Feb '08 - is it really Feb '09 already? - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Birthday to Trixie too!!: Sorry I missed you earlier!!

Steph, the outfit sounds adorable! Can't wait to see it.

baby crying...gotta run
#302 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 AM

Happy Birthday Trixie and Robin ::

I am glad that fasching is over (mardi gras here) My ds and dh were out partying for 5 days pretty much straight. That is what they do here. I went to some parades with Ashlee and a kids party. She loved it. There were so many kids there.
#303 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM

Happy Birthday, Robin & Trixie! :

I want to go back to sleep today. I'm feeling awful and lazy. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#304 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Y'all have firmly convinced me (not that i needed much convincing!) to forgo the Chicken Pox vax. I got them when i was 25, and had 7 pox & a mild fever for about an hour. I know that i got lucky and that was probably the exception, but man, your stories are enough to keep R away from that Pox needle! Until she's a bit older, at least...
#305 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM

We also skipped the pox yesterday at Molly's appt.

Who was asking about baby sizes at 1 yr? Gena, were you talking about one of your girls being smaller?
Yesterday, at Molly's WBV for 1 yr, she weighed in at a whopping 19 pounds! But I LOVE my ped, and he statement was, "Well, breastfed babies are often a little slower with weight gain at this age. She looks healthy and happy to me and is clearly growing, so I wouldn't worry about it!" I LOVE this guy!

She was 18 pounds, 3 oz, at her 9 mo checkup (which is around 50% for that age), so when the nurse told me she was only 19 at this point (which dropped her to the 25% range), I wondered what he would say. But she has learned to crawl only recently (10.5 mos) so I knew she had just recently started burning a lot of extra calories, and she is getting longer, so I was so glad that he was great about it.

How are your babies eating? Molly still eats like a bird. She nurses a lot at night still, and I think that until we night-wean her, she just isn't going to have much of a daytime appetite for food. Anyone else in this same boat?
#306 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yup, Emily, it was me with the small babes. Belle seems like a bruiser at nearly 21 lbs. Izzy was 18.5 at her 1 yr WBV. Like Molly, she's a light eater, almost suspicious of food. She loves her breast milk, and will accept some fruits and cottage cheese, but heaven forbid there be meat offered! And she's really active, so when her diaper's off, there's nothing to her. Such a petite little thing.

Glad your pedi was so cool about it. Right on, we've got healthy, beautiful babes who we're happy to be still BFing! Glad our doctors see that as a good thing!

Mine finally called me back about the vac issue this morning. Seems like there was an office snafu. He got the message last night but couldn't get through to me. So he's out of the doghouse, but his staff aren't. : Good thing he's so cute . . .

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#307 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 PM

Happy Birthdays All Around!!!

Ooh, the chicken pox vax never made any sense to me. We were considering doing it only because Mr Toona has never had it. But the more we talk about it, the more I realize he's been exposed but never had it (siblings). So maybe he's one of those lucky ducks who didn't get it.

This week I've officially been pump-free! Oh my does it feel nice not to have to bring all that stuff. DD's doing well on her one bottle o' frozen milk, and nursing as well as always when home. She is a little eater too. Her favorite foods are the green ones, followed closely by cheeses. Actually she LOVES peas, but will pass those up for asparagus. Let's hope this trend continues.

I've been having problems with her scratching. It's either when she's excited about somethign (we're playing and being goofy) or she's mad at me (for taking her away from the heater after she's dropped things in it) and she scratches my face with a mean little "yyyrrp." She sometimes will scratch me and then say "ow" like she's telling me my line. But really I have scabs all over my face. The other morning we were in bed, I was holding her (just a bit over the bed) and she scratched, but she scratched some scabs open and I reflexively let go of her (it hurt) and kind of yelled at her "do not scratch!" Ugh I'm not sure how to reroute this. I personally feel compelled to movement when angry or excited about something, so I"m guess this is her version. But I am tired of getting scratched. She hasn't scratched Mr Toona at all. I need some ideas, this girl is drawing blood.

And one year ago today, we started her eviction process at 42w 1d (note that she wasn't born until the 27). My MW did the strip the membranes and then I drank that fateful bit of castor oil. YUCKOLAH.

signature currently in transition
#308 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 PM

Cut her nails. We pounce on the kids every week or so and do it.

#309 of 343 Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM

eek, teeny, that sounds naaaaaaasty. i agree with rynna, nail-cutting is half the battle right there. mia's nails get crazy sharp in only a few days, and since she loves to feel our faces (and squeeze them), so unless her nails are supershort, ouch. but scratching! yeek! good luck trying to reroute...sorry i have no practical advice...

mia is in the same boat as belle & molly as far as food. though tonight, she was next to me as i opened the fridge, and she leaned in and grabbed a whole avocado & started trying to bite it, so i peeled off half the skin (peel) and she held it like an apple while gleefully gnawing off chunks of it for about 10 minutes - it was really funny to watch. i think she was really enjoying the texture of it. (plus she loves feeding herself, when she does eat, so this was fun for her i think.) i think it was more about fun and experience and exploration than about hunger. generally, she doesn't express much interest in what we are eating, or what i offer to her. moreso as she gets older, a little bit at a time, but she's still a bigtime nurser. and she's pretty slender, because she is walking everywhere and constantly moving, so i am guessing her weight percentile will be fairly low at her one-year-visit (but our pedi will be cool with it i am sure).

meanwhile, here is the outfit that i dressed mia in yesterday that i loved so much!
#310 of 343 Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 AM
Dea

Hellloooo!
So I've totally been a bad MDCer this month.
I'm sorry, and its the birthday month. I''m a bad bad person.
Anyhow, thank you for the Trixie loves! She loves you all, she told me.
And also YAY for Robin's birthday! 02-24 is a good day, eh?

So my dear sweet little baby keeps getting sweeter. I taught her to blow kisses and now she does when I say, blow mama (or whomever) kisses, and melting my heart more, she sometimes just blows them to me, or will toddle over to give me a real kiss then go back to what ever she was doing. So precious.
Oh also she's can sign thank you, water and eat. Funny how they all look like blowing kisses, but she uses them in context.

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#311 of 343 Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 AM

River can SAY kiss before he lunges in to give you one. So sweet.

I'm starting to wonder what I've let myself in for here. He's figured out that if he pushes the kitchen chair ahead of him when he walks, then he can climb onto the kitchen table The same principle works in the living room and will let him get onto the piano and soon, he will figure out that he can move the chair in the opposite direction in the kitchen and that will let him get onto the kitchen worksurfaces and then he can break all of my crockery. There is no baby gate on the market that will exclude him from the kitchen but still let my FIL in, I've looked. Any bright ideas?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#312 of 343 Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Happy Birthday to all the birthday Babies

Ms. Rynna- You have mail (literally and electronically)

I'm sick...again! Strep throat yay rah....Had my teeth cleaned this morning and all of my teeth hurt now, which in turn makes my head hurt.

I've lost 5 lbs since I was at the dr. in Jan....so that was good. Not great but not horrible.

I really just don't know what to do with myself. I'm exhausted and depressed and there's really nothing I can do about it.

Our car has decided to take a crap dive. $1200 to fix everything....of course we don't have that kind of money...

Michael and I have been fighting...pretty much we can't afford to do anything for our anniversary. Same thing that happens every Holiday. There has only been one time in our time together that he's ever gotten me a gift that he put thought into and that was the Valentines Day before we got married. He sent me a necklace with a charm in the shape of a heart that said I love you. Thats it....I've had one decent birthday in 4 years and that was just this past August. I think we went out to dinner. We have no money to spend on something special like our Anniversary, but we had $678+ tax for his 42 in LCD TV that he couldn't live without. That doesn't include all the special HD equipment he needed to hook it up ($60+ for cables and hook ups) or the wall mounting kit that cost $120. I told him to sell the Wii because he said I spend too much time on it (My game says I've played 70 hours but I explained to him that many nights I forget to turn the system off and my game just stays paused so the timer keeps running. So if I've done that 5-6 times at 8 hours at night (estimating) then thats where the bulk of the game play has gone.) I don't see the use in keeping something if me using it is going to cause a fight and me not using it would cause one as well.

Somedays I really just don't want to be me.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#313 of 343 Old 02-26-2009, 06:42 PM

OH!!! sarahn4639, thank you so much!!! I got my HUGE box of Mother's Milk tea yesterday (they didn't knock on my door on Tuesday or I would have gotten it the day before) and I appreciate it so much!

The mites are back and so is my foul mood, but I have enough presence of mind this time around to order some sulfur onlne (2-3 day shipping) and go for the tried and true, safe but smelly, may-ruin-all-my-clothes-so-I'll-just-buy-new-ones route.

Yea, I know this is America and I don't need to do that if I'll just discontinue breastfeeding. Nobody wants to see me suffer the psychological trauma of a stained sofa.

Anyway, I'll spare everyone the second round of bitchfest and just tell Emily what a spectacular 100th post that was.

I'll be back when I can play nicely with others.
#314 of 343 Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM

Thanks Sarah Lynne! : I'll get into my inbox inna minute.

I posted interviews with the kids on Facebook. I think it was Raina's that had me snarfing, though. I need to snag BooBah for one.

Ah, the "we have no money for our anniversary, buy me a TV" thing. Meh. Women in general and mothers in particular feel guilty for standing up and asking for things we need... so in your position, Sarah Lynne, I'd flat out tell the man what's what. "I need you to recognize me as a full partner in this relationship. I need you to spend time with me." Yadda yadda, you know the drill I'm sure. In our house, it's usually me who wants the thing, whatever it may be, and Mike was always looking for an excuse not to pay attention to things like anniversaries anyway. Vday passed entirely unremarked. I didn't mind. What I mind is entirely different, and entirely irrespective of Mike or money (incredibly enough). So-- if I officially out myself as a polyamorist, is this thread going to implode? The way I see it, Chaos Magick is weirder...

Bear is (keynahara!!!!) looking & acting very healthy. I'm hoping to get pictures of him on Saturday or Sunday. :

#315 of 343 Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 PM

Rynna- We did nothing for V-day either. It was supposed to be because we were doing something big for our anniversary.

We did talk about it and we're gonna rent some bikes and go for a long ride together and then a fancy get-dressed-to-the-nines-dinner and stay in a nice but cheap hotel for the night. We might go horseback riding the day after.

That plan isnt set in stone yet, but its the most likely plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Thanks Sarah Lynne! : I'll get into my inbox inna minute.

I posted interviews with the kids on Facebook. I think it was Raina's that had me snarfing, though. I need to snag BooBah for one.

Ah, the "we have no money for our anniversary, buy me a TV" thing. Meh. Women in general and mothers in particular feel guilty for standing up and asking for things we need... so in your position, Sarah Lynne, I'd flat out tell the man what's what. "I need you to recognize me as a full partner in this relationship. I need you to spend time with me." Yadda yadda, you know the drill I'm sure. In our house, it's usually me who wants the thing, whatever it may be, and Mike was always looking for an excuse not to pay attention to things like anniversaries anyway. Vday passed entirely unremarked. I didn't mind. What I mind is entirely different, and entirely irrespective of Mike or money (incredibly enough). So-- if I officially out myself as a polyamorist, is this thread going to implode? The way I see it, Chaos Magick is weirder...

Bear is (keynahara!!!!) looking & acting very healthy. I'm hoping to get pictures of him on Saturday or Sunday. :

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#316 of 343 Old 02-26-2009, 11:52 PM

Happy birthday to all...

I was just wondering if anyone discussed moving to the toddler board?

I just want to know where i can stalk all of you.

Allyn birthmom to S 3/12/03, placed in open adoption 4/06, married to W 6/22/07, mama to H 2/5/08, mama to M 8/26/12.
#317 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Steph and Gena, so glad that I am not alone in the "eats like a bird" category!

Helen and Dea: love the kissy stories! Molly is just really becoming a kisser, but not as full blown as your two yet!

Sarah Lynne: , glad that something, at least, is going to work out for your anniversary!

Rynna: so glad that Bear is feeling well!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Allyn: I'm glad that we have stuck around for at least this full month, and maybe next one, too. Some birthdays aren't until early March, and since Molly isn't even walking yet, I am not ready to let go of baby and pick up "toddler". But I will move when everyone else moves for sure, so anytime actually works for me, honestly.
#318 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 02:48 AM

okay mamas, so i got behind and then when i went to post i had like 5,000 quotes and frankly, it's just too much.

i will say, that was an AMAZING 1000 post that had me in tears.

happy birthday trixie and robin!!

as for me, i have a spot on my arm that pretty much has me terrified. i noticed it about two weeks ago and just thought ir was a weird scratch or something, so i have been watching it and within the last day or so it's gotten much bigger across. so, i'm calling the dermatologist tomorrow to see if they can get me in for an emergency visit asap. i have very fair skin and i did my fair share of "tanning" which was really burning when i was younger.

i have read that the earlier you catch it the better your chances are, i'm just really really afraid that it's going to be bad and i'm going to leave my babies without a mama.

okay, i'm thinking positive thoughts and calling first thing in the morning.

sorry to be so self-absorbed....

eh. who needs a signature?
#319 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Dea

Emily, I loved your 1000th post!
Sarah I'm glad that you liked it! Trixie adores puzzles too! And want to know something funny! She got the same puzzle for her birthday from her cousin! HA!
Carrie, I love the gift you sent for Trixie, and I especially love the balm you made! It smells so pretty, like lime and lavender! Both my favourites! So yummy I just want to sniff it... now I want to learn how you made it, is there a website?

So I am having another birthday party for Trixie this weekend, and i am a little stressed ack!

She had her 1 year well baby check up today and she's healthy healthy healthy. (duh!) She's 20 lbs, 30 inches and has an 18 inch head. (this is the reason I go to these) We did another needle, I only do one each visit and she cried. She's never cried. Damn!

So for a little diversion, how do you decorate your walls?

Also Rynna, polyamory, tell tell!!!

Deadra, Wife to Adam , Mama to Beatrix (02/08), Hudson (01/10), and Mazarine (12/13)
#320 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 AM

PlayaMama I have a spot too. I have been to the dermatologist it it feels like sandpaper and is growing like crazy. The Dr. said it is nothing just a scratch. This morning I noticed my spot has doubled in size since I have seen him and I think that I need to go back. I use to lay in the sun all the time. I hope yours is nothing. Thanks for bringing this up. I am going to make an appointment now at a different derm...

NOSsorry about the mites mama

Mommy2Austin
my dh does not put much thought into gifts either. That is just the way he is. Men

Hellen How sweet! You should get a video of him doing that
#321 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 AM

Sarah, I agree with Rynna, sit down with that man and lay it all out there. He should be investing more time in his sweetheart.

Helen, oooh boy a climber!! DSD-7 was that way. Into and onto everything. If nothing else it keeps you on your toes.

Emily, I agree with everyone else that you had an amazing post. Teary eyes here.

Rynna, SOOO good to hear Bear's feeling healthy! That poor fellow's had a rough go.

Steph, can't wait to see your little one - I will have to wait until I am at home, though.

Dea, isn't it the cutest when they sign! How sweet that she can blow kisses! Good to hear she's so healthy too.

Oh Carrie, hopefully it's nothing bad. I will be thinking of you.

NOS, I don't know how I would deal with mites, but I assure you, I'd be ragingly horrific. I know you will get through it.

Allyn, good to see you. Miss you momma, how's little Henry?

to all the mommas and many many happy birthdays to all our birthday buddy babies. :

Senara's one today! : Weee!! From this wee little peach to this crazy baby scootin' around the house. Amazing the changes in this first year!

signature currently in transition
#322 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 PM

Happy Birthday Senara:

Cute pics Teeny!
#323 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 'NARA!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
[color=RoyalBlue] So-- if I officially out myself as a polyamorist, is this thread going to implode?
Oh, I thought we knew this!? -And if my own ramblings don't implode the thread, I don't know if it can be done.
I'm with you in the poly boat Rynna, with a venus in gemini, I spent my entire life (even before i knew there was such a thing as poly) very "dissatisfied" and conflicted...VERY conflicted. Thing is, ATM, we have so many problems in our relationship, the LAST thing I'm going to do is put that last nail in the coffin with another... more.... fulfilling? productive? self serving? helpful? PARTNERLIKE? relationship. I know THIS relationship would never survive it (right now anyway) So-- I've filled the void with vermicomposting, digging holes for my garden, bento, babies, homeschooling, fermentation processes, seedlings, chicken-raising preparations and a BOB. It may not last, but for now, it's what I do. I'm not ready to put my baby in day care so that I don't have to live in the same house with him. I mean, I don't HATE the guy and I already don't have enough help. I'm not going to do that to my baby.
Valentine's Day: I bought a beef heart and made it very clear to dh that unless other plans were made for dinner, that we would be having marinated beef heart kabobs for V-day dinner. I found it humorously appropriate to be serving HEART skewered with a STICK to a man that already hates everything I cook... The thing is, as disgusting as many of you probably think that meal sounds (just like dh) I would have enjoyed it tremendously... it would have been a FINE valentine's day dinner TO MYSELF. I couldn't lose either way on this one. We had sushi. I will do the same thing next year, if I'm still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post
i have read that the earlier you catch it the better your chances are, i'm just really really afraid that it's going to be bad and i'm going to leave my babies without a mama. ..
I have the same fears on a regular basis. Maybe it's ringworm? eczema? keep us posted!

dh is home today... i think i need a "Julie Only" day. Will see what I can do about that.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#324 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
Oh, I thought we knew this!? -And if my own ramblings don't implode the thread, I don't know if it can be done.
Perhaps, perhaps. I are having a headache. I think I'd outed myself as Offcial Feb '08 Jammy Git, but that's a wee bit different from poly.

Quote:
I'm with you in the poly boat Rynna, with a venus in gemini, I spent my entire life (even before i knew there was such a thing as poly) very "dissatisfied" and conflicted...VERY conflicted. Thing is, ATM, we have so many problems in our relationship, the LAST thing I'm going to do is put that last nail in the coffin with another... more.... fulfilling? productive? self serving? helpful? PARTNERLIKE? relationship. I know THIS relationship would never survive it (right now anyway) So-- I've filled the void with vermicomposting, digging holes for my garden, bento, babies, homeschooling, fermentation processes, seedlings, chicken-raising preparations and a BOB. It may not last, but for now, it's what I do. I'm not ready to put my baby in day care so that I don't have to live in the same house with him. I mean, I don't HATE the guy and I already don't have enough help. I'm not going to do that to my baby.
Yeah, I don't hate Mike either... we just don't have much of a relationship, and a lot of the time I want to strangle him. Which is why I pretty much told him that if I couldn't get what I wanted, I was going elsewhere. Whatever his faults may be, though, I don't think he's a bad father.. and he certainly doesn't pose a clear or present danger to the children. I'm not the sort of person who can say, "I can't stand this man and have no desire to be anywhere near him, so I"m going to separate him from his children and let him stew in his ickiness without ever seeing them/seeing them only sporadically/whatever." It strikes me as unfair... a bit unfair to Mike, but mostly unfair to the kids. They love Mike, he loves them, so fine. I just refuse to let it stop me from socializing.

The guys that I've seen who have kids are terribly impressed with my overall coolness. Everyone asks about the kids and such, and I tell them that if things become so serious that I'm considering a long-term relationship with them they'll have to meet Mike before they can meet the kids. Not that Mike will have veto power, but I'm not looking for another father for the horde. They *have* a father. He's a pain in my butt, but he's still their father. The guys with kids are amazed that a woman/mother could be so respectful of the father/child relationship, because their exes haven't been. Wins me extra points.

Quote:
The thing is, as disgusting as many of you probably think that meal sounds (just like dh) I would have enjoyed it tremendously... it would have been a FINE valentine's day dinner TO MYSELF. I couldn't lose either way on this one. We had sushi. I will do the same thing next year, if I'm still around.
Sounds like a win-win to me, too!

#325 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 05:15 PM

Rynna, , I'm with julie, too. I didn't realize it was new news. It is great to hear about your respect for Mike's role as a father...there is not nearly enough of that in this world, IMO.

Julie: glad the sushi worked out!

Carrie: I hope that it is perfectly fine, but it is true that when you catch it right away, things almost always end up simply, quickly, and easily. You just have it taken off, and go back to life as normal. ! If it even is anything, I'm sure it will be done soon, and you can stop worrying about it!

Same for you Jezzy...good to check it out again, though!

Teeny, Dea, and Carrie, thanks so much for the sweet words! I meant every word I typed!

Teeny: Happy Birthday Senara!!!: She is absolutely beautiful!!!

Dea, I'm sure the party will be perfect!!

Gotta run, in the middle of a little family drama here, and I've got to send some emails. Ugh...where is that "easy button" when you need one??
#326 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobemama View Post
Gotta run, in the middle of a little family drama here, and I've got to send some emails. Ugh...where is that "easy button" when you need one??
I'm pretty sure Bean dismantled mine. I think he probably had to do it in order to get the parts he'd need to do a real thorough number on the sewing machine.

#327 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 PM

Rynna, I think that if you were trying to keep the polyamory under wraps, you did a poor job. That's how you roll.

Julie, your beef heart idea was great! I love it!

Happy birthday to Nara and any other babies I may have missed in the past couple of days. :

Twyla is developing a hilarious little personality. Yesterday she pulled my skirt up in front of a bunch of people at my older kids' Ninjutsu class. And now she says "uh-oh" either before or after farting.
#328 of 343 Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 PM

LADIES!!!! SO glad to find this!! I can't belive J man turned a year last week! Unreal! :cry:
Need to catch up with you all, hope all is well! My big boy!

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#329 of 343 Old 02-28-2009, 05:02 AM

happy birthday senara!!! :

so, after looking at it, i'm pretty sure i was freaking out over nothing. i'm going to the dermatologist next thursday just to be sure. thanks mamas for all your good thoughts and commiseration!!

jezzy- you should totally make another appointment. it sounds like it's obviously not a scratch.

there's nothing like staying up all night planning letters to write for your children to read after you're dead to get you off the computer and present with the littles!! i think i'll make a habit of doing that once a week because we totally had the best day we've had all winter.

i was also looking around and i realized there are a LOT of mamas out there with cancer. just another note to myself to appreciate every moment. i was thinking, "i just need ten more years," and i realized even that wouldn't be enough. and suddenly ten years seemed like such a short amount of time...

anyway, i'm treasure mapping this year. my mom is going to come up for a visit and we're going to do them together. i'm decluttering right now and it feels GOOD!!

okay, last self-absorbed post for awhile i promise, thanks mamas for letting me vent and muse.

nplaty- hi! welcome back!! your photo didn't load for me?

eh. who needs a signature?
#330 of 343 Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 AM

Have you followed Jade Goody's story? She's dying of cervical cancer now, has somewhere between days and months left (it's travelled to the bowel and somewhere else.) Her boys are 5 and 4, and it's horrible.

Rynna, I knew you were having a lot of fun too. I- erm, don't know about the polyamorous label. Do you actually still LOVE Mike, deep down, after all? Personally I think your heart should be monogamous (to you) and the rest of you can sort itself out as best you can.

: Nplaty

Raina, that sounds like something that would happen around here. LOVE the farting I'm shocked by how mature River seems. At the moment, he's sitting on the bottom stair whacking some duplo together and exploring my new knitting gauge and he looks, honestly, more like a 2yo. I'm still bemused by the fact that I have a kid with hair- is this ever going to stop? All the others were still virtually bald at this age.

Carrie, I'm thinking about treasuremapping this year too. I'm suddenly finding myself in a healthier place emotionally, and it feels good.

Ladies, I'm on day 2 of Weightwatchers (a free online trial) and I'm struggling because they've set my points level so high and so much crap is low-points (To put this in perspective, I went to McDonalds yesterday and still had 11 points left at the end of the day ) If anyone has any experience of this, please tell me what to eat?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page