Feb '08 - is it really Feb '09 already? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 343 Old 02-16-2009, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ah, slimy, toothy baby kisses. Pinch their cheekies and they will come back to pinch yours. Give lots of kisses and they will kiss you back-- with teeth! I count myself lucky that Bear is willing to kiss on cheekies; Chibi used to insist on kissing lips and she was always trying to lick you with vile Nutramigen tongue. Blech.

In any case, you might try teaching "Say 'mmmm' for kisses" or initiating a wild baby game of your own, one you can live with, before bed. Bear is The Original Amazing Flying Baby. :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#182 of 343 Old 02-16-2009, 08:56 PM

I guess I should have checked in here first about what kind of group would be ok for all...I just set one up a minute ago, spur o' the moment. I made it public but by invitation only, so the general public cannot post to it, but it is viewable by the public. If it were completely public it would be even easier to post to, but I didn't want someone to somehow stumble across it (which honestly is very unlikely) and think, "oh! babies! let me post pictures of my baby too!" But a completely private group seemed harder to maintain for some reason. So that was my thought process...if you strongly feel we should make it completely private (or completely public), let me know and I can create a new one.

The current url is http://www.flickr.com/groups/mdc-ddc/

So here's the thing about posting. If you want to post, you have to be invited to post. I am the only member now, so would you please PM me your flickr usernames, and I will add you (and you can invite any other feb ddc members that you are connected with)? Or if you are not on flickr and want an invite from the group to join, you can PM me your email addy.

Hope that is not too confusing!
#183 of 343 Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 PM

Posting some quick pics from Eli's birthday party. I finally got them uploaded. Need to catch up on loading to Shutterfly too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28348581@N06/3286688252/

http://http://www.flickr.com/photos/...n/photostream/

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
#184 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
I hear that!
I admit that Monday brings me a huge sigh of relief most weeks. It's my Friday!
yeah, i don't even realize it until i get a break and then i'm like, this is niiiice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
It's been awhile ladies.

My mom passed on 1/30. She waited for everyone to be gone before she let go. I still havent really figured out how to deal with my emotions.
oh sarah lynne. i'm sorry for your family.

leah- linnaea does that too, this crazy acrobatic freak out before bed. she's just so amped up that she cries when i try to get her to nurse and rock her and then ten seconds later she's passed out. it is TOTALLY hard to deal with without losing it in fact, the other night i chanted just go to sleep over and over and over. it's easily the roughest time of the day for us.

teeth- we have six, she got hem all at once about 6 or 7 months, and she'd been working on the others for FAR too long!

i just joined facebook, oh god! there's so many people from my high school in touch with random friends of mine i think i'm going to be sick. i don't want to talk to any of them and yet there they are. bleh. not sure if i'm up to managing a flickr account too. though i did load tons of pictures of linnaea on facebook. search for carrie carden if you want to see us

not much news here... oh yeah, i figured out why i was depressed. PMS!!! duh! i'm hoping to get some hormone balancing tea because it has been hitting me way harder than ever before and just seems a little off.

eh. who needs a signature?
#185 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 AM

oh yeah

yay me! now, i'm never going to post again.

#186 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post
oh yeah

yay me! now, i'm never going to post again.
I remember my 1000th post. I gagged myself to save it for announcing Terran's :bfp: and told myself I was going to leave MDC when : came because it was just too darned pathetic for someone without minor children at home to post on a parenting board so much.

Sarah Lynne, thank you so much for updating. I know you've got enough on your plate already without a naggy internet friend on top of everything else.

:

You're explaining things beautifully to Austin. The only thing I'd add is "I can't. That's why I'm so sad." when he asks you to buy the rocket ship. My mother did me no favours at all by hiding her emotions from me and I'm glad you're not going that route with your boys.

teeth we FINALLY have #8 through, which was the one I kept looking at abnd missing the lower incisors. He had to do this one without the amber since mites like jewelry.

talking is still becoming fascinated by a word, using it a lot, and then moving on to the next exciting word or concept, but I thought I heard a very simple sentence today. I love the way he says "No." He's assertive but matter-of-fact and it sounds nothing at all like the stereotypical "terrible toddler who says 'no' all the time."

ElderSon gave me the flu for Valentine's day, but other than that it was okay. I'm kinda freaked by some nasty stuff we've all been hearing on the news lately and want to lay off talking about my marital status for awhile. It's got nothing to do with anyone who belongs here, I just think I've been too open and don't want to attract any crazies with axes to grind.
#187 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 04:49 AM

Does anyones baby seem to nurse MORE lately? Ashlee is wanting to nurse all the time. It is cute she will be playing and she will plop herself in my lap and lift my shirt I love it

She is saying some words. Mama Daddy, bye bye, yes, beep beep, Brrrr, three ( I say one, two, three a lot when we are playing) I am SURE that she is saying more but I just don't understand her. She talks ALL the time

She is a good eater and likes everything. When she takes a bite of her food if she really likes it she will say mmmmmmm. It is so cute!

Still having problems with my mil. She is saying things to Ashlee like I don't think your mom will ever leave us alone. "When you get bigger you will have to sneak away from mama and come to me" I am getting pissed at her for telling her to run away from me and have no idea how I can tell her I wish she would stop saying these things to MY baby. She may not understand her now but she will soon enough...

I don't think that I will ever feel comfortable leaving her alone with Ashlee. She does really dumb things. We visit them every sunday Last sunday she stood Ashlee on the table and then walked away! She is always doing stupid s*#t like that...
#188 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 05:08 AM

linnaea is on the boob all.the.time. sleeping is horrid lately as she has to have the nipple or she wakes up.

so sorry about your mil. mine is visiting tonight and she's an nice lady but i tend to feel really judgemental around her. she is 72 thought and i know i need to just chill out. and really, think that she could be the type of mil that vaxed my kids without telling me because she thought i was crazy. she would never do anything like that so i'm lucky.

anyway, going to sleep right now but i wanted to say

happy birthday linnaea!! and steven!!!

in about 5-1/2 hours she was born in the shower and my wonderful midwife caught her and announced, it's a girl! right now i was just starting to think i might be having contractions and getting my hypnobabies mp3 player set to go. i never did get to listen to the birthing day tracks because i was afraid she'd be born too quickly if i did. speaking of which, i've got to write my birth story for them because it was awesome!!!

#189 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 AM

PlayaMama mine is 72 too! I am also sure that she would do things and not tell me about it. I just don't trust her:

Happy birthday linnaea:::

Happy birthday steven:::
#190 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 09:54 AM

Happy Birthday!!!!

I'm still tired. I changed up her schedule, Sunday she napped 10:30-12:00, 2:30-4, and slept 8:30-7:30 (not right thru of course, but with quick wakeups). Then yesterday she slept 10:30-12:30 and 4-5:30 and went to sleep at 9:30...I figured I'm in for another night of sleep, woohoo!!! WRONG. What is wrong with this child??? I gave her more naps so she's not overtired...and the bum is sleeping stilll right now. She's so lucky she's so cute LOL. But I seriously need to get full nights of sleep to function.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#191 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
Still having problems with my mil. She is saying things to Ashlee like I don't think your mom will ever leave us alone. "When you get bigger you will have to sneak away from mama and come to me" I am getting pissed at her for telling her to run away from me and have no idea how I can tell her I wish she would stop saying these things to MY baby. She may not understand her now but she will soon enough...
UGH! I'd throw a fit at my husband every single visit. Oh wait, I've been there.... But sheesh. That is so very uncool. "Nope, I'm never going to leave HER alone. Why don't you crawl back under the rock you came from? :"

: : Happy birthday! : :

#192 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM

Sarah Lynne, I'm so sorry.

Happy birthday Linnaea and Steven!

Twyla woke up and climbed out of bed this morning and was padding around the room. I thought the bed was too high for her to want to attempt that, but apparently not! She's also taken to carrying around one of Marley's dolls and saying, "awwww" while hugging and kissing it.

My siblings and I are preparing to do an intervention with my mom tomorrow night. She's gotten hooked on prescription pain meds again. It just sucks. She was sober for 15 years, and then fell off the wagon, and has relapsed over and over in the last few years. I'm starting to worry about suicide- she's been distancing herself from us kids in the last few months. She doesn't even see her grandkids hardly ever, even though she lives half an hour from us. Ugh. I'm just tired of feeling like the parent. I can't wait for this to be over. Hopefully it makes a difference.
#193 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
My siblings and I are preparing to do an intervention with my mom tomorrow night. She's gotten hooked on prescription pain meds again.
oh raina!! big hugs mama! yeah, my dad i think has recovered as much as he ever is going to and i was just thinking the other day about how smart he was. he's not dumb or anything now, but i had one of lazlo's puzzles out that you make into different shapes and he couldn't figure it out. this is the guy that worked on nuclear submarines.

i often wonder if we had done an intervention at some point if it would have helped. for him, i think not, he will still sneak beers if he has enough pocket money to go to the local bar. and he never voluntarily sobered up ever, he drank at least a six pack every night of his life for probably 40 years.

i'm wishing you the best with this. fingers crossed!!!

#194 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 PM

Sarah Lynne - I'm sorry, I can't even begin to imagine

NOS - on mites, ugh, how annoying. I had a fabulous dream about you the other night that I was totally stoked to tell you about.. but then... I watered our router with the herbs, and we didn't have internet for a day : By the time we got it back I had forgotten my dream : That reminds me of something I wanted to bring up before though, and didn't get the chance to...

Watering your electronics - Okay. To those of you with cell phones gone into baths / puddles / lakes, etc.. After dousing your gear you can throw it in the oven overnight set to warm, or around 125 degrees F. - battery removed. When you get something wet, simply unplug it immediately or remove the battery. If it was a very soapy bath you may wish you rinse it under clean water first. Filtered or distilled if you can. Put your battery on a towel to dry on it's own, toss your cell phone in the oven overnight. DP's cell phone has made it through this cycle 3 times now You can also do it with game boys, etc.. (routers.. rofl, saved us $100 or more on that sucker) On the subject, if you spill something on your keyboard, to clean it you can run it through the dishwasher, batteries out, on it's own with no soap. We clean our keyboards like this periodically simply for maintenance. But I have spilled beer on my keyboard innumerable times. Let it dry, key side down. Works like a dream afterward. But you want to make sure it is completely dry before putting the batteries back in. If anyone has questions or needs clarification on stuff, PM me /geekfest

nursing - Kaia still doesn't eat food most days

teeth - Still nothing to add here, still no sign of the darned things.

groups - I applied to the Flickr group on Flickr before finishing reading the message, so, er, I guess if I don't get in, then I'm PM you! Facebook - I need to look the group up, I haven't joined any groups on there yet, so I gotta figure that out.

absolutely insane before night time sleep = yes. very yes.

applecore - I'm sorry, lady That sucks. I've been through a lot of those situations, and I can't imagine how it could possibly be for it to be my mother. That's so hard. Good luck to you, I hope your efforts are appreciated and accepted. :

I have the daycare baby taking a nap, Kaia walking around with blocks, and the other three - 2 boys, one girl, all 4 y/os - walking around with blankets under their shirts giving birth to twins and triplets. I wish you could see them. Ohmagosh the hilarity. They stumble around bumping bellies until one falls over and yells, "Oh, I'm having my babies!" and then the other two drop to their knees and help the "babies" out. This has been a popular game since I got pregnant with Kaia

question - Anyone else's one a very small one? Kaia is about 15 1/2 lbs, she turned 1 on the 8th. I know I've stressed out about this to you guys before, but I can't seem to shake it. It is so much easier to tell my SIL that even though my nephew is a little guy he is obviously happy, healthy, active, smart.. etc, nothing in the world wrong with him! But ahhhh, she is so tiny. She still wears a number of 6 month clothes, and anything 12 months is massive on her. I *know* I was never on the charts myself. My mum *still* cries about how they convinced her to wean when I was 13 months old because they said I was too small and obviously wasn't getting what I needed from her milk. And it didn't change anything - I'm a little person. I still say I'm *almost* 5 feet tall, as if I'm going to get there some day still. Kaia is an insanely active baby, she has had no developmental issues what-so-ever, she is not insanely skinny, but I hate being able to feel her ribs like I can. I am terrified to bring her to a 1 year check up because I'm afraid they will say like they told my mum. They already threw a bit of a hissy fit at her 6 month because she wasn't eating "real food" yet, and told me sternly that at 6 months old babies start to "need" nourishment other than breastmilk. Can someone please tell me it's okay? Or if I should actually be concerned? :

ETA: I forgot that I wanted to say, through all this sickness we've been going through, Kaia blows her own nose and I love love love it!! It's so cute, and so helpful! We just hand her a tissue and she actually blows her nose, wipes it, and hands it back

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#195 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 03:01 PM

i just watched twyla's birthday cupcake video. oh my gosh your family is CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! i love you all

#196 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 PM

Oh gosh everybody, so much going on!

Sarah Lynne, I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. You're in my thoughts. Happy Birthday Steven!!

Carrie, I found you! I'm sorry to hear your mate isn't of more help to you. I hope he comes around. Your date sounds nice though! Happy Birthday Linnaea!! Grace used to be like that for sleep too, it was SO hard!! i hope it gets better soon. and i'm glad it was "just" pms! on FB don't list your highschool and it will be harder for those people to find you. By the way, oh my holy cute red headed kids!!!

sharun, i don't know how you do it. i hope your husband will "man up" and defend you to his mother, that is unacceptable. it sounds like you have every reason to be protective of your daughter with her and the way seh speaks to her would make my blood boil. i know you being there and without the support of your own family makes this harder and more complicated. i hope things improve, your mil makes me mad!

heather (nos), i'm sorry you all had the stomach terribleness too. it is a vicious thing traveling the country this year! i saw on FB that your son is gone again and i'm very sorry to hear this. i know this is difficult for you and i'd love for you to have some peace.

heather (babybump), cute! i love that cake, great idea! i hope you are doing well and the pregnancy is easy!

emily, i'm so glad your friend and her babies are doing well!! i can't believe how many teeth molly has! i hope things are goind well with you. oh, i keep forgetting!! Thank you so much for the birthday card, that was so sweet! I wasn't in the card swap so you must have had to search back to the last one to find my address. Well I just wanted you to know I really appreciate it!

steph, It's great to see you! Mia is a doll!

Lauren, wow, Robin sounds great. James will sign 2 word sentences every once in a while but no saying them, that neat! We don't have choking issues but I don't think it's abnormal at this age. I'd do bananas, avacado, applesause, cheese, diced pears, hard boiled egg yolk......hmm that's all the non crunchy snack foods I'm coming up with right now, hope it gives you some ideas. We might actually get to meet! I'm trying to get to the Capital Day for FOIM, I just have to find a sitter for the day (I teach in DSM Wed afternoons anyway).

Leah, that's wonderful that you're able to share you milk with a mom in need. The bike sounds adorable! Hmm, that pinching and scratching doesn't sound pleasant! Do you have some sort of routine and that's when it starts or does she just do it when she's tired, or is it a way to fight going to sleep? I hope it gets resolved for you soon!

rynna, How's Bear been?

Julie, how are things? How's your oldest daughter doing?

Amy, I hope sleep comes! I need a full night's sleep too.

Raina, I'm so sorry. This has to be so difficult. I love the show Intervention on A&E, it gives me hope that recovery is possible, I hope this is it for your mom Twyla sounds so cute with her baby!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#197 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM

that took me all am so i missed some, i'll try to be back later!

Sarah-wife, mother, doula, and teacher.
#198 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise;13205544On the subject, if you spill something on your keyboard, to clean it you can run it through the dishwasher, [B
batteries out, on it's own with no soap[/B]. We clean our keyboards like this periodically simply for maintenance. But I have spilled beer on my keyboard innumerable times. Let it dry, key side down. Works like a dream afterward. But you want to make sure it is completely dry before putting the batteries back in. If anyone has questions or needs clarification on stuff, PM me /geekfest
What if you don't have a dishwasher?

Quote:
question - Anyone else's one a very small one? Kaia is about 15 1/2 lbs, she turned 1 on the 8th. I know I've stressed out about this to you guys before, but I can't seem to shake it. It is so much easier to tell my SIL that even though my nephew is a little guy he is obviously happy, healthy, active, smart.. etc, nothing in the world wrong with him! But ahhhh, she is so tiny. She still wears a number of 6 month clothes, and anything 12 months is massive on her. I *know* I was never on the charts myself. My mum *still* cries about how they convinced her to wean when I was 13 months old because they said I was too small and obviously wasn't getting what I needed from her milk. And it didn't change anything - I'm a little person. I still say I'm *almost* 5 feet tall, as if I'm going to get there some day still. Kaia is an insanely active baby, she has had no developmental issues what-so-ever, she is not insanely skinny, but I hate being able to feel her ribs like I can. I am terrified to bring her to a 1 year check up because I'm afraid they will say like they told my mum. They already threw a bit of a hissy fit at her 6 month because she wasn't eating "real food" yet, and told me sternly that at 6 months old babies start to "need" nourishment other than breastmilk. Can someone please tell me it's okay? Or if I should actually be concerned? :
Bear is my biggest baby. He is 12 months old and he weighs 23 pounds. He's about 31-32" tall. He needs a 24 month size for length, though he will probably need 6-9 month sized shorts over the summer because he's quite narrow (he's all legs). To put this into perspective for you, I submit Baby #3, A.K.A. Bella. Bellatrix LeBella will be three at the end of March. She is about four inches taller than Bear, weighs approximately 28 pounds, and is just now at the point where she is more comfortable in a 3T than a 2T (unless you're talking about skirts/shorts-- again, a very narrow child). At 12 months, Bella was very comfortable in 6 and 9 month sized clothing. She's just small. The world has not ended. She's perfectly healthy, just small.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Grownups are different sizes, and it makes sense that our kids are different sizes too. While Bear is closer to the average size of a 12 month old, Bella is closer to the size that I was at her age. I'm almost 5'1" in Skechers. Why should anyone expect huge babies from me? It's just not logical.

The chances are excellent that Kaia is fine. Based on size alone, I would absolutely not be concerned about her. It sounds like she's growing and developing at an appropriate pace for Kaia, so you have my encouragement to tell anyone who gives you crap about it to shove it where the sun don't shine. If you'd like to do it more politely, you could say, "Yeah, I just don't know why she's so tiny. Would you mind grabbing me that box from the second shelf? I can't seem to reach it..." or make some other blatant comment to draw attention to your hieght (I do this a lot ). If they're nasty about it, you can say, "All the best things come in small packages," and smile sweetly at them while they wonder if they've just been insulted. (Yeah, I can get mean, too. I hate it when people are oblivious like that!)

Most people get there before I do, though. "Wow, she's really tiny. Then again... you're not all that tall, are you? I guess it's not really a surprise."

As a somewhat off-topic aside, Bear is too tall for me to sling comfortably. If he's up as high as I need him to be, he and I see eye-to-eye and our heads are somewhat impeded by one another. It's one more good reason for short people to have short kids, as I have never had this problem with Bella (by the time she was this tall, she was older and more comfortable on my hip). I really need to figure out something in the way of a back carry for the littlest man. : Any ideas for something super cheap (read: free) and super easy for the grossly uncoordinated?

#199 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 03:20 PM

Hi Sarah! Bear is... well, sick. : I think he has an ear infection, believe it or not, and he's had four mucousy bowel movements since eight this morning. He's asleep on my shoulder right now and feeling a little warm. Yesterday I woke up to a flat tire, so I didn't get a chance to write a check and do a dance to pay for custom earplugs for the little man. He hasn't had his hair washed since early in the morning on 3 Feb. : I need to reschedule that appointment, but it feels like every time I stand up, he wakes up miserable and wants me to hold him and get him back to sleep. : I'm trying not to think about it.

#200 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Rynna, so sorry to hear Bear is feeling poorly again!! And I wouldn't worry at all about not washing his hair since the tubes...people use to bath only in rivers and only occasionally at best, for most of our world's history, so I'm sure he is just fine! I do hope you can get the ear plugs and feel better about it, though! Hang in there. And hopefully someone will have better advice for the back carrier, I don't have a solution for you.

Sarah !! I kept your address after Christmas. I'm glad James got his card! Did you ever post pics of his birthday? I need to search back and find them. I'd love to take a look.

Raina: so sorry to hear about this situation!

Sarah Lynne: thinking of you today. Hope you are doing alright.

Jusie: She is perfectly fine. My friend, who is just under 5 feet, was given TONS of crap about still nursing her very small 1-yr-old, and her doctors even made her do all these digestions checks at the hospital, really frustrating stuff. In the end, she was PERFECTLY HEALTHY!! Just small. Perfect energy level and developmental stages and all that...just like your LO. The only was she wasn't "perfect" was their ideas of what a growth chart should say. . Hang in there, and stick to your guns!

crap...baby up...gotta run...back later
#201 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 07:48 PM

Real quick: If your babies are crazy before bed, you are getting them to bed too late. Those are signs of being overtired. Try starting your bedtime routine BEFORE they get like that.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#202 of 343 Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post
i just joined facebook, oh god! there's so many people from my high school in touch with random friends of mine i think i'm going to be sick. i don't want to talk to any of them and yet there they are. bleh.
That was my EXACT sentiment after being on for about a day. Good to know it's not just my anti-social ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise View Post
teeth - Still nothing to add here, still no sign of the darned things.
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahn4639 View Post
Julie, how are things? How's your oldest daughter doing?
I have no idea and she wants it that way.

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#203 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 05:06 AM

Reading along, hugs for all.

Apparently, if something important gets wet, stick it in a tub of rice, totally submerged, and leave it for a week and that will help absorb all the water. It's worth a try.

Sleep stinks.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#204 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 AM

to all

Sorry that Bear is sick again Rynna!

Juise Ash is on the smaller side too. about 17 pounds. She is just tiny. She is crazily active too. She is on the go all day long! I am sure Kaia is fine!
How cute that she blows her own nose
#205 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 09:05 AM

Hugs to all. I have been MIA a little while - sticky nasty IL issues

I wasn't part of this DDC when you were all pregnant and giving birth.... but today is Hillel's birthday :

A year ago my baby boy was born in a beautiful water birth and welcomed into this world by two very excited and loving parents.... we had a hiccup with a placenta that wouldn't detach... but all in all it was the most beautiful and amazing experience for me. I'm a bit teary eyed just thinking of all that I have learnt and experienced as a mother in this last year. What a journey it has been for me and Hillel and his father. :

: to all the babes that I have missed.

Some snaps over the last year.

I have to say that a nose blowing babe sounds awsome.. Hillel has learnt to sit still for me to squirt saline and declog his nose.... but I would love for him to blow and wipe...

Sarah-lynne -

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#206 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Happy birthday Hillel: Great pictures ema-adama
#207 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 11:00 AM

Happy Birthday Hillel! And Linnea and Steven yesterday!!

Beautiful pics, Ema! I love the one with the apple, and the ones with the water buckets. Sorry to hear that your IL's have been giving you issues. Hope whatever it is resolves well and quickly!!

Helen, . Hope you get some rest today!!

Julie: OMG!!! Molly got your absolutely beautiful, amazing, creative, wonderful and just basically awesome birthday card yesterday!!:Thank you, thank you!! I'd like to say that I will never copy your idea, but I'd be lying! Seriously, you should copyright that design....it's wonderful!

Carrie, so sad, about your dad and where his mental capacity is now compared to where it was once. Alcohol is such a strange thing...so relaxing and sometimes even sophisticated in minimal to sometimes even moderate amounts, but so completely devastating to so many people in so many ways! I have alcoholics in my extended family, but no one in this generation, or my immediate family...I am so blessed in this way! Thinking of you and Applecore!

gotta run, sleep has been crappy here too, and DS has an ear infection on top of it all, so that doesn't help! He needs me again.

Also running around like crazy again in general. 2 weeks ago it was getting reading for dear SIL's bachie party, now it is getting ready for the shower that I am hosting for her. Was supposed to be me and MIL together, but DH's grandma isn't doing well, and MIL had to fly out unexpectedly to be with her. So now we are worried about grandma, doing the shower alone, and trying to get ready for Molly's birthday party that we are having this Sunday...ugh! It's going to be a crazy couple of days!!
#208 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 PM

Just a really quick fly-by:

Carrie and Julie, you can block people on Facebook and if it makes you feel any less anti-social, the first thing I did was search for and find an old boyfriend and make sure he couldn'tr find me. It works great! his posts don't even show up on a mutual friend's page.

Raina and Carrie sending you lots of :; we deal with alcoholism in this family too.

Megan i completely forgot that we missed out on Hillel's actual birth day because you justy belong here and add so much to our ddc that it seems you've always been here.

happy belated birthday to Linnaea and Steven!

Terran is better today, but he's had a horrible stomach bug and i'm used to babies who literally never get sick so i'm going to say something horribly offensive about public school if i'm not careful.

Rynna, you're amazing; I hope Bear's feeling better soon. :
#209 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hugs to all the mommas that need one today.

Juice, don't let anyone tell you that your DD should wean or has a problem based on weight alone. I have a small babe too, and thankfully my pedi has no problem with that. She's beautiful and really active, and her curve is right on schedule. She's just small. To my eyes she's shockingly small, without her cloth diaper on there's just nothing to her. Very svelte. I'm a big girl, 5'9". It's a little hard for my mom to see how little DD2 is, since she's 2lbs less than her twin, and way smaller than my siblings and I were at half her age. But kids are who they'll be. As long as she's healthy, she'll grow at her own pace whatever we do. Keep nursing!

PS - She doesn't eat much solid food at all, and only has two teeth!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#210 of 343 Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM

Emily, I hope things all work out for your family with the party. Never having done a big wedding and not having any close friends who have, I am in awe of people who pull it off. And a birthday party for Molly... I would be quite frazzled : (yeah - I am a real green horn at this whole parenting thing.... today I was teezed for being far too careful with DS and his diet)

Anyway, Hillel graduated to a car seat today and not his baby seat (here in Israel it is called a sal-kal, and I have no idea what this is in English). I hope it will improve driving, as he is still not a fan and I have cut driving down to just the bearest minimum. Which is better for the environment, but not so much for me....

I thought I would link my birth story in for those who are curious and have the time... the rest of the website is in Hebrew, so I have no idea how it will come up on your screens. It's basically the set up with the gynae who does home birth in his birthing cabin. Pics.

NOS - I pm'ed you.

Jezzy - thanks - I am a little biased, but I do think he is quite gorgeous

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page