Nov '08 DDC Kitchen Table - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 114 Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Teff-I just bought a Laguna Didy! Oh cannot wait...patience is a virtue I do not have

K had her 2 month well child today. She's 10lb 12oz (her growth has finally slowed) and 23 1/4". She's doing GREAT despite a little cold. Can I just say I LOVE our doc! She's a DO and so awesome, homebirthed herself, BF/AP/NFL/BW, etc. She was talking about her "mommy group" she started when her two oldest were small..it was play for the babies and white russians for the mommies at 9AM! I gotta find me a mommy group like that! kidding...well only half kidding! Then she told me that I'm doing everything just perfectly and I'm a great mom! Gotta be thankful for wonderful supportive people like that! Then we went and had our last PP visit with the midwives...so sad. I'm gonna miss seeing them.

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 114 Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 PM

Om-how wonderful that you found such a great doctor!

I'm not really all that happy with our doc at the moment. She keeps talking down to me. She has no kids, and I'm on my third. My older 2 seem to have survived, I think after all this time I prolly know what I'm doing. We actually met the funniest guy, he's gay, which I loved even more. But they work in the same clinic, and I don't want to offend the first doc. Not sure what to do, but the second doc was so much more friendly!

Thanks for the coupon code. Poor Charlie is on a hydrolyzed formula. Everything else makes him scream from the awful gas. Unfortunately, there isn't currently an organic hydrolyzed formula on the market, and I'm not willing to risk a very very unhappy baby. Which puts him at risk for the mercury in the corn syrup. But I really don't want my boy to have soy either (phytoestrogens). I wish breastfeeding had worked out, but it didn't, and so thats that.

Everything else is great. We have some good routines worked out with my school schedule. Hubby is doing the morning thing well, even if he is stressed sometimes.

We've got to chat more, keep this thread at the top!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#63 of 114 Old 02-02-2009, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Girl View Post
Teff-I just bought a Laguna Didy! Oh cannot wait...patience is a virtue I do not have
I'm sitting here wrapped in my gira toucan. I wrapped K today and it was lovely, and tomorrow I'm gonna ruck Nora. I'm getting pretty good at the ruck with lexi. I still want a spotter (hubby), but give me a week! Who are you on TBW?

Cari, what brand are you using? Poor Charlie! BTW, I don't care anymore about offending doctors. Remember, they work for YOU!

Nora's still got cradle cap. I'm just leaving it.

I got bothered for NIP at IKEA on Saturday. This si the second time at that store

My supply is getting reasonable. I WISH I could give my excess to Cari and Jen for the boys! Nora's much happier and gaining better already since she's not so gassy and miserable from the oversupply. Who knows, we might beable to drop the paci and co-sleep! Wishful thinking though, one of the CCLI teachers I know think I should keep it to stave off oversupply returning, since using a paci hasn't affected my fertility before.
#64 of 114 Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 AM

hey tef,
my norah has cradle cap too. the burts bees baby soap is treating it nicely.
plus she gets a dab of aquaphor since its drier than a desert here.
nothing fancy, but i think she looks better

louloubean in love with bryan, mom of boo squeak and nor nor: and 7 chickens
#65 of 114 Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
I'm sitting here wrapped in my gira toucan. I wrapped K today and it was lovely, and tomorrow I'm gonna ruck Nora. I'm getting pretty good at the ruck with lexi. I still want a spotter (hubby), but give me a week! Who are you on TBW?
I'm mamalotusyoga on TBW! See you around

Quote:
I got bothered for NIP at IKEA on Saturday. This si the second time at that store
I'm sorry you had a two time rotten experience. Did you ask to speak with a supervisor?

#66 of 114 Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Hiya everyone!:
I am doing very well. No ppd this time and I can't tell you what a big difference it makes. Anders is awesome, flipping huge! He is 12 weeks today, 3 weeks ago at this ped app't he was 16lb, 8oz and 25-3/4" long. I am sure he is 18 lbs by now. My back is feeling it and I am working hard on my abs to help my back. The Moby is great, but I don't always put it on around the house. I am trying to find a car seat for Anna so that Anders can have her Britax Marathon. I am torn between the Frontier, Nautilus or the Saferguard hybrid. If anyone can share, please do. I want a harnass and booster. I like the Safeguard b/c it is not so bulky and looks easier to take in and out of car. I have read about them in the Family Safety forum, but would like to hear if any of you fine mamas can share.

Anders had a lot cradle crap too. I put some Mother's Helper(i think that is the name, belly oil that i used) and very gently used a fingernail brush to get it out. It worked great, although it is coming back a little bit.

It is interesting to see the difference with my kids bf'ing. Anna was a major comfort nurser and Anders isn't. I could always soothe Anna w/bfing. Anders isn't quite like that. It is good and bad.

Oh gotta go..wanted to write more, but need to make dinner. It is great to hear from everyone.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#67 of 114 Old 02-03-2009, 11:56 AM

First time posting here Sad to see the DDC forum leaving! Brendan is 3 months and 2 days old now, and about 14-15 lbs. He weighs as much now as my first child did at 6 months! My first child was also ALWAYS "behind" on clothing sizes and still is. He wore preemie for a while, then 0-3 when he was 3-6 months old, and so on. Brendan wore preemie for about 2-3 weeks and has been in 3-6 months clothing for a few weeks now (so before he turned 3 months). He's a lot shorter than my first, though. Short and stout

We don't do well baby checkups. I did some with my first until they asked me why I was coming if I wasn't going to do vaccines, lol. I took Brendan (born at home) for a visit when he was about a week and a half old. Then again when he was about a month old because of what I thought was really really bad reflux (ended up being my overabundant milk supply and him swallowing tons of air and tons of milk and then spewing it back all over ). So we haven't been to a doctor since. The only reason I want to go again is to check him on their scales and see how much he truly has grown compared to the last time we went in.

Anyway, Brendan is doing really well! He started laughing at 12 weeks! He was laughing at his older brother who was growling at him for fun It was so cute and such a surprise to hear that adorable belly laugh come out of him! I was worried he wouldn't do it for DH for a while (we were visiting relatives out of town while DH had to stay home). BUT, the night we got bak he laughed and laughed and laughed at DH He smiles all the time, hardly ever cries, but when he does it's so darn adorable! He usually hates to be put down, so I've really gotten to LOVE my wraps! I found one that was almost brand new at a consignment shop for $10! I don't think they knew what it was, lol

BFing is going really well! CDing is not as well as it was with DC#1. Diapers keep leaking. I finally just stared using my pocket diapers like covers and we're doing well now, but it's really annoying to have spent that much money on pockets and have them not work!

I want to find a "tummy time" mat for him to lay on. I went to BRU and most of their stuff was all for laying on their backs and playing. The couple of things they had for tummy time were really "dumb". They have one surf board looking thing that they lay on, but it's narrow, like a surf board, and Brendan's been rolling over since he was about a month old, so I know he'll roll right off of it. I want a mat that has lots of things to look at, feel, etc.

Any suggestions?

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#68 of 114 Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM

Hi Mamas! It sounds like the babies are getting so healthy and chunky! We should do a picture thread soon, to see what they all look like now.

As for us, Meadow's eye is infected. The one that got the cornea transplant.
We noticed a white spot on it, and took her to our local eye doctor to see if he could treat it. Of course, he couldn't, so we made the trip to Miami on Friday, just got back last night. And tomorrow I'm turning around to go right back so they can follow up. SOmetimes I think we'd be better off renting a place down there and staying for a while!

Right now she's on some heavy-duty antibiotics, until they get the results of the culture. Hopefully it clears up soon. If not, I'm worried about her eye. If the infection gets too bad, it could cause her body to reject the transplant. If any of ya'll have any prayers, please send them this way...

Meadow is doing so well in other ways though. She still doesn't smile much, and she doesn't seem to see anything, but she doesn't have to wear casts on her legs anymore!!! : Now she will wear little orthopedic shoes that are connected by a bar for 3 months. After that, she only has to wear them at night! We are so close to the end!:

We gave her her first bath last night. Since she had casts on her legs, we haven't been able to bathe her. It was so sweet and fun! Meadow is an awesome baby!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#69 of 114 Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM

Hey everyone! We are doing well here. Erin is nursing well, and has pretty much figured out a workable latch with the tongue tie that no longer hurts when she eats. WE have discovered that she is milk soyand possibly wheat intolerant. Its not super severe, but she is much more comfy when I don't eat those things.

belly.gifLesli: Wife to Jon, Mommy to my treasures, Kyla(Feb 06), Erin (Nov 08), and "Beanie" due 01/12! We're a home centered family! Homebirth, homecooking, homemade homegrown, and homeschooling!!

#70 of 114 Old 02-04-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
Hiya everyone!:
I am doing very well. No ppd this time and I can't tell you what a big difference it makes. Anders is awesome, flipping huge! He is 12 weeks today, 3 weeks ago at this ped app't he was 16lb, 8oz and 25-3/4" long. I am sure he is 18 lbs by now. My back is feeling it and I am working hard on my abs to help my back. The Moby is great, but I don't always put it on around the house. I am trying to find a car seat for Anna so that Anders can have her Britax Marathon. I am torn between the Frontier, Nautilus or the Saferguard hybrid. If anyone can share, please do. I want a harnass and booster. I like the Safeguard b/c it is not so bulky and looks easier to take in and out of car. I have read about them in the Family Safety forum, but would like to hear if any of you fine mamas can share.

Anders had a lot cradle crap too. I put some Mother's Helper(i think that is the name, belly oil that i used) and very gently used a fingernail brush to get it out. It worked great, although it is coming back a little bit.

It is interesting to see the difference with my kids bf'ing. Anna was a major comfort nurser and Anders isn't. I could always soothe Anna w/bfing. Anders isn't quite like that. It is good and bad.

Oh gotta go..wanted to write more, but need to make dinner. It is great to hear from everyone.
If Anders is that big, the Moby isn't going to cut it for much longer. Most experienced wrapper say the comfort level drops quickly after 15 pounds. I've already starting switching to a woven so that I get good before Nora outgrows my Moby!

My da has a Nautilus for K. It was easy to install and use, and K loves the built in side pockets and cupholder. He's a magpie though, so of course he loves a seat with built in storage.

Neither of my kids can comfort nurse due to my oversupply. I think Nora could probably now that I've cut my supply down, but she's hooked on the paci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
I want to find a "tummy time" mat for him to lay on. I went to BRU and most of their stuff was all for laying on their backs and playing. The couple of things they had for tummy time were really "dumb". They have one surf board looking thing that they lay on, but it's narrow, like a surf board, and Brendan's been rolling over since he was about a month old, so I know he'll roll right off of it. I want a mat that has lots of things to look at, feel, etc.

Any suggestions?
We saw a really cute one at IKEA. I think it was even backed with grippy material so it wouldn't bunch when they started dragging themselves around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Girl View Post
I'm sorry you had a two time rotten experience. Did you ask to speak with a supervisor?
Actually, the store mamanger called me today to apologize!
#71 of 114 Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 AM

Hey all!Jeez!I miss you!I need to work out more online time!I've almost got our homeschooling schedule locked in,the house is set on this new level of chaotic comfort, the roof is leaking...long story for later,and dh lost his second job since Pearl was born!This is how our lives are now.CRAZY!!!!!!!!Peej is (short for PJ so as not to confuse her with Nerdy's PJ) 2 mo. old and 13 lb,moving out of 3 mo. clothing,esp. when in cloth-which is another saga involving more disp cos she is SO not sitting for 1/2 a secong on a wet rag!She will sit for a good 3 pee's in disp, but the poo flys up to her neck!!!!! She's a sweetheart and not so happy with dairy,but better if I just cool it off milk,not EVERYTHING like my last nursling,so I can handle that.AW, did I mention I miss you all?:You are my tree's.

:::
#72 of 114 Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 AM

Quick post while Im drawing Elyse a bath.
We had well baby check ups today. Lexi is 3 months almost and Elyse is two years. Lexi is 13 pounds and 23 inches, Elyse is the same as the last appointment. Overall it was very good. Elyse's last appointment I found out that unlike what I was originally told when I got out here I don't have to vaccinate the girls (the doc who I saw is actually anti-vax). So, DH and I decided to hold off for a while and reconsider/research everything better. I thought I would have a fight on my hands today but the doctor I saw today is also anti-vax, which means as long as I see one or the other (theres only 3 in the office) I won't have to mess with vaxing questions. This doctor actually made a note in their records that they won't be recieving vaxes for the forseeable future so I don't have to say it at every appointment.

I still haven't heard from DH. Its been over a week now, I hope I hear from him soon.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#73 of 114 Old 02-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Yay for awesome doctors! Our doc is completely on board and supportive of us. Makes me so thankful after some of the horror stories I've read on here.

Kinda upset about baby weight issues. Had unrealistic expectations that since I'm BFing I'd drop the poundage with the quickness. Instead I think I'm gaining weight. DH keeps telling me not to worry, it's only been 3 months but ughhh. I want my body back. Okay, whining over.

Yay for almost/current 3 month old babies! :

Rebecca, mom to Annie (11/07/2008)
#74 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaWo View Post

Kinda upset about baby weight issues. Had unrealistic expectations that since I'm BFing I'd drop the poundage with the quickness. Instead I think I'm gaining weight. DH keeps telling me not to worry, it's only been 3 months but ughhh. I want my body back. Okay, whining over.
I didn't start losing weight when I had my first baby until I was 6 months pp. I didn't lose all the weight until I was pregnant again and was so sick to my stomach I couldn't eat. It will come off eventually.

When I complain my husband tells me that its all in the milk. I went from a 32B before I had my first DD to a 32C when I was brestfeeding to a 32 D when I got pregnant again and now Im a 32DDD. So, he might be right in a little part of it but I still don't like the extra fat I didn't have in my belly and legs before.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#75 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM

hi all, craziness here. been lurking around

birdie - praying meadow's infection clears up ASAP! but glad to hear everything else is going so well

oki - i am always so impressed with military spouses. i have some friends and family in the same situation and i don't know if i could do it.

here, dylan is getting fat and sassy. i swear he's teething, his fist is his best friend these days. we decided to delay vax indefinitely after going to hear a lecture by a local doc. so we're not going to well baby visits until 6 and 12 months. my parents were here for a week and it was pretty nice having them around. plus a friend and one of my sisters came as well. makes me realize how much we're missing by not being at home in chicago.
we're getting hit by the economy here. my (unpaid) maternity leave has been extended indefinitely and dh's freelance work has kinda dried up. we're okay for a couple of months, so i'll just tack it onto the prayers i'm already offering up. there are others in tougher situations, so all in all not too bad. at least dh gets to spend tons of time with us at home. that's invaluable.
more hilarity with the landlord. we won our court case last summer and they tried collecting legal fees. we've been sending letters and they took off the fees, but labeled it as back rent (illegal!!). so we got notice from the court they filed to evict us two days ago. which you CANNOT do. we still haven't had the paperwork delivered, also illegal. we went to court and decided to follow up on challenging the rent. nyc has all sorts of laws governing rent and we're stabalized. well, it looks like they reregistered our apartment as vacant last summer in anticipation of winning the case. they want us out so they can try and collect market rent on the place, over $2000/month.
one problem...i'm pretty sure we still live here...yep, yep, distinctly remember giving birth in the apartment. still living here. i'm so looking forward to creaming them in court. trying to illegally evict us. with an infant. in february. special place in hell reserved for these people. i hope we get a rent reduction too. and a fine for harassment. dh never wants to move now, just to hose them on the rent stabalized rate for as long as humanly possible.

can't say maternity leave has been boring.

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#76 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 05:20 PM

WOW, there's lots of stuff happening here!

s to all the mamas and new babes and those special older siblings who are sooooo amazing! : to you all!
Birdie: Prayers for Meadow
Emc: WOW your maternity leave def hasn't been boring! Hope your DH finds another gig soon!
Oki: it's the boobie weight! Definitely
Rebecca: I hear ya about the baby weight...sometimes you don't lose that last coupla pounds until after you stop nursing. Although I did find a workout DVD that kicks my abs like you wouldn't believe! I cried the first time I did it because it was a "hurts so good" kinda workout!
KindRed: K is the same way with sposies poo splosions up the back...Have you tried Thirsties fitted diapers? They're super absorbent and stay dry. WE LOVE them. You can get them super cheap as seconds off Thirstiesbaby.com.
Teff: Yea for the apology!

Things at our house are going good. DH got a lateral promotion this week and is having a big wig lunch right now to find out the details of his start date! I don't have to go back to one of my jobs. I really like staying home and cooking!
I applied for the Fall 09 Nursing school program. I have to wait until mid-April to find out if I got in...one step on my path to becoming a midwife!
The girls are doing so well. K is an angel baby and is sleeping through the majority of the night in her bassinet!!!! Lala NEVER did that. Lala is such a great big sis. She's all about helping me and doesn't fuss too much when I need to nurse K.
I'm also loving our Moby wrap!

#77 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, Ladies!

Any interest in making this a monthly thread? Quarterly?

Let me know!

-Rockport Mama-

Learning & growing & changing everyday!
#78 of 114 Old 02-07-2009, 02:47 AM

I wouldn't mind monthly!

Nothing new here. Nora is still struggling with my milk - I swear it's a day by day drama!

My BF is preggo and due in July and we went out shopping today. She has to have a section due to previous births (risked out), but I'm still geeked for a newborn again. She bought a double stroller, which was fun too.

I think I have found the perfect diaper bag - Lexie Barnes Superstar, now to find it at a price I can afford.

Any Meadow updates?
#79 of 114 Old 02-08-2009, 01:07 AM

I bought as a second carseat an Alpha Omega Elite. Love it! Our first is an Evenflo Titan Elite. Love that one too, but we'll need to buy a booster. The AOE turns into a booster too (5-100 lbs).

Favorite diaper bag is a machine washable Rain Forest Babies. Lovely soft stuff. And it looks like something a simple mama like me would carry. http://www.fuzzibunzstore.com/

Favorite carrier right now is the BabyHawk. Oh so comfy for a 16.5 pounder like my Charlie!

Tummy time is spent on a blanket here. Nothing special.

Formula is actually both. Some friends have been giving me some Nutramigen, although I generally use Alimentum. He's fine as long as it isn't plain milk based. That stuff is $26 a can, so I take all donations!

We got a new to us van today! Whoo hoo! Every thing works on it, the heater, the dash lights, no dents, no broken windshield. A good way to spend the tax return! I'm so happy to have a nice car.

Prayers for Meadow!

Boo and Yay for Ikea.

Good to see everyone else!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#80 of 114 Old 02-08-2009, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, I was just looking at the rubbermaid website and they list which of their products do and do not have BPA!

Mine don't! Yeah!

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/bpa-info.jhtml

Learning & growing & changing everyday!
#81 of 114 Old 02-09-2009, 03:14 PM

I just realized we had this thread over here, was wondering where everyone went!

Typing one handed.

We are doing great. Nathan is about 13lbs and 25" now. Had to move him to 3-6m clothes after just a month, he was too long for 0-3 lol. He is such a cute happy boy, I love it. Still nursing at least every 2hrs round the clock. Hope he starts sleeping mroe at night, but at least he still naps a lot during the day so I can get stuff done. My other 2 boys have done well with their new brother. I started babysitting a 6m old boy 3 days a week, so pretty busy.

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif
#82 of 114 Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Hi Ladies!! I missed all of you. I have been lurking alot on the breastfeeding forum. It has helped me TREMENDOUSLY! But I missed all the old faces...errrr.....screennames. hehe.

My house is complete and total chaos. Charlie is HUGE, 25 pounds and 3 1/2 feet tall I think. And RUNNING EVERYWHERE. I dont think the kid knows how to WALK. He adjusted well to his new little brother. Gives him hugs all the time. Matthew is a CHUNKER! I so did not expect a breastfed baby to get THIS BIG. Poor Charlie was on formula by 3 months, and still didnt grow like this. Matthew is 15 pounds and I would guess around 23 inches long. Hes only 11 weeks old!!! Hes laughing already, talking and making all sorts of different noises. Poor Charlie took months to do this stuff. Must be all the brain food.

I am all on board for making this a monthly thing. or daily, I miss you ladies. hehe.
#83 of 114 Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Thanks for your prayers! I believe they'll help.:
I don't have much time right now, but here's the latest on Meadow:
We've been to Miami (and back) 4 times in the last week and a half!! I am truly sick of that drive! We just got home last night and we have to go back on Friday for another follow-up appt. The doctors think it's an infection, but it could be the beginning of a transplant rejection - they look very similar at first.

So we're giving her lots of eyedrops, and monitoring her eye carefully. It's not looking very good Right after her transplant, it was crystal clear and beautiful. Now it's hazy, cloudy, whitish and has lots of discharge. She may have to have another corneal transplant in the near future.

Next Wed. the doctors are going to look at her eye in the OR and see what they can do. We can only wait and see what they find, and go from there.

Meadow is in high spirits, though. She's so tough!! She endures all the poking and prodding by so many strangers so well, and seems to forget the discomfort as soon as it's over. She loves to lie on her back and kick, and she's started smiling when she does it. I'm so impressed by her strength, and I just love her so much!

Thanks again mamas!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#84 of 114 Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie B. View Post
Thanks for your prayers! I believe they'll help.:
I don't have much time right now, but here's the latest on Meadow:
We've been to Miami (and back) 4 times in the last week and a half!! I am truly sick of that drive! We just got home last night and we have to go back on Friday for another follow-up appt. The doctors think it's an infection, but it could be the beginning of a transplant rejection - they look very similar at first.

So we're giving her lots of eyedrops, and monitoring her eye carefully. It's not looking very good Right after her transplant, it was crystal clear and beautiful. Now it's hazy, cloudy, whitish and has lots of discharge. She may have to have another corneal transplant in the near future.

Next Wed. the doctors are going to look at her eye in the OR and see what they can do. We can only wait and see what they find, and go from there.

Meadow is in high spirits, though. She's so tough!! She endures all the poking and prodding by so many strangers so well, and seems to forget the discomfort as soon as it's over. She loves to lie on her back and kick, and she's started smiling when she does it. I'm so impressed by her strength, and I just love her so much!

Thanks again mamas!

What a precious angel!! Godbless you for your strenth and endurace! you are one heck of a mama~!
#85 of 114 Old 02-11-2009, 07:52 PM

Hey mamas!

Hope everyone is doing well...we are still living in limbo here; DH hasn't found a new job yet (though he's in the second and third round of interviews for several good positions). We really, really want to stay here in the Northeast/mid-Atlantic area where all our family and friends are (anywhere between NY and DC, really) but we're desperate enough that we're considering positions (if he is offered them) in Cleveland and in Atlanta, two places I've never even been let alone wanted to move to, so who knows. At least those are both waaaaay closer than Arizona, where we tried moving before!

Unfortunately, we are getting kicked out of my mom's house (it's a 55+ community with no kids allowed, so we knew that was coming eventually! We've been "hiding out" here for almost 6 months after all.) Someone finally caught on and complained to the association, so we have until the end of the month to find somewhere else to live. Just what we need, more stress...and possible expense when we our savings and his severence are all but gone

At the same time, the heat in my minivan broke and we have been driving around FREEZING like you wouldn't believe for two weeks!! The poor kids had to have like 10 blankets on them to drive anywhere. Thank God, a dear friend of our family is paying $500 for a new radiator for us and it's being put in as I type.

Does stress/depression make you want to make drastic changes to your hair? LOL. It always does for me. Last time I made a major change was right after we lost my dad pretty suddenly in '06. I went from light blond to bright red. Now I'm thinking of chopping off my very long hair to a chin-length style or something. Maybe I'm losing my mind. I'm also an emotional eater, so forget losing the baby weight - every time we get more bad news, I eat more and more. Ugh, gotta stop that and get back to exercising.

Well, speaking of those you actually WANT to be chubby, it sounds like all the November babes are growing so well! Isabelle is doing great - she'll be 11 weeks tomorrow, and she's close to 15 pounds and 25 inches, which is pretty much where all my kids have been at this point. She is tooooo cute, I have to get some new pics of her I'm getting a pic taken with a JCPenney coupon I have - a whole bunch of portraits for $7.99! - it's going to be all 4 kids for the first time, in their Valentine's outfits (matching heart dresses for the girls, and a "Heartbreaker" shirt for my little man!) Who wants to call odds on getting 4 kids 6 and under to all smile simultaneously?!?

So....Birdie, thanks for the update on Meadow, I'm so sorry she's facing some complications with her eye after the transplant but glad everything else is going well. I hope things improve with her eye soon!! She is one brave little girl (and you are one strong mama!)

Teff, I hear you on the oversupply. I have major oversupply that has only gotten worse with each of my kids. I regularly have to pull over during the day and hand-express for a couple of minutes into my empty coffee cup or whatever I have in the car, just to be comfortable and allow Izzy to latch on properly! I wish I could donate - I looked into the milk banks, but the rules state that you can't donate if you've ever traveled to certain countries, one of which is Nigeria, where I worked for several months (it was a long time ago, but still, they don't want my extra milk because of it! ) I am too dogmatic I guess, but I refuse to use a paci, so it's hard for her to comfort suck but she's finally finding her thumb with some regularity, so that's good. I mean, not that good, I don't really want a thumb-sucker any more than a paci-addict like my first DD was (which is why I won't use one again - it was hell trying to get her off of it!) but at least she can comfort herself a little when she's too full to nurse anymore. The spitting up is improving a lot, too, so maybe things are starting to even out.

Oh, and Teff, if you're looking for an LB Superstar (it is a great bag - very stuffable but lightweight), they come up fairly frequently on that BabyBags board I told you about before! Did you ever join, or if you don't want to, do you want me to ask if anyone has one FS on there? I would be happy to look around for you, let me know! I'm a bag addict who can't afford to indulge myself right now so I might as well enable someone else, LOL!

Sorry, I wanted to reply to others but have to go, BBL!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#86 of 114 Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 AM

Bundle,

As a woman whose hormones have been all over the place for the last two years, and has chopped her hair, and changed its color TWICE during that time, and regretted each time, I will advise you to think LONG AND HARD before chopping yours. I told my mother and my hair dresser, if I ever start talking about changing my hair again, its just hormones, so HOGTIE ME!!!!
#87 of 114 Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM

To play the devil's advocate... it's just hair! It will grow back!!

One thing I really liked about breastfeeding even if I had low supply last time: suppressed menstruation. Got my period yesterday I didn't get it back with my first until he was over a year old.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#88 of 114 Old 02-12-2009, 01:34 PM

Thats what I always said right before I hacked it off too. But one thing I never thought about was how much i HATE having hair in my face. So unless I am shaving it off, I have to have it long enough to pull back from my face. I am still in an in between stage, and its driving me NUTS!!!! Especially on a windy day like today.
#89 of 114 Old 02-13-2009, 02:55 AM

Hey mamas!

Just checking in. Nora's got a cold - the lovely ILs prolly gave it to her. Gah I really dislike them. After a visit, the kids have colds and Imy supply went crazy - prolly because of being near the triplets.

I'll post more later.
#90 of 114 Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 PM

Hey everyone!
We have been super busy lately but I have a couple of minutes to post.
DH is having issues at work which isn't good for him. However, it means they need him back over here to slove the problems. Hes coming home Tuesday!! Almost 3 weeks early : Im happy he will be back even if it means that he will be putting in a lot of hours at work.
The girls are doing really well. I think if possible Lexi actually grown more over the last week or so. I can barely snap her 3-6 month onsies if she doesn't have a diaper on (I tired to see if it was the diapers). With a cloth diaper on we definetly have to use 6-9 onesies. She has short stubby legs though so pants shes still in 3-6.
I don't know why but I decided since John was gone I would clean and redecorate our house. I was going to have a ton of time to but now i have to get it done today and Monday.
To Birdie and Bundle Im sorry you both are having such a hard time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page