Mothering Forum banner

June 08 mamas here?

694 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  OpenHanded 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how everyone is doing.

Jt just started crawling and is getting so big. It is hard to believe that my baby is getting so close to being a toddler.

#4 ·
Helloooo!

Were you guys in the June '08 DDC? There is a bunch of us who started another board when it became time for MDC to shut down our DDC to make way for the June '09 mommas.

Evelyn is doing wonderfully! Army crawling like a champ-fast and trying to so hard to figure out how to crawl on hands and knees. She gets so mad when she can't will her arms and legs to move. Babbling up a storm, high fives, is *almost* waving and is loving experimenting with solids. We are doing BLW and she is having a lot of fun. She actually squeals when I get the bib out for her.

#5 ·
My DD is 8 1/2 months old and such an active baby. She is crawling, pulling up to standing, and just so much more energetic. She's awesome.

I wasn't on the DD thread but thought I would check in here anyway.

Question: anyone having a hard time with sleeping? I shouldn't complain since she falls back asleep as soon as I nurse her but shouldn't she be waking less then 5 times a night? I know she physically doesn't need to eat that much. Anyone else?

#6 ·
DD is 8.5 months, just started really crawling a few days ago and pulling herself up to stand, she gets so proud of herself when she gets to something that she couldn't get to before. She learned how to clap with her feet yesterday. We're working on signs, but so far she hasn't picked any up, I don't know if I'm doing them quite right, we have a video but I've yet to find time to watch it.

She's teething like mad, bottom 3 teeth came in 2 months ago, it seems like she's going to get tons any day, but I've been saying that for a long time, starting to feel like maybe she'll just have 3 big teeth forever.
I'm right there with you on the sleep, she's up anywhere from every half hour to every hour and a half lately, on a good night she'll give me 2 hours. I feel like it probably won't get better until she's out of this teething rut.
Glad to hear all your little ones are doing good. It's fun to hear about other babies the same age.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovin_Life View Post
My DD is 8 1/2 months old and such an active baby. She is crawling, pulling up to standing, and just so much more energetic. She's awesome.

I wasn't on the DD thread but thought I would check in here anyway.

Question: anyone having a hard time with sleeping? I shouldn't complain since she falls back asleep as soon as I nurse her but shouldn't she be waking less then 5 times a night? I know she physically doesn't need to eat that much. Anyone else?
Oh yeah, we are getting hit hard with the "8 month sleep regression" here in our house. We have a combination of the sleep regression, illness, ruptured ear drum, abx and teeth combination that has made for some baaaaad nights. *yawn*

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahC View Post
Oh yeah, we are getting hit hard with the "8 month sleep regression" here in our house. We have a combination of the sleep regression, illness, ruptured ear drum, abx and teeth combination that has made for some baaaaad nights. *yawn*
Yup. Not asleep until almost 3am here. And already UP and ready to go, go, go!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovin_Life View Post

It is not so bad with this baby but my first one did not sleep well until he was just about 1 1/2 yrs old. I remember going to a La Leche League Meeting when he was about 9 months convinced I was the only one with a baby that age waking at night and a couple of other older moms there told me it was totally normal.
Eventually he did start sleeping through the night and man did I appreciate it.

#10 ·
Hello, I wasn't in the original DDC but can I join anyway?

Lele is 8 months on the 23rd.

She wriggles around the room but is still building the strength to get her tummy off the ground. She is eager to be running but hasn't quite learned to walk yet
. When she's in a good mood her whole body will dance around all day and she'll let loose with some long babbly discussions about her life as a babe.

Sleep is not too bad but she spoilt us a newborn by sleeping like clockwork 9 pm to 8 am for the first three months. Now she wakes 2-3 times per night but our biggest struggles are naps. She is such a different baby if she relaxes into a couple of good naps during the day.

I am a student writing up a PhD thesis, still finishing up a few things in the lab, and looking for a postdoc somewhere so it is a bit of a stressful time for me. We live in NYC but we're trying to move. I'd like to live somewhere where my baby's naps aren't interrupted by traffic noises!

#11 ·
I'm here too! DD is so frustrated, trying to crawl out of her all-fours stance, but would rather stand all the time. She literally will refuse to be set down in a seated position, makes her body stiff as a board. I really do want her to crawl, though, so I'm encouraging it as much as possible... and our sleep has gone to hell here too. What's that about? Digestion, teeth, all this crazy new mobility stuff? Glad to hear I'm not alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.