Can a 2 week old sleep too much? Lump under arm. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2009, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
luv

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2 week old does nothing but sleep! She's eating fine and gaining weight fine. I remember back to DD1 (18 months now) and she was MUCH more intense at this age already. I had a hard time putting her down to sleep etc. This baby however is just fine to nurse to sleep/sleepy and be put in the bassinet t nap for the next 3 to 4 hours. This is so very different than my first kiddo. Is it normal?

Also, though I'm fairly sure it's not related, we just found a small lump under her left arm right in the armpit crease. At first I thought lymph node but I don't think it is. It is right next to an area that is a bit raw from not getting a lot of air. Thoughts/suggestions?

-luv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2009, 06:45 PM

2 weeks is a growth spurt so eating constantly and sleeping constantly is normal.

No idea on the lump, but the raw area would probably be helped by exposure to air if possible or some diaper cream if you can't readily get air on it.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
luv

We turned up the heat a notch and put her in a sleevless jumper hoping to get more air to it... thought about maybe trying a warm compress then making sure it was really dry.

Wouldn't a diaper cream hurt on raw skin?

-luv
Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 PM

Diaper rash cream won't hurt on raw skin. I know cause I've used it on abrasions on myself before just to test it out.

Btw, my second one is a sleepy one too. Getting way more sleep than the first one. I've never had to endlessly walk around to get her to sleep unlike my first one which I would still be nursing while carrying if only I could comfortably do that. Today has been a particularly sleepy day but here's how it's gone: started stirring and nursing about 5:30 or so, woke up, had a poopy diaper, went back to sleep about 6:30, didn't get up until nearly 11. At about 2:30, fell asleep again, having herself a long nap now. I figure she's going through a growth spurt. This is helping me out so much because DD1 is turning to be quite a handful..
Old 02-28-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
Diaper rash cream won't hurt on raw skin. I know cause I've used it on abrasions on myself before just to test it out.
: I used the stuff we have (earth friendly baby, natural red clover cream) on my nose when it got super sore from wiping so much during a cold and it not only didn't sting, it got better faster than the raw skin stage ever has before.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter
luv

Thanks mommas I think I knew being sleeping was ok in my gut but it sure is nice to get the reassurance from others. Here I thought my first one was 'easy going'. I guess I didnt know what 'easy going' really meant!

Thanks also re the diaper cream info. I obviously never would have thought of that. We have a tube of Wedla <sp?> somewhere around here. I'll try it out today!
-luv

User Tag List