Teething - upper central and lateral incisors - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-25-2009, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is clearly teething. He has his lower central incisors. Now we can feel an upper lateral incisor cutting through, but not the central or opposite upper lateral incisors. I am reading that it is generally the central incisors that come first. So my question is - is it possible that he is either a) just cutting his laterals first instead, or b) about to cut 4 teeth in one shot?

Wasn't sure where to post this to reach the right audience - sorry if it's in the wrong place!

Lisa treehugger.gif married to DH bikenew.gifsince Aug 07 & mom to DS1 blahblah.gif  born May 08 and DS2 babyboy.gif born Nov 10 homebirth.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 PM

ds started getting his left lateral incisor at Thanksgiving. I thought at least the two central ones would be very soon in coming but they weren't. We did not see anymore teething until just before Christmas, when he began getting the left central with the right central and now the right lateral following in close succession.

So he might have a lopsided grin for awhile It's totally normal as far as I know :

And for what its worth the teething was much worse (painful) with his uppers.

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
#3 of 4 Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I look forward to my DS' lopsided smile!!

Looks like I might have posted in the wrong forum after all! I thought I might get a few more replies

Lisa treehugger.gif married to DH bikenew.gifsince Aug 07 & mom to DS1 blahblah.gif  born May 08 and DS2 babyboy.gif born Nov 10 homebirth.jpg
#4 of 4 Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM

Both my DS's get teeth in bunches.

Most recently, DS2 popped 4 teeth between Christmas and new years and has 2 more since. First were the bottom two, then the upper right central incisor then the upper right lateral and most recently the upper left two.
But for a week there, he had a lopsided smile.

I wouldn't worry about the order they come in, they all poke through eventually!

DS1 didn't follow the charts too well with the majority of his. The only ones that have been on schedule and in order are his 2yr molars.

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

User Tag List