8 month old decrease in wet diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-01-2009, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little guy is almost 8 months old. He's not sick, is his usual self except that he has been nursing a lot more the last couple of days and nights.
At first I thought it was maybe a growth spurt, but today he hasn't soaked as many dipes as he usually does.
His overnight dipe last night was soaked as usual, and he has been peeing today, just not as much (didn't count them)

We do cloth/disposable combo.

For example, in the last 2 hrs he's only peed 2 -3 times - I know b/c he's wearing cloth and the 2 -3 times I pulled it off to check he peed while it was off (previously an hour in a cloth dipe would be very noticeable). Maybe he's just holding it and trying to EC himself?

He doesn't seem dehydrated at all.

He is VERY distracted while nursing during the day, making day nursing very quick (despite my best efforts at trying to get him to nurse more) So he seems to be making up for that at night, nursing like a hungry wolf....

Is this just something that happens as babies grow?

How many wet dipes should there be at this age in a 24 hr period?

Anyone else experience a change in wet dipes around this age?

Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 PM

This is happening with my dd. I don't remember it with ds at this age. I think she is not nursing very much during the day but nursing alot at night and so doing most of her peeing at night. Her weight is fine so I'm just keeping an eye on it for now. Some babies do 'hold it' longer.
#3 of 3 Old 01-02-2009, 10:48 PM

He might be holding it, you could always try to offer him a place to pee when you take off the diaper. It's probably cleaner and more convenient than wherever the pee is going now! I did notice that my LO has peed less frequently during the day for awhile now, I can't remember since when, though.

Kimberly, in love with Hannah Rose! (04/08) EC grad!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page