Nov '08 DDC Kitchen Table - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 114 Old 02-14-2009, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still having terrible pain in my right breast, right behind the nipple. The supply seems to have slowed down to reasonable again. I'm trying to convince hubby that we need to wean her from the paci ASAP, but he wants to wait until we figure out what the heck is wrong on the one side. I think it's reasonable, but K is a paci addict and I'd like to avoid it with Nora.

We went to our local playgroup today and I really realized that I'm just NOT like the majority of the groups. Some of it is religious, but a lot of it is just ridiculous. I actually listened to another mama (who had her child through IVF with 9 frozen embryos) berate the mama with the octuplets. She and another mama were saying the doctor should be charged and the mama's money taken away. I was just so sad that she thought it was ok for her to use fertility treatments and not someone else just because the mama is on assistance. I finally said that I think all babies are a gift from God, and no one should have the right to tell you how many children you can have. When she started with the "but.." I asked her how exactly one picks which kids to get rid of. I wsn't trying to be argumentative, but seriously, what did she think would be said at a playgroup at a Catholic church?!? I don't know, I just can't stand the whole mommy wars thing.

On to another point, I am thinking about homeschooling more and more. Hubby is against sending K to public schools any time in the next four years (or beyond, heaven forbid), so we need to think about funding private Catholic school or homeschooling. Some friends are putting together a homeschool coop, and we're invited for sure, but I'm wondering if I should give K the option of trying private school. There are some serious duds in the area, but there's also a very good very small school that is preK-12. I'm not sure what to do- try him in private school or go directly to HS? As a former PS teacher, I lean towards trying private school, but I don't know if that's just the teacher in me. Any input?

So hubby's heart was broken again the other day. When we went to visit the ILs (only the 2nd time we've gone), BIL/SIL with triplets came by. It was really a peace offering on their part, so it was cool. I might not agree with their parenting (meat fed to 7 month olds, CIO, etc), but I can be civil and I love to hold babies. Anyway, when BIL came in, MIL literally handed Nora back to hubby to pick up one of the trips (wasn't crying or fussing). The whole rest of the visit was similar -our kids disappeared despite the fact that they only see them once a month. I was seriously : and hubby and I had it out later. I don't want my children growing up to believe they are any less important than other kids/cousins, and I won't stand for it. Kids are incredibly perceptive and it won't take them long to notice they are second fiddle. He agreed completely and was more upset than I was. Between the cold shoulder and my breast getting engorged from so many babies, I think I can look forward to skipping any more visits for a while. Hubby is terribly upset though, and I have no idea what to say. I do believe that "your family sucks" is true, but wrong...
#92 of 114 Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TefferTWH View Post
I am still having terrible pain in my right breast, right behind the nipple. The supply seems to have slowed down to reasonable again. I'm trying to convince hubby that we need to wean her from the paci ASAP, but he wants to wait until we figure out what the heck is wrong on the one side. I think it's reasonable, but K is a paci addict and I'd like to avoid it with Nora.
Teff, maybe it is from using the paci? When does the pain occur? before/after nursing? Perhaps try a different nursing position? It is let down or even a forceful let down?

Birdie- sorry to hear about the complications with Meadow. My thoughts are with you.

BFM- I can't believe you have to move again. That really sucks! How is your thyroid doing? My TSH was 2.91 the other day and I am feeling a bit underactive. I know "technically" it is in normal range, but I feel best when I am around a 1. I think I am going to call to get a higher dosage of Levothyroxine. Right after Christmas, I chopped my hair off. It was driving me nuts, Anders kept grabbing it, it was getting spit up in it.... It was really long and in many ways I like it long, but I think I look better with it short. I told DH to only cut 3 " off but he did way more like above my shoulders. Oh well, it is just hair and it will grow back.

Anders is doing fabulous. 19lbs and 26" long. As soon as Anna's Frontier comes, which should be this week, he is getting her Marathon. He is putting his hands in his mouth a lot and I am praying it is not a sign of teeth coming. A little drool, not much. So far, no ppd. Although, if teeth erupt soon, I might loose it. He is soooo big and I will feel like I don't have a little baby anymore, kwim? I love the gummy smile. Anna's first tooth didn't come until 7 months and from what I read family history comes into play. So it is highly unlikely it is teeth. He is prolly exploring, babies are very oral anyway.

I really want to keep sending Anna to the Waldorf school(dh doesn't quite agree, grrrr). She has absolutely blossomed there. I am so scared of sending her to ps. She will be a very young 5 yo if she goes next sy. I think she will do fine if she goes, but I pray they do not give out homework(I am so against it), hope she gets good outdoor time everyday and it is loving & nuturing. The economy scares the crap out of me. And that is one reason why we would send her to ps. What if dh lost his job, etc. I have always thought of hs, but know I don't know if I could do it. I emailed the principal of the elementary school she would go to, but still not reply. I need to call to set up a meeting. I just keep reminding myself, whatever happens will happen and things will work out fine.

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed this week and not liking it. I am a SAHM(I worked part time when Anna was a babe) and still can not understand why I can not get more achieved in a day. I feel like I don't know what to do with Anders. He is ok in the swing and I only like putting him in there to make meals. Bouncy seat is gone, never liked it as it reclines him too much. He doesn't really like the activity gym either. I brought out the high chair, it is a Peg Perego and reclines and that has been great. Especially when we are eating. We have him at the table with us when one of us doesn't want to hold him. I can wheel him around in the kitchen while making meals, cleaning, etc. Generally speaking, I really do not like using all of those things. He likes to be upright. I would wear him more, but he is so stinking heavy. I am hoping that will change when he has more muscle strength in his torso and it will be easier for me to wear him on my back. The new native is ok for a few minutes. I love the moby, but hate wearing it when he is not in it. I keep the maya wrap in the car. Don't get me wrong, I hold him a lot and have great one on one time, but in some ways, I am looking forward to when he can sit up and "play" with more things. I don't know if any of this makes sense.

Getting an itching for warmer weather. It has been a fairly cold winter here in VT. I love winter, but with a little one I am getting some cabin fever and want to exercise. I have gone mall walking a couple times. I went snowshoeing with Anders in the Moby. That was great, but I think he has a little frost nip on his cheek from one of the many times from being outside.

I love this thread...been lurking a lot. It is great to keep in touch and I enjoy reading about everyone and our babies.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#93 of 114 Old 02-14-2009, 05:40 PM

: Happy Valentine's Day Mamas! :

I hope you all have a lovely day/evening with friends/family and babes

Julie-I hear you about the cabin fever. We've had a run of 30+ degree weather and have been trying to get outside. Most of the snow is gone, but we've been still inside mostly. We have walked a couple times this week which has helped.
Mostly it's been gloomy which is almost worse than the cold.

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#94 of 114 Old 02-14-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
To play the devil's advocate... it's just hair! It will grow back!!

One thing I really liked about breastfeeding even if I had low supply last time: suppressed menstruation. Got my period yesterday I didn't get it back with my first until he was over a year old.
: BUNDLE - I say go for it. I chopped my long hair (mid-back length) to my chin. Actually, I had a pro do it. Made me feel like a million bucks. I had her leave it chin length in the front (so I can clip it back) and stack it really short in the back. I literally wash it and go, soooo much better than taking ten minutes to condition my hair, and it is still falling out like crazy anyway.

Quote:

[...] I am thinking about homeschooling more and more. Any input?
[...]
So hubby's heart was broken again the other day. When we went to visit the ILs (only the 2nd time we've gone), BIL/SIL with triplets came by. It was really a peace offering on their part, so it was cool. I might not agree with their parenting (meat fed to 7 month olds, CIO, etc), but I can be civil and I love to hold babies. Anyway, when BIL came in, MIL literally handed Nora back to hubby to pick up one of the trips (wasn't crying or fussing). The whole rest of the visit was similar -our kids disappeared despite the fact that they only see them once a month. I was seriously : and hubby and I had it out later. I don't want my children growing up to believe they are any less important than other kids/cousins, and I won't stand for it. Kids are incredibly perceptive and it won't take them long to notice they are second fiddle. He agreed completely and was more upset than I was. Between the cold shoulder and my breast getting engorged from so many babies, I think I can look forward to skipping any more visits for a while. Hubby is terribly upset though, and I have no idea what to say. I do believe that "your family sucks" is true, but wrong...
Point one: I was homeschooled k-12 and I LOVED it. No, I didn't love every moment, but it was the best thing for me. When I was 17 I started full-time at the community college in their "duel-enrollment" program, and finished half my AA&S before I graduated HS. I have some good memories of co-op classes, disections at the kitchen table, and math in my PJs. Plus it gave me such a head start on college. I moved at my own pace, and was not pressured to move on to another concept until I had fully mastered the ones before it.

Point two: Have you spoken to your ILs about their behavior? Maybe your MIL doesn't realize how her actions are percieved?

I went to the PX yesterday and got a few tops, so now I have somtehing besides oversized tshirts to wear in public. I love the PX. I got a polo for $10, a few knit shirts for $8 each. And the commissary has milk for $1.68/gal. Being a military wife has some perks, for sure.

PJ is growing like a weed, and DH and I have come to the decision that we're going to call him Jack. Poor little DS's name has been an issue for a while. I don't think the world needs another John, DH's family pitched a fit, I'm tired of explaining why it's "Pj" and not "Jp", and then being ignored. So in the name of peace we settled on Jack. So I'm guessing that Jack is about 18lbs, give or take. We have transitioned to either a joey hold in the Moby or a snuggle hold in the Maya.

TO THOSE WITH TRAUMATIC BIRTHS - Anyone have flashbacks? I've been having these sudden flashbacks, and it's really hard to deal with sometimes. I don't really want to think about it, but then BAM there it is like it was yesterday.

Rockport - I too think a monthly thread is a good idea.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#95 of 114 Old 02-14-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post

I went to the PX yesterday and got a few tops, so now I have somtehing besides oversized tshirts to wear in public. I love the PX. I got a polo for $10, a few knit shirts for $8 each. And the commissary has milk for $1.68/gal. Being a military wife has some perks, for sure.
I loved the PX back in the states. Especially on days when they get stock in and they put the old stuff on sale. I got 10 outfits for my former step-sisters new baby for under 10.00. I wish it was that good over here but its all name brand stuff that sales for like 20 per shirt and 50 per pants.

Ive been shopping at the local classified site for some house stuff. I did end up getting me a new outfit, a skirt and top, for 10 the other day. Monday Im picking up two pairs of jeans and an outfit for Elyse for 5.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#96 of 114 Old 02-14-2009, 08:54 PM

Oh, and this is the third time in three years that DH and I have not only not celebrated Valentine's Day, but also have been separated the whole day. Fist year he was selling cars all day, second year I was a manager at Starbucks and had to close, and this year he's working the night shift. *sigh* I don't believe in the holiday, but still. I'd like us to be more than two weary ships passing in the dusky waters of night.

And Oki, I wish I could find deals like that here! I will keep looking. They have a lot of designer stuff, so I'm having a tough time finding affordable buys. On the other hand their maternity stuff is awsome. I wish I'd gone there while I was pg.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
#97 of 114 Old 02-15-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
TO THOSE WITH TRAUMATIC BIRTHS - Anyone have flashbacks? I've been having these sudden flashbacks, and it's really hard to deal with sometimes. I don't really want to think about it, but then BAM there it is like it was yesterday.
The trauma for me was Charlies breathing problems. And yes, I get flashbacks.

I'm doing my internships for respiratory care at a hospital. RTs don't do L&D at this hospital, nurses, docs, and anesthesia takes care of it. The other day they called a code in a L&D room at the same time they called a code I had to attend. I stood there having a panic attack worrying about that baby that I wasn't paying enough attention to the code. THAT can't keep happening. Thank goodness there has only been 2 codes called to a L&D room since I've been working here, but I've got to keep my mind in MY job, not someone elses, if you know what I mean.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying my "job" (so far they don't pay me, I have to pay for the experience, but it's a great experience). We've worked out a routine, and Charlie seems to be doing ok with it. He sure feels right in my arms at the end of the day, though!

DS#1 has come down with a fever and feeling awful tonight. Not sure what's going on. He finally consented to take some tylenol, which means he feels awful. Hoping Charlie doesn't get it.

Hope you all had a happy Valentines day! Its been a year since I had a period, and 2 weeks away from the anniversary of the day Charlie was conceived. The day my life changed immeasureably! totally off topic, I should have known something changed the day after, I was manicly hyper, and I'm never like that! So glad it happened, I feel so blessed to have the little guy.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#98 of 114 Old 02-16-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgirl View Post
Teff, maybe it is from using the paci? When does the pain occur? before/after nursing? Perhaps try a different nursing position? It is let down or even a forceful let down?

I would wear him more, but he is so stinking heavy. I am hoping that will change when he has more muscle strength in his torso and it will be easier for me to wear him on my back. The new native is ok for a few minutes. I love the moby, but hate wearing it when he is not in it. I keep the maya wrap in the car. Don't get me wrong, I hold him a lot and have great one on one time, but in some ways, I am looking forward to when he can sit up and "play" with more things. I don't know if any of this makes sense.
Well, we gave up and gave her the paci. She was nursing so much that I started to balloon. Since she can't comfort nurse due to my oversupply, she does this binge and purge thing to get the sucking she wants after she's full and my body just goes into overdrive. I was seriously full to near engorgment an hour after she'd nursed, so I knew I was heading back towards whole breast pain. I think that we'll give it the ditch after she starts solids when I will feel safe taking sage to dip my supply.

As for the nipple pain, it's right behind the nipple (whole thing including areola) and it starts when the milk starts flowing. It's not thrush, but I have no idea what it is. Forceful letdown is a possibility, since the affected side is the one that gets engorged easily. Hubby wants me to see the midwife or an LC, but argh, I just don't want to be that mom again. I swear we had the LC and my PCP on speed dial with K, and I KNOW my PCP won't treat me for breast issues this time around (she said jokingly that watching me struglle through nursing gave her PTSD).

Have you considered a woven for wearing him? Most people think that the Moby expires on weight bearing after 15 pounds and Anders is way beyond that! I have a girasol woven, and while Nora's no where near Anders, it's been great for wearing her. What about a mei tai like a Babyhawk?

Quote:
:
Point one: I was homeschooled k-12 and I LOVED it. No, I didn't love every moment, but it was the best thing for me. When I was 17 I started full-time at the community college in their "duel-enrollment" program, and finished half my AA&S before I graduated HS. I have some good memories of co-op classes, disections at the kitchen table, and math in my PJs. Plus it gave me such a head start on college. I moved at my own pace, and was not pressured to move on to another concept until I had fully mastered the ones before it.

Point two: Have you spoken to your ILs about their behavior? Maybe your MIL doesn't realize how her actions are percieved?

PJ is growing like a weed, and DH and I have come to the decision that we're going to call him Jack. Poor little DS's name has been an issue for a while. I don't think the world needs another John, DH's family pitched a fit, I'm tired of explaining why it's "Pj" and not "Jp", and then being ignored. So in the name of peace we settled on Jack. So I'm guessing that Jack is about 18lbs, give or take. We have transitioned to either a joey hold in the Moby or a snuggle hold in the Maya.

I was just invited today to join a weekly homeschool coop. Actually , they would like me to organize since that's my forte. I never considered admin or anything like it when I was a teacher, but it just might suit me. I just am NOT good with kids under 13 in large groups. I love them, but I can't muster the force of will it takes to get a bunch of little kids all on the same page, KWIM? It'll be a traditional Catholic group, so there shouldn't be a ton of mommy wars, which also would have been a turnoff. I'm glad to hear you loved it. If we did homeschool, I would really have to look into how to get athletics into our routine though, since K already wants to play soccer in a league (where he got that idea at 2, I'll never know ).

As for the ILs, hubby thinks a confrontation is pointless. They don't even notice the things they do, and when he finally said something to his sister 2 years ago when we were all on vacation, they ending up screaming at each other and she blamed me for him being mad at her. That fight was positively ridiculous - she spent the whole week making snide comments about me sleeping in (I was waiting to wake at my normal time to temp because we were darn near O time and weren't ready to conceive yet ), K waking her up by singing or playing in the morning, his "messes", etc. The final straw was her making some snide comment about a few blades of grass left in the bathtub. I got up and cleaned it throughly with bleach cleanser (probably the first time that's happened in that cabin in a LONG time), and I had to step over my nephew twice to do it. The latter had thrown crayons all over the floor and was in the process of destroying something while screaming at top volume, but K leaving a few blades of grass in the tub was a crisis moment. Hubby got sick of it, told her to leave us alone, and she wouldn't, so he blew up at her. We left the next day after her raising some high drama (clutching our car door in utter agony that he was leaving mad ), and since then we've laid low. I've never forgotten it (I hold grudges, called me a b*tch once when I don't deserve it and I'll never forget it), and I always watch carefully. Since then the same nephew has repeatedly hit, kicked or hurt K and there are always excuses for his violence and no comfort from them for K. We stopped going around much, and they haven't really noticed. No skin off my back, but I feel bad for hubby since they are his family and that's got to hurt. Today, K thought we were going to ILs and said that he didn't want to go to see them (we were on the way to church at a different parish, but same highway), so I think he's starting already to feel their preferences for other children.

BTW, Jack is a common nickname for John. There are 2 in the ILs!
#99 of 114 Old 02-16-2009, 04:11 PM

Hi, I'm new. Please pardon the lack of personals at this point, the thread is long and I'm still learning everyone. Plus y'all are a little intimidating.

I have a DS (Micah) born Nov 13. From the parts of the thread I've read so far, he fits in exactly with everyone else. He was 8 lb 4 oz at birth, now at least 16.5 lb. Things here are good today, I look forward to connecting with some new people!

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#100 of 114 Old 02-16-2009, 05:55 PM

burnindinner, I dig your username.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#101 of 114 Old 02-16-2009, 11:45 PM

Welcome, Burnindinner!

Hi Jen, how's E?

So how are we doing on weight loss? I'm back to the same size and shape I was after K, maybe a bit smaller. If I could leave the junk food alone, I'd probably start to drift back to the single digits in my pants size!
#102 of 114 Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 AM

E is fine. Currently sharing the cold that my partner gave all of us. We have an assessment tomorrow with the public school district to see if he qualifies for services (at this age, it would be physical therapy in our home). Because he's ahead of the curve for even typically-abled children, he probably won't. He is already rolling over regularly and trying to figure out how to get his knees up underneath him. They'll just want to assess him again in 6 months. *shrug*

I'm kind of jaded with the public schools because I don't want him in a public school, I want him in our Waldorf school.

He's still a featherweight, but eats like a piggy, so I guess it's just who he is to be small, which is no surprise. On the DS charts, he falls right in the middle and he's actually above average for height. Tee hee, considering I'm 5'3" and the donor 5'7". He's finally growing into some 0-3 month clothing and out of newborn stuff. His size 50 wool-silk long-sleeved onesie is actually getting too small - amazing.

He has finally seen outside beyond the little hole in the snuggly cover over his car seat as it got comfortably sort of not quite warm (40s) here a few weekends ago. He loves trees. He stares at them.

Going to bed now because i'm going to be the next to get the cold and, unlike my wife, will probably not have the option of staying in bed for nearly 3 days straight and sleeping it off.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#103 of 114 Old 02-17-2009, 01:31 PM

hi mamas!
how's everybody doing?
Tef - every time i start to think i wish i made more milk so pumping extra would be faster, you remind me of the flip side. has the binky helped lower your supply? i hope so. and pt? when can you start horseback riding again?

oki - that's awesome dh came back early! did you get your decorating finished in time?

burnindinner - welcome! i second the cool screen name comment.

jen - hope you're feeling better soon. it stinks when the caregiver for everyone else gets sick. who takes care of you?

everything is okay here. i went swimming with a friend yesterday and it felt great! i wore my bikini. the weight loss is okay, but the tummy skin is still a little loose for my tastes. i was uncomfortably aware of how out of shape i am, though. no endurance! i got lapped by a man in his 60's and a smoker...how sad!

court went well, i guess. they dropped the case since what they were doing was illegal. but we actually wanted to go forward to challenge the legal rent. so we'll just have to wait for their next jerky action and file a harassment claim. i think our rent should be between $300-700 cheaper a month. since i've been effectively laid off and dh isn't getting much work, that money would really come in handy.

dylan is pretty fat, though his belly is really toned. all that kicking. i'm probably just obsessing, but it feels like his left bottom rip flares ever so slightly outward. i need to have him checked out anyway, so off to the doc we go as soon as i can get through to make an appt. we're putting off vaxing indefinitely, so the doc's gonna give me the frowns. but she's fairly open, can't complain too much.

i'm off to enjoy being a SAHM while i can. have to return to some sort of work in a few weeks while dh stays home

Liz, wife to John, mom to Dylan and my giant slug zocha :
#104 of 114 Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Teff, I was thinking of you at 5:30am this morning. I can't help it, I am a LLL leader and just want to help. Tell me to back off though if you want. Have you tried hand expressing or pumping before Nora latches on? It might ease the pain of the letdown. How is your PCP? Is s/he knowledgable about bf issues? I have yet to meet a Dr. who knows a lot about bf issues. I feel if you have an issue, go to an IBCLC. They are the cream of the crop and can best advise you on what to do. I just hate hearing that nursing isn't going well and want you to feel better. Also, keep in the mind the base shape of a paci is much narrower than your nipple and areola. Your baby needs to suck differently to keep it in mouth. And your right breast might be more sensitive than your left. HTH!

So, kinda bummed Anna's car seat will not be here when the online store said it would be. I am heading to my folks with the kids on Friday for about a week and was really hoping to have it for the trip. It might arrive on Saturday. I guess I could always wait, but my plan was to pick up Anna from school and get on the road. Oh well.

What is everyone's theory with cradle cap and eczema? Do any of you think it is a food allergy or intelorance/sensitivity? I posted on the Allergy forum, and one response. They said do a food journal and possible ed. Start with dairy or gluten. Anders has cc and a very dry forehead(like sandpaper). I am quite certain he has DH's skin as he has dry patches of skin on face. The cc is more flaky than oily, scaley. The thought of a ED really bums me out(I LOVE dairy and gluten!), but I will do it if needed.

GTG make dinner.

Mindfully parenting DD 8/04 & DS 11/08, Human beings are the only mammals who do not nurse their offspring to full term.
#105 of 114 Old 02-18-2009, 11:12 AM

Burnindinner (nice sn) - I think that is our cue to start a new thread. When this one becomes long enough to be intimidating, it's time for a change. Let's make the kitchen table a monthly, whoever thinks of it first posts it?

#106 of 114 Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 PM

Hi,

I think I posted in this DDC a while back but never really did any chatting. Now I'd like to try to join again.

My DD was born at the end of Nov 08 and time is flyyyyying. The "baby blob" has been replaced by a kicking, talking, ball of energy - I love it!

I recently (as in yesterday) made the big decision to stay out of work much longer than I thought I would. I am so lucky to have the option, and as much as this might set us back a bit (if I went back to work we could afford to move to a bigger house, pay off debt, etc) I really feel so good about the decision.

I'm already thinking about what we would do if we had another one - crazy!
#107 of 114 Old 02-18-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
Hi, I'm new. Please pardon the lack of personals at this point, the thread is long and I'm still learning everyone. Plus y'all are a little intimidating.
If your intimidated because all the ladies here are so knowledgable, holistic, and fearless, then me too. I have learned SO MUCH and have opened my mind and heart to so many new things by being a member here, its fantastic! And met some really great people!:::
#108 of 114 Old 02-18-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
burnindinner, I dig your username.
Thanks I picked it originally because I feel like I'm doing so much at once something gets forgotten...

Quote:
So how are we doing on weight loss? I'm back to the same size and shape I was after K, maybe a bit smaller.
I am still maybe 15-20 pounds heavier than pre-preg. I can fit in my jeans though, so I am not sure where the weight hides (oh yeah, my boobs...). I'm ready to start running again, so I know it will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin View Post
I'm already thinking about what we would do if we had another one - crazy!
Me too! Probably a little early though. My DH is working full time and going to school part time. I think he might pass out if I said I was ready already for the next one.

Today we're trying to figure out a routine. I never know how much he needs to sleep and how much is too much. We have gotten groceries and gone swimming today. Now he is passed out sleeping. I am going to try to get some laundry done and pick up a little around the house.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#109 of 114 Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM

ok, I just got the weirdest feeling seeing our DDC in the pregnancy archives. Somewhat nastalgic, sad, and excited all at the same time. Is it hormonal?
#110 of 114 Old 03-22-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
ok, I just got the weirdest feeling seeing our DDC in the pregnancy archives. Somewhat nastalgic, sad, and excited all at the same time. Is it hormonal?
I agree!

We are doing ok here. DS is HUGE! At 4 months he is 21lbs 4oz and 27-1/2" long. I have lipase and so thankful that I am not working. I would hate to have to pump and scald my milk. I am hoping to stay a SAHM, but that could change. DH's company is having lay offs this week. Praying hard that he doesn't get let go.

PPD has reared its ugly head about a month ago. I was doing extremely well too. I am having a hard time with DS's afterbirth trauma. I am in therapy and of course uncovered a couple other issues(like feeling alone, very alone). I just want to get back to where I was before. I was really happy, the happiest in years. I never finished my placenta pills, so I am taking that, Omega 3's(fish oil), trying to get some exercise, etc.

I hope everyone is doing well. GTG

#111 of 114 Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Oh wow i felt the same way! I told DH I missed the pregnancy and childbirth experience and he gaped at me and said, "Are we talking about two different realities?"

Little Zonnie weighed in at 17lbs at 3 months. Now at 4.5 months she weighs 18lbs, which is definitely slower than when she started out. She makes up for the weight in length, measuring at 28.5 inches long.

We're still working on crawling. She can get up on all fours, but can't control her movements. She prefers army crawling. Today she said her uncle's name and said uncle has been trying to get her to say it again all day long lol.

It's getting hard to find clothes that fit her correctly. She wears 12-18 month bottoms for the length, but the waist is huge. And she needs 6-12 month tops, but the sleeves are a bit long. Her head is only 18 inches in diameter, but it's an oblong shape and she can only wear 12-24 month sizes. I knew that head (like her father's) was going to be trouble in the birth canal, but I forgot about clothing in general haha.

Sadly, I appear to be stalled in the weight loss department. The fat appears to have shifted around on my body so I dropped two more sizes, but the number remains the same. A month ago I was very motivated to join a mommy and me exercise class, but I can't handle the schedule plus school times.

Our BF relationship is still going strong. She pats each one before going to bed. Although in the last week she has started to experiment with biting. I made the mistake of yelping and now she thinks it's a game.

Also, wondering if any other mommas experienced this...2 weeks ago, DD randomly moved her bedtime back almost 2 hours. It used to be that she would take a half hour nap from 9 to 9:30, then fall asleep somewhere around 11:30 to midnight. She is now falling asleep around 9:45-10pm ish. Of course, this means she wakes up at 7am on the dot! So much for sleeping in! I've gone over everything and can't find a reason for her doing this.

Thanks for starting this thread! I love reading about everyone and hope everyone is enjoying baby time!

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#112 of 114 Old 03-22-2009, 10:13 PM

#113 of 114 Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM

Here's the latest version of our DDC thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1055035

Claddaghmom ~ Zonnie is adorable! And your birth story is amazing!!! I can't believe they let you go from the hospital! That's great. I was pretty bummed that I had to transfer from our planned homebirth - my water was broken for "too long" (20 hours) so my midwife transferred me. It still seems totally unreasonable, but that's life eh? Anyway, I'm really glad it worked out for you :

How are the rest of you mamas? We're doing pretty well here. Just waiting on test results. We are working with a vision therapist and a developmental specialist every week, and Meadow is doing great : She is still small, but she's on track developmentally, so I'm not worrying (much). It's so fun to watch her make new discoveries every day. And she's so darn cute and such a little cuddlebug!

Hope all is well with you!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#114 of 114 Old 03-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Hi Mamas,
Glad to see everyone is doing well! I know it's a bit late, but Nerdy- I looove the name Jack! Also, about the traumatic birth: While it is not a consuming 'in my thoughts all the time' kind of thing, the short answer is Yes I have very, very vivid flashbacks/memories followed by bouts of a profound sense of loss. I don't really have anyone to talk to about it...DH is great but I have this *feeling* that he heard his fill of it, lol. I feel like crying everytime I think about my C-section and being all alone at the hospital, and my midwife/friend NEVER checking back with me, never doing a postpoartum, no phone call-like I was a leper. It was also pretty rough with the DDC, felt kind of excluded once the c/s happened, like I didn't quite fit in anymore, I dunno....

Claddagh-Zonnie is gorgeous!
Birdie-Am I crazy or was there a link somewhere to ADORABLE pics of Medaow with her glasses?
Barbie-I was feeling pretty bummed when I saw they had shelved our DDC too, mama...but then again, I have baby fever (I am completely crazy, I know, lol)

Well Pen is getting more gorgeous every day I can't believe she's going to be 5 months in April!?!?! Where does the time go? Em will be 2 in May and that too seems incredible! Things are pretty good here, mamas, hope the same goes for all of you.

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page