Fussy baby - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds2 is now 2 months old and has been crying constantly for the past month or so and we have no clue why. He does have times where he's happy and smiling but it only happens a few times a day - the rest of the time he's crying unless he's been held, talked to, nursed, or bounced. And even those don't work half the time.

I'm just wondering if cutting out milk/dairy or something else would help this situation any. It really never seemed like anything I was eating was bothering him, but I really don't know what to look for if he isn't agreeing with something I'm eating. Any opinions or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
#2 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 PM

I would try cutting out dairy, it can't hurt anything. I'm in the process of trying that now with DD since she has periods where she screams and arches her back.

obstruct livery vehicles

#3 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
I would try cutting out dairy, it can't hurt anything. I'm in the process of trying that now with DD since she has periods where she screams and arches her back.
How's it going? Have you seen any improvement with her?
#4 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 11:24 PM

my dd2 screamed blue murder for the first 10 weeks or so, now at nrly 5 mo she's toned it down to lots of whining with fair bit of screaming thrown in for good measure. i tried dairy elim. didn't work. just recently we've been taking her to a chiro, and so far (she had her 2nd visit today) she seems a tad happier. honestly, i think she's just pissed off at being a baby (older sister is very bright and was somewhat similar) and will get much happier when she can crawl around and do a few things for herself

GL, they don't stay this way for long
#5 of 9 Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahs Momma View Post
How's it going? Have you seen any improvement with her?
Nope, but I think that's b/c I'm stupid. I bought sherbet the other day totally not looking at the label b/c hello why would sherbet have milk in it? After I'd eaten half the carton my husband said oh btw that has milk in it, I looked at the ingredient list last night. So I'm basically starting over.

obstruct livery vehicles

#6 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 PM

hey mamma,
i just wanted to post as a mom of a former fussy baby. we really struggled for the first 3/4 months so i feel for you. dd is 7 months old now and is happy happy happy. she's clapping happily on the floor as i type. i never really found out the source of all the crying but i did try cutting EVERYTHING out of my diet. it might have helped or she might have just grown out of it. other things we tried: sleeping on an incline for gas, wearing baby (try a mei tai), letting her cry in our arms before sleep (awareparenting.com), gripe water and mylecon. all you can do is try. you know you're doing everything you can to help baby be comfortable. it will pass.

10/16/09 8/20/08
#7 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 PM

DD was very unhappy for the first few months. Cried almost all the time until 3 months. We had a short happy spurt (about 3 days) and then she was unhappy again until 5 months.

Now she is very happy. She needs a lot of attention and interaction. She'll play by herself for a while, but she needs a lot of stuff to keep her busy. Crawling has probably been the best thing for her -- we always suspected she would lighten up when she could move.

I cut out dairy and also had too much milk. I think the milk was part of the problem (I could not nurse her for comfort for the first few months). I'll never know if she was unhappy from that or just grew out of it.

Good luck and look forward to a time you get to enjoy being a mom! DH and I pretty much blocked out the first few months so its like it never happened!
#8 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 01:59 PM

One more thing -- bouncing on the ball while wearing a MT worked wonders! I was so, so tired, and it was so, so hard. I would spend at least 3 hours, usually more, just bouncing. Almost always worked though! My sister thinks thats why I returned to my pre-pregnant shape so fast.

Bedtime was the worst. There were times I'd spend hours holding DD crying. I was too tired to bounce and she isn't one to cry herself to sleep.
#9 of 9 Old 03-26-2009, 02:52 PM

DD was like that from 11-2 every. single. night.

I had to much foremilk for her, and she was a premie with high needs. We now know she is also alergic to wheat.

DS is much better, although, he is only 1 month and HIS fussy period (although, nothing could compare to the screams of DD) is 11am - 1pm. over the lunch hour Which - is much more convient, and hopefully when I return to work he won't switch to nights.

With DD we turned on the "snow" on the tv, but, now we havbe a tv that just says "no signal....." Perhaps some white noise?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page