ers what i've found interesting this time around is that pottying isn't any harder than changing diapers - in fact it's quite a lot easier since there's not a lot of clean-up involved and as her bladder control increases she goes much less often than my diapered kids did at this age. : cool stuff.

speaking of the potty, as i was typing this E took a *huge* poo in the potty
#16 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoy2 View Post
When are you trying to potty Eric? So far I primarily potty my girls at regular times - when they wake up, about 10 minutes after they eat (sometimes), and then during any other diaper change.
Thanks for the idea - I tried it after his nap and he peed in the potty

I tried again later when it seemed like a poo was coming, but no go.

I tried putting babylegs on him last week, but they leave nasty red marks on his thighs - I fell bad making him wear them. It's pretty cool here, so he generally wears a onesie with a shirt over it, and pants, so the process is take the pants off, unsnap the onesie, take off diaper, THEN potty. I need to keep the onesie, otherwise his back and stomach would always be getting exposed to cool air.

Maybe I'll go check out some EC threads now

#17 of 95 Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 PM

Hey ladies! Things are going better here-Katie's mobility as she crawls really seems to help. She's getting pretty independent as she plays. Now if we could get nights figured out, life would be a lot better. We're reading Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution. I can't seem to figure out how to lay her down comfy and sleepy but not ASLEEP. If I do she just cries and cries. Bleh! Anyone else had any luck using these techniques?

Katie has two bottom teeth so far. She's learned how to "wave" and loves to greet us with her version-which is an outstretched hand and a grin. What games do your babies like to play? Katie gets a kick out of peekaboo and pass the binkie back and forth. She's also generous enough to "share" everything with me-holding up toys for me to taste after she's had a nibble or two. Hysterical!

I got a Beco Butterfly recently. WOW. I just can't say enough good things. I put her on in a back carry (which was a cinch), and admittedly, she's only 17lbs but PEOPLE! There was daylight under the shoulder straps! ALL the weight was on the hips. OMG! I've tried a Mei Tai, and I have several pouch slings... but that BECO! Oh my! It's worth EVERY penny!

I'm interested in hearing more about your ECing efforts. Katies favorite time to go is WHILE she's nursing. I got discouraged when I realized that and gave up. Maybe I'll give it another go!

I'm done with my X-mas shopping for the girls. Black Friday and a trip to Ft. Collins made me temporarily insane. Its going to be a VERY good year for the girls. What is your favorite toy you've gotten for each of your kids? DD#1 (6) is a fairy bower I've made for her out of fake flowers and a bed canopy DD#2 (K) is this odd little open ended toy comprised of 6 or 7 3 dimensional triangles that all have a magnet in them-they snap together and pull apart and make intersting shapes. Wish I could remember the name!
#18 of 95 Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpaca Wacka View Post
We're reading Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution. I can't seem to figure out how to lay her down comfy and sleepy but not ASLEEP. If I do she just cries and cries. Bleh! Anyone else had any luck using these techniques?
I read it as well, but have no idea how to implement it : If DS is put down awake, he either gets really excited and starts kicking, which wakes him up completely, or he starts crying. Sometimes I'll let him keep playing to burn off energy, but he eventually starts crying again, so I pick him up.

I have three ways of getting him to sleep:

a) Give him his soother (after nursing) and carry him around until he sleeps, then put him in his crib (this is the usual nap routine).

b) Our usual nighttime routine is I wait until he shows sleepy signs, then I nurse him in our bed. As soon as I put him down he rolls and reaches towards me, he knows what's coming He wakes up all the time in his crib, but when he sleeps with me, he'll go from 11PM to 8AM with only two 1-2 minute wakeups which a little BFing takes care of.

c) A couple of times now I've gotten him to go to sleep on my lap while I sway side-to-side or rocking in the rocking chair. I'm going to try encouraging this, since it's MUCH easier on my back than option A!

#19 of 95 Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 PM

There must be someone else that has a baby that isn't even close to crawling? You're all making me feel like a bad mama!

He really has no interest. Sitting up is FANTASTIC. Rolling around and crawling? Nada. Hates being on his tummy. The thing is, I've seen him occasionally hold himself up on his tummy before, so he CAN do it, he just doesn't generally WANT to do it. I think maybe though he might learn to crawl from a sitting position, because I have seen him fold himself all the way over and kind of lunge forward at things, so I think that's his preferred method of starting out. We'll just have to see.

No teeth either. Day care keeps saying "Oh, I think this is the week, he's chewing on EVERYTHING," and then nothing happens. Stop teasing me!

Leo's loving solid food though, he's been taking bites of my oatmeal in the morning and loved the turkey meatloaf we had last night. We're doing purees too, which he adores. I haven't ventured into actually letting him feed himself yet though, isn't that terrible of me? I'm afraid of the mess! I know, I know, I just have to do it.

He's a great sleeper, we're so very lucky. And I'm STILL pumping for him, I can't even believe I made it this long. :

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

#20 of 95 Old 12-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Hey ladies! I don't know if any of you remember me, but I was in our dd club way back when. After Lucy arrived I took an internet break for various reasons and am starting to slowly become addicted again.

Lucy has been such a joyous baby (not that my first one wasn't, but I don't think I enjoyed her as much because I was so tense about things). She is 7 months and started crawling on Thanksgiving Day. Army crawling, but working her way up to all fours. SOOOO different than my first. DD1 didn't crawl until 9 months and went from not really even rolling over to straight out crawling in one day. No teeth yet, no solids yet. I thought she would be all over solids, but I have put sweet potatoes in front of her a few times and she loves to play with them, but if they accidentally touch her mouth she acts like they taste like dirt. I heard that around 9 months that changes for many of them. I have worn Lucy so much more than my first and she is a completely mama-addicted baby. What's funny is that it doesn't bother me this time around whereas it did last time. I'm kind of thinking it was because my mom told me she "shouldn't" need me that much.

As a family, dh switched jobs in August, we put our house on the market, sold it, and then moved. I barely felt like we had time to pack, much less find a house. Now we are renting until we find what area we want to live. I would love to live in the more central areas that seem to be more crunchy, but we simply can't afford it and fulfill my dreams of more kiddos. So, we're still in limbo trying to figure this out.

I'm happy to find you ladies again and catch up! What beautiful babes you have!

About an hour after birth:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maayeh/...7604780396615/

3 1/2 months:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maayeh/...7606490255569/

6 months:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maayeh/...7609800223747/

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#21 of 95 Old 12-05-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISDiva View Post
There must be someone else that has a baby that isn't even close to crawling? You're all making me feel like a bad mama!

He really has no interest. Sitting up is FANTASTIC. Rolling around and crawling? Nada. Hates being on his tummy. The thing is, I've seen him occasionally hold himself up on his tummy before, so he CAN do it, he just doesn't generally WANT to do it. I think maybe though he might learn to crawl from a sitting position, because I have seen him fold himself all the way over and kind of lunge forward at things, so I think that's his preferred method of starting out. We'll just have to see.

No teeth either. Day care keeps saying "Oh, I think this is the week, he's chewing on EVERYTHING," and then nothing happens. Stop teasing me!

Leo's loving solid food though, he's been taking bites of my oatmeal in the morning and loved the turkey meatloaf we had last night. We're doing purees too, which he adores. I haven't ventured into actually letting him feed himself yet though, isn't that terrible of me? I'm afraid of the mess! I know, I know, I just have to do it.

He's a great sleeper, we're so very lucky. And I'm STILL pumping for him, I can't even believe I made it this long. :
He sounds exactly like my DS (except for the sleep part, heh heh). He squeals and eventually cries when on his tummy - either that or he immediately rolls over. He's been sitting since before 5 months though, and loves standing (he can support himself, just needs to work on balance), so I'm guessing he's going to skip crawling and go straight to walking. Gives me more time to babyproof, so I'm not complaining :

He can be somewhat mobile when he wants - he occasionally lunges from a sitting position about two feet across the couch trying to get the remote!

He also has no teeth, though it seems like he's been having teething symptoms since he was 2 months old : His cheek was actually red today, so I'm wondering...

For solids, he's having yogurt mixed with food every morning, then pureed chicken with veggies at night. Chunks didn't go over so well. He gets super excited when we put him in his booster seat! :

#22 of 95 Old 12-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
GISDiva- I was just talking about this with my neighbor today. She's a little concerned because her daughter seems to have no interest in rolling (although she DOES sit)....especially when she sees Zaven rolling and crawling all over the place. I told her that she REALLY needs to check out MDC because we aren't as worried about "guidelines". Okay, I just got sidetracked, but my point was...yeah, my neighbor's daughter isn't rolling or crawling either.

amaayeh- Welcome back! I did the same thing. I was gone for 6 months and then came back a couple weeks ago. Sucked RIGHT BACK IN!!!!! It's good to hear from you again!

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#23 of 95 Old 12-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Thanks Jessica! It's good to be back and hearing what I define as 'normal' outlooks on kids and family!

GISDiva - I said in my post a second ago, but didn't address you directly...my first really had no interest in doing much. She only rolled one direction (front to back and only to her right side) and never rolled more than once. She was easy to contain and wasn't terrible at all about getting into stuff. She crawled at 9 months and walked at 12. Now, I don't think she sits still...literally. I look back and I think a lot of it was motivation...she didn't have anyone to keep up with like dd2, but I also think some of it was just her personality. At least he sits up well! Lucy doesn't have any interest in sitting.

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#24 of 95 Old 12-06-2008, 10:43 AM

I have a question: What are you LO's favorite toys right now? I'm having a hard time coming up with something for the holidays to tell my family to get her and I want her to actually use it!

#25 of 95 Old 12-06-2008, 11:12 AM

It is great to see everyone's babies growing and changing!

Charlotte is sitting up but not crawling, she HATES being on her tummy. She will instantly roll over. She does enjoy standing though.

In terms of toys...her fav is a set of soft blocks that we bought. She likes me to stack them so she can knock them down. Over and over and over again. She also likes her "spaceship" it is a seat with a saucer around it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thorndy...7610546620757/

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#26 of 95 Old 12-06-2008, 11:37 AM

We just got DS some blocks, and he loves banging them together to make noise - I figure later he'll love stacking them, so I think they're a safe bet.

#27 of 95 Old 12-06-2008, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaayeh View Post
I have a question: What are you LO's favorite toys right now?
Littlest Pet Shop! My oldest DD has a large bucket FULL of them and Zoe, lately, must have one in each hand at.all.times. I know some may think they're too small but...eh, she likes 'em!

~Marie: Mom to DS(17), DS(16), DD(14), DD(10), DD(8) & someone new on the way.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#28 of 95 Old 12-06-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I have a question: What are you LO's favorite toys right now?

Eleanor's favourite toy is any toy that isn't hers. You could put out 50 toys - 49 of hers and 1 of her brother's and she would go for the one!
Her favourites of hers would be cloth books and her wooden teething ring.

mama to the Girls (15, 14, 13) and the Littles (5, 3) 
#29 of 95 Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I have a question: What are you LO's favorite toys right now? I'm having a hard time coming up with something for the holidays to tell my family to get her and I want her to actually use it!
We just got a hold of a computer keyboard that doesn't work anymore, and gave it a good wiping off. DS thinks he's died and gone to heaven! He finally has his OWN keyboard to bang on. I suppose that your family wouldn't be as excited to shop dumpsters to find one though. LOL!
He has a little wooden train that has a removable smokestack, and he will hold that in his hand for hours at a time. My dad said it's basically a Shaker peg, if we want more.
We have this bath toy set on his wish list. It is BPA, PVC, phthalate free.
http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Baby-Duc...7652900&sr=8-9

Life with a toddler: it's not so much the volume, it's the pitch!
#30 of 95 Old 12-07-2008, 01:16 AM

Hi everyone! I just found the new thread, oops!

Lizzie is doing awesome, she's finally sitting really well and can army crawl even though she doesn't even attempt to get up on her knees. She loves to stand while holding onto someones hands and if she could pull up I know she'd be standing all the time.
We FINALLY are starting food, no alot just tasting but I came to figure out that she hates baby food. Anything that I pureed for her she would spit out, as soon as I tried very soft chunks of food she was all about it. Now she gets chunks of steamed carrots and sweet potatoes while we eat and she loves trying to pick them up and put them in her mouth. As long as it has texture to it she'll try it, if it's mushy then forget about it. She's still a big time boobie baby though, she still nurses 3-4 times a night too and I"m exhausted and loving it all at the same time

Her favorite toy right now in anything that belongs to her brother or sisters and she loves trying to get it away from them. She still loves being carried all the time and I'm getting alot of use out of the Ergo, I don't know what I would do without that thing.

We got pictures taken today with Santa and she didn't cry at all! She screams bloody murder when anyone but me is holding her but for some reason Santa was awesome to her.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...y/0Z7W6364.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page