October '08 Mommies ~ Lovin February - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies! Woke up to find our DDC closed. I got the last word in

Our old LWAB thread is here. Since it's the last day of January, I made the February thread. Let's have an awesome month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 12:05 PM

Thanks so much for starting a new thread.
#3 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 12:06 PM

I feel like I'm cheating, posting on the Feb thread in Jan.

And Jenn, I must admit, I am as curious/nosey as you are. :

Me: married to my :fireman Mama to my littles: Toby 8/04 and Elina 10/08
#4 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 12:09 PM

Hello everone. I didnt post on the other Oct 08 thread because it was to much to catch up on

How big are your little ones? Jack was at the DR at 3 months he was 16lbs 26 1/2 inches.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#5 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 PM

Bryson, by our measurements, is in the mid-15 pound range and is 25 1/2 inches. He's 3 months and 12 days.
#6 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerieshadow View Post
I feel like I'm cheating, posting on the Feb thread in Jan.

And Jenn, I must admit, I am as curious/nosey as you are. :
: Cheating is fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
How big are your little ones? Jack was at the DR at 3 months he was 16lbs 26 1/2 inches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audsma View Post
Bryson, by our measurements, is in the mid-15 pound range and is 25 1/2 inches. He's 3 months and 12 days.
Big boys!
#7 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 01:05 PM

Hi guys! Happy almost February!

Nora is 16 lbs and 26 inches. She's 3 months and 4 weeks. I can't believe she'll be 4 months old in 2 days. Where has the time GONE?!?

Happy Birthday, Jaclyn! : I hope you have a great day!

Funny, I can still get to our DDC by my old bookmark in my browser. Nothing is "locked" yet, though I don't want to post there anymore. I feel like it's time to move on. I'm glad we had the warning and a few days to get used to the idea, and we all shifted gears and came over here.

I'm so sad reading about another woman battling a positive NBMS for galactosemia in BF'ing Challenges. If you haven't seen her thread, please head over and offer her support. It is so terrible to lose a bf'ing relationship so soon after giving birth, and to not know if you will get it back. Thanks, Jenn, for giving me the heads up about it.

Nora's napping in her swing so I think I'm going to try to grab a shower. I'll be back later! Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#8 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Hi guys! Happy almost February!

Nora is 16 lbs and 26 inches. She's 3 months and 4 weeks. I can't believe she'll be 4 months old in 2 days. Where has the time GONE?!?

Happy Birthday, Jaclyn! : I hope you have a great day!

Funny, I can still get to our DDC by my old bookmark in my browser. Nothing is "locked" yet, though I don't want to post there anymore. I feel like it's time to move on. I'm glad we had the warning and a few days to get used to the idea, and we all shifted gears and came over here.

I'm so sad reading about another woman battling a positive NBMS for galactosemia in BF'ing Challenges. If you haven't seen her thread, please head over and offer her support. It is so terrible to lose a bf'ing relationship so soon after giving birth, and to not know if you will get it back. Thanks, Jenn, for giving me the heads up about it.

Nora's napping in her swing so I think I'm going to try to grab a shower. I'll be back later! Have a great Saturday, everyone!
The threads in our DDC aren't locked yet, but it's not possible to reply or start a new thread anymore.

I'm glad you replied to that mom's thread. You've got a lot of lovin to give

I forgot to post that Hazel is 15 pounds 7 ounces as of Wednesday and she is 3 months, 1 week today.
#9 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 PM

Oh yeah.. Samuel is 14lbs at his 4 month check-up yesterday.. an 25 inches long.

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#10 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

That's exactly what our FB page is for.
#11 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ladies, please keep it to Facebook and off MDC. As I said in the last thread, any questions or concerns need to be brought via PM, in keeping with the User Agreement.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#12 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 03:32 PM

Hi everyone! I couldn't keep up with January's thread either! I am going to try and post and read in Feb.
It has been nice getting to know many of you on FB.

I'm confused and want to respect what the oderator is asking... what do we have to keep on Facebook and off of here? Can we have a monthly thread? Confused.

Miles is about 16 pounds at 16 weeks.
#13 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 03:37 PM

Please keep the discussion about what was removed from the last thread to FB, if you need to discuss it.

And again, if you have questions or concerns, please PM ME and do not continue to discuss them on the thread, as it may result in your thread being removed. Thank you.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#14 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 03:37 PM

subbing! i have a teething monster on my hands so no time to type much!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#15 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone! I came down with a mild case of mastitis last night. So, far my fever hasn't gotten past 100, so I am hoping to avoid the antibiotics. But this sucks, I feel like poo poo.

Jessi wife of mama to Lil D (10/08)
#16 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 06:28 PM

Oh no! Not mastitis! Feel better, sweetie. FWIW, I keep a bottle of poke root on hand for any soreness or feverish symptoms. It works so fast, and I will avoid abx until I'm done nursing. Thrush was too much for me to handle!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#17 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 PM

Where did you find it? I called one HFS and they told me that it was poison, and they doubted I could find it anywhere in NC,and that it should only be used with supervision...Ugh, I can look up how to use it, thanks. And I am sure that I could find it somewhere here.

Oh yeah, and we are still battling thrush, so I REALLY want to avoid antibiotics.

#18 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 07:40 PM

I had to order it! This is where I ordered from, I truly recommend this site. The owner even included a handwritten note about treating mastitis and other herbal tinctures they carry for nursing moms. I did express shipping which was definitely worth it.

#19 of 331 Old 01-31-2009, 11:18 PM

ezra is 3mos 2days: weighs 13lbs10oz and is 24.5" long. but he has a super-long torso so we are in 6-9mos clothes. what size clothes are your babes wearing?

also, what does 'subbing' mean in a thread?
#20 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 12:35 AM

Hey mamas! Thanks for starting the new thread, Jenn! I'm posting from work and just had to get on to see what y'all have been up to today.

Jess So sorry you have mastitis, mama. I've had it 3x in my nursing career and know its not fun. Rest as much as you can and nurse that little man as much as he is willing. If there's anything you need I'd be happy to bring you whatever...seriously, if you want me to check WSM for poke root or call some local herbalists just LMK. Feel better!!

Iris had a wbv yesterday (strange cause I never did any well baby stuff with my other babes) and she's still a little peanut...only 10.27 lbs. She long though...25.5 inches. The FNP wasn't worried (I'm not either) b/c she's meeting all her developmental milestones, her output is good, and when this kid nurses milk literally spills out of her mouth. She's just petite like her mama. I was just so pissed that we were even having a conversation about her growth curve on the CDC charts.: I do love our provider though cause she was one of my clinical preceptors and doesn't hound us about non-vax'ing. Its just hard for me to believe that Iris is just now breaking 10 lbs and one of her big brothers was 10 lbs at birth!

Well, I better get back to work.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#21 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 03:35 AM

Mady is a serious peanut - just breaking 9 lbs - and we're in 0-3M clothes. We have a ped appointment next week, but honestly, I think her slow growth is my fault. I think the nipple shields just didn't get enough BM into her. Because ever since we stopped using them (about two weeks), she seems to be filling out more, and there's been a big increase in her poops and it even looks more like BF poop. And I *never* thought I would care what my baby's poops look like! I feel just terrible, and I'm worried I've permanently stunted her growth.
#22 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 AM

Jennifier I seriously doubt she is 'permanently stunted' babies grow in spurts anyway, so she'll probably have fast and slow periods throughout her life. (((hugs))) don't beat yourself up over it.... you did the best you could !

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#23 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 10:21 AM

Thank you so much for offering help Ashley, and thanks for the link, Carrie. I am feeling so much better today. So, crisis avoided! I am so relieved. No antibiotics, yay! I think I will order the poke root tincture to have on hand for next time.

#24 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 10:56 AM

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

AAUs - Nora is in 6 or 9 month clothes. Does anyone else have carter's clothes in 9 month size out yet? All the tags are sewn into the front of the pants and the elastic is in the front. At first I thought they were all errors, but now that I'm seeing it over and over, I'm confused. I have no idea why the pants are this way. It makes putting them on so difficult! I want to flip them all around backwards. If they didn't have butt pockets, I would. :

Jen - I, too, seriously doubt you stunted Mady's growth. Are you off the shields now? She will grow at her own pace, she isn't and was never starving. Don't blame yourself b/c you did what you needed to do. Who knows, if you hadn't used the shields, would you have been able to ebf? So don't worry, and don't beat yourself up. I'm sure she is just fine.

#25 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Jen - I, too, seriously doubt you stunted Mady's growth. Are you off the shields now? She will grow at her own pace, she isn't and was never starving. Don't blame yourself b/c you did what you needed to do. Who knows, if you hadn't used the shields, would you have been able to ebf? So don't worry, and don't beat yourself up. I'm sure she is just fine.
Yes, we're completely off the shields, TG! There's no way I would have been able to BF without the shields. She wouldn't even take the breast and I had to pump and supplement for two weeks until she even took the shield. But then weaning her from them took much longer than I'd anticipated. I'm glad we're off them and BFing is SO much easier without them, I guess it's just a good ol' case of mama-guilt.

Not sure what to think about the Carter's pants, though I looked at what we have, and all the tags are in the back, but elastic all around. A couple have pockets, but they're actually on the front. Sewing-wise though, I've never seen a pattern use elastic in the front but flat in the back. Can you take a picture of the pants? Maybe that would help figure it out...
#26 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM

Maybe they are errors!? How funny would that be?

Here are the pants. You can see how the tags are on the opposite side of the pockets, and the side the pockets are on the band is flat.

Pants!

I almost put them on her with the pockets in the front, b/c it was bothering me SO much.

And here is a photo of the flat back band.

Seriously, this is bugging me so let me know what you think. Thank you!!!

#27 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 01:19 PM

Zanthias is a whopping 23 lbs. Not sure on length, we have his 4 month wbv on the 13th. He's a huge one.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#28 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 PM

I think the pockets are supposed to go in the front. Are they a little roomier in the other side for the bum?

#29 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

AAUs - Nora is in 6 or 9 month clothes. Does anyone else have carter's clothes in 9 month size out yet?

Lars Oskar is 18.5 lbs now and is in 9 month clothing - there are a couple of outfits he wears that are 12-18 months. I think sizing is a little wonky if you ask me.

Mother to L.O. born at home 10.17.08 EDD for #2 4.21.2011
#30 of 331 Old 02-01-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe they are errors!? How funny would that be?

Here are the pants. You can see how the tags are on the opposite side of the pockets, and the side the pockets are on the band is flat.

Pants!

I almost put them on her with the pockets in the front, b/c it was bothering me SO much.

And here is a photo of the flat back band.

Seriously, this is bugging me so let me know what you think. Thank you!!!
Yep, I think the pockets belong in the front.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page