green bowl movement?? what does it mean?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2003, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there

anyone tell me if they know what green bowel movement means in a 10 month solid eating baby??

there is many factors here so I will explain what is happening.

-tuesday ds came down with fever (38.8 C) it broke on wed morning... he had bowel movement all day tues and wed.... then it started to become greenish colour , he has red rash where the acid from the bowel movement touches his skin on the backside of his buttock (even though I change him regularly and righ away after bowl movement)

-hes been screaming a lot in the night due to tummy pain?? seems to be before he makes his bowel movement (its fluid type)

-he looks like he may have eye infection (from swimming in hot spring on sat ... many families there that day so was full) (dd seems to have red eye too so not sure) So perhaps bodyis fighting that infection??

-thought he was teething as it was all symptom...light fever, bowel movement... but not sure

-Sat he ate 'green linsen' soup...but mil didnt cook it properly so we all were uncomfortable for a day or two (he was constipated the next day)... but many days later for green stool??

-tues and wed he didnt eat anything

-wed night he had some avocadoe but not much
-thurs night he ate some noodle

so that is my run down of last few days...cant figure out if its related to the new food of linsen...so many days later?? he had avocado befoe but never green stool.

anyway...any tips what it means??

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2003, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

ok...we make our own fruit juice... perhaps the orange juice I drink is too acidy?? (plus put ginger in it)

in evening we try to make the beet, carrot and apple juice... (but havent made it in a while...did make it last night...but noticed green bowel movement before I made that)...also in past didnt see that.

perhaps will cut out the orange juice?? (hard I am trying to double up on my immunity system...due to stress, and colds and lack of sleep...want to be healthy before my plane trip abroad in a week time alonewith the two kids).

(I did eat a handful of olives too the other day...erhaps also too much??)
Old 12-06-2003, 01:41 AM

When my now 5 and 3 yo boys were younger, their poops would turn green everytime they had a stomach bug that made their poops acidic. The accompanying rash is simply awful. There are so many silly stomach bugs that go around it's nuts.

User Tag List