I think I'm going to scream. My baby won't sleep. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 31 Old 12-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the real benefit of the moby wrap is being able to have her upright. supposedly, this sort of "hug carry" that you can do with a moby is great for tummy troubles of all sorts.

hawk never had tummy troubles, but he HATED being in any sort of reclining, sling-like hold. he'd squirm, fuss, and then if i didn't get him out fast enough, he'd *scream*. he's a 0-60 kind of guy. LOL

anyway, he loves to be in his wrap, and whenever he is fussy (usually due to over stimulation from the ILs!) i pop him in and go for a walk. he passes out in a few blocks, and i usually do 2 miles for good measure. after that, he'll sleep in there for quite a while.

there were a few nights where i was walking at night with him (thankfully, our neighborhood is very safe). i would have to walk a mile to settle him and then sleep with him ON my body (i could unwrap him, but i'd have to rock him and then lay on my back with him draped over my chest. it worked well for him.

also, i instituted weekly PJ days. each week, i spend a day in the old PJs with the baby. it's so great for us. we are busy folks and often out and about and he's quite the curious little trooper and great at it. BUT, it's nice to just be able to take a day. sometimes, my husband joins us (we do a sunday of movies, books, cuddles, and healthy raw foods (just cuz it's easier to deal with. make a big salad and share; eat fresh fruit. . .no cooking! weee!). but, if we're on the go for the weekend, monday is the day for the baby and i to completely recharge.

good luck with everything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page