Jan./Feb. 2004 Mamas Part I - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 181 Old 02-13-2004, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kim

I am so sorry about the mastitis, I had it a few times with ds, and am so hoping to avoid it this time. I almost always got it after pumping, my body just does not do well with pumping, somehow the pump works areas that the babe doesn't, so I get a clogged duct, and that often turns into mastitis for me, unless I get right on top of it, and take my zinc, and get the rest I need.

I am finding getting the rest I need substantially harder this time, and again, I really can't imagine how the twin mamas do it, b/c I have one babe who keeps me up when I really just want to sleep, so sometimes, he does sleep when I am trying- if there were another one here- I'd never sleep I don't think. OK< last night was rough- I admit it- I am moody right now I actually resorted to trying gas drops last night- which if possible seemed to make him more uncomfortable- so I guess gas is not the problem. Of course he is perfectly content right now, but the other 2 are not about to sit quitely while mama naps: TG it's Friday and I can make dh do nightime duty (except nursing of course) and not feel guilty that he has to get up for work. Although- if it's a rough night- he'll(dh) be moody tomorrow, and if someone has to be moody, I prefer it be me:LOL

No evening fussy time here- yet- but maybe it will start in a while: It seems that he can always be comforted by the breast-maybe that explains the 2 pounds in 2 weeks weight gain:LOL

OK- he's ready to nurse again- off I go!

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 181 Old 02-13-2004, 12:32 PM

There's so much to respond to. Ds spends much of the day in the sling because it really helps with the evening fussies. I don't know how many of you have read The Continuum Concept , but they explain in that book that babies who are carried in a sling all day will sleep in the sling, but they will also release stress through your movement. If the baby sleeps alone they will have a longer fussy time to release stress on their own. I made a tube sling when dd was two and used it for hip-holding her hands free. It seems to work great for a newborn too. I used hemp t-shirt material so it has more give to it. I also have a ring sling I made that I like ok, I just wish I'd used different fabric.

I can't remember who asked about the LTK soaker pattern. I did not buy the yarn from LTK. I couldn't wait to get started so I bought merino wool from a knitting store nearby. I would love to try some of her yarn and the longies pattern, but I'm not finding time for that right now. I'm lucky if I get the dishes finished after supper.

I had mastitis with dd and it is not fun. I really thought I might die from the pain. Now if I think I'm getting a plugged duct I employ dd for the plumbing job. She thinks it's funny to get to nurse and "help Mommy." I'm not willing to go through that again. You probably did over do it. I think that's how I got mine too. Really rest and drink lots of fluids and use hot compresses on your lymph nodes (just below your collar bone.) Hot showers help too if you feel like getting up. I think massaging the lump was helpful too. The best thing of all though was nursing. Don't stop because of the pain, it will only get worse.

To the twin mamas. I feel sleep deprived as it is. I can't imagine the amount of grouchiness I would send out with twins. Koodos to you.
#93 of 181 Old 02-13-2004, 01:14 PM

Oh, Kim, I feel for you with the mastitis. I had it with dd#1. Yesterday, I woke up at 5am with intense abdominal and back pain, it felt like labour all over again Anyway, I ended up in the ER at 6:30am and it turns out that I have some sort of nasty uterine/pelvic infection. I'm on antibiotics and painkillers...yuck. I spent all of yesterday in bed and am feeling mostly better today.

About slinging, I wear one or both babies in the sling most of the day. They're getting too heavy to wear together, though - my shoulder and back are killing me

Analisa - hugs to you, sounds like you might need one
#94 of 181 Old 02-13-2004, 06:24 PM

Hello - can I join in? New to posting around here...I read a little of the pregnancy threads but never posted.

Are there any other first-time mamas here? Seems like most of you have other babes. I'm staying afloat with my boy but just barely while learning how to be a mom!

Kieran is just over 2 weeks old, and had gained 1lb over his birthweight @ his 2wk dr appt, so I think we're doing okay with breastfeeding. He started getting regularly fussy after nighttime feedings just a few days ago, his worst time is around midnight. The doctor recommended the trying the gas drops, but I'm not too excited about the idea...

We currently have a sidecar crib set-up, but I still feel he's too far away from me and would love to bring him in the bed! We have a down comforter though & I'm paranoid about smothering him - how do you all position your babes in bed with you if you're not holding them chest-to-chest?

We're cloth diapering and I'm finally figuring out how to minimize leaks with prefolds, thank goodness. He's almost grown out of the size 0 Kissaluvs, which I love! I was hoping to get a little longer use out of them. I have a new native sling, and Kieran does okay once in it (HATES being put in), but it makes my neck & shoulders sore to wear it for long. DH likes using the baby bjorn we got secondhand from a friend. I know some people don't like those, but Kieran seems to like the tummy to tummy contact.

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#95 of 181 Old 02-13-2004, 07:49 PM

This is the first chance I've really had to post. My partner posted the birth announcement and the pictures. I haven't been allowed to sit up! Not at all at first, and then for just a few minutes a day. I had a small tear, and I didn't have it stitched.

Alexander is 11 days old today, and is 8 lbs. 6 ozs. (he was 8 lbs. 1 oz. at birth). Here are the more recent pictures:

http://www.devrock.5u.com/images/alexander6.jpg
http://www.devrock.5u.com/images/alexander7.jpg
http://www.devrock.5u.com/images/alexander8.jpg

Hmm. What else? Not sure what else to say. I'll be back later. I have so much catching up to do on-line!

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#96 of 181 Old 02-13-2004, 08:48 PM

VBMama,
Sure there are alot of us mamas with more than one, but you are more than welcome!!!
Congratulations on your little one
I think that it is great that you have joined in all the merriment here at MDC. It is a terrific resource to have.
#97 of 181 Old 02-13-2004, 09:05 PM

nakkin, as usual.

ty for all the hugs and commiseration. i feel on the mend today, whee! i'm trying to behave and not overdo things so i stay well. in case you haven't figured it out yet, i have a hard time being inactive.

milkface, how are you feeling? that sounds horrible rest up, if you can.

welcome vb mama, congrats on your little guy. there's nothing like the first baby.

it was me asking about the ltk soaker...i'm going to try the pattern out on some yarn from my local knit store that is cheaper than theresa's. if it turns out ok, i'll probably order some from her to msake more. they look adorable.

devrock, glad to hear from you. alexanmder is adorable. how is your tear healing?

we have baby acne here right now. it's pretty mild, and looks to be clearing up. dominic is gaining at a pretty fast clip, i won't be surprised if he's about 9 lbs. (started at 6lbs. 5 ozs.)

hugs to megs mom, hope things get better soon.
#98 of 181 Old 02-14-2004, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Imonion2
how is your tear healing?
The midwife was just here and she looked at it and said it has healed beautifully, so I'm allowed to sit up now -- YAY!

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#99 of 181 Old 02-14-2004, 02:33 PM

man....I have NO time to post anymore! It isn't that I'm that busy I just have no energy! T is sleeping horrible so he is keeping me up most nights. While B just sleeps away : I figured that B wold sleep better than T so I'm not all that surprised by it.

I also don't have a lot of time to catch up with everyone Maybe sometime soon I will be able to.

Took Bryce for his 2wk well baby check yesterday. He has gained 2 pounds since bringing him home and grown 1 1/4 inch!!! He is getting so big and observant!

The ped is also ok with our not vaxing. Which is a relief since I really like him.

I'm working on getting pics up but I have to send them to dh at work to edit them down to size....

Oh and I got my hair all cut off and colored Ahhhhh...I feel so much better!

I've also dropped 30 of my 40 pounds!!!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#100 of 181 Old 02-14-2004, 06:36 PM

IOF, congrats on your weight loss! AND your baby's gain!

Did you get my PM about the covers?? I know you're super busy--um, tired!!--, but I'm just curious. Thanks! If you don't think you'll be able to get around to selling them for a few weeks, then let me know. My friend is a bit ansy for some med proraps!

Emily
#101 of 181 Old 02-14-2004, 06:49 PM

Hi all!

Welcome, vb mama and congrats on your babe About co-sleeping, with dd#1, I was a little paranoid at first but it didn't take long before I was completely comfortable with it. I used to sleep with her chest to chest or put her on her back on the bed and sort of curl up on my side around her with my arm over her head. I often nursed her in this position and fell alseep this way. HTH.

I'm feeling MUCH better today. Thanks for asking! What a nasty experience that was. I'm interested to know what caused it. Several years ago, I had a pelvic infection that caused scar tissue to build up in and around my tubes. I didn't find that out until after 3 years of infertility when they finally did surgery to take a look and saw that my tubes were a mess. Luckily they were able to fix them and I now have 3 fabulous dd's but I'm wondering if I'm looking at more scarring or what?!?

Sounds like all of our babies are growing so well Breastmilk rocks! Ella is 9lbs13oz (up from 6.4 at birth) and Sadie is now 7lbs11oz (up from 5 at birth) - hurray! I take such pride in those numbers - isn't it awesome that our bodies can nurture our babies so well?

Kim - glad to hear you're feeling better - take care and take it easy!

to all and kisses to the babes
#102 of 181 Old 02-15-2004, 02:14 PM

Just joining in - no time to catch up really, but thought I would sign up for this thread now that DD is over a week old and I finally caught up on the pg thread 'Hope everyone has a great weekend!
#103 of 181 Old 02-17-2004, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Laurie!

How is everyone?

I'm on two hrs. of sleep today...

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#104 of 181 Old 02-17-2004, 09:34 PM

Yes, we are all quiet today I am on very little sleep as well, I find that keeping track of just how little sleep I am running on is a bad thing

Laurie- Welcome to the other side I wanted to say that when I commented on how I don't envy the vaginal birth mamas who have big tears to recover from, I did not mean to minimize your accomplishment, or question whether you were glad to have a vaginal birth (I saw your post on the other thread about people wondering if you regret your VBAC b/c of the tear), I just wanted to offer sympathy- I was glad to have an easier recovery this time around, and I know how hard it is to have a tough recovery (of any kind) and take care of a newborn.

I have a huge stye (sp?) on my eye, and a mouth full of canker sores, I am also losing 1/2 to one pound a day with no effort, and while I am happy about the last part, I know it is all signs that I am not getting enough rest At least no mastitis:

Let me just say this baby is HUGE! I cannot believe it that he was born 7 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long, yet he is already outgrowing newborn clothes(at 3 weeks) His little face is so very fat too. I know they say you cannot over-feed a BF baby- but I am starting to wonder:

On a happy note- Sean is being baptised this weekend, and I am very excited about that , although I have nothing for Danny to wear that is appropriate for the occasion- so I guess I'll have to get shopping at some point this week. Sean's baptismal outfit is so gorgeous (IMO) I got it from the Creative Irish Gifts Catalogue- maybe I can link to a pic of the suit- here let me try-
http://www.shopirish.com/cgi-bin/haz...AIL&item=BH008
maybe that will work and you can see how cute he'll be - although the outfits are for birth to 9 months- so even though he's big, he'll be swimming in it.

Off I go for dinner and to take some extra zinc

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#105 of 181 Old 02-17-2004, 09:45 PM

Hey lookie there!
<------------

I need a senior member title! Any ideas?

#106 of 181 Old 02-17-2004, 10:32 PM

Hi all,

Getting little sleep here lately as well. Dominic seems to have a need to make a lot of noise when he has to poop. He does this for a long time before he can actually get the job done, so we spend quite a bit of time at night awake listening to him grunt in his sleep. It's not as bad as dealing with a crying baby, but still results in little sleep. Funny, he can always have a big poop as soon as I give up and get out of bed.

Other than that, just trying to kick the mastitis still, and getting back into the routine around here.

Welcome Chie, glad to see you here. Hope your tear is recovering well.

Jess, you sound like you're so very tired. (Megs mom, too.) My ds anthony was such a demanding baby, honestly never could put the kid down for 2 years. Hugs to all the tired moms, please try to take care of yourselves, too.
#107 of 181 Old 02-17-2004, 10:40 PM

Kim

Actually, it is so what you described happening here too, he is a avid nurser, but it is really the grunting that keeps me up at night- he's not much of a crier- just the grunting, annoying, but as you say, better than crying....time to nurse, again!

#108 of 181 Old 02-17-2004, 11:45 PM

Hi, can I join you guys? Nikolas William was born 9 days early on 2/3/04. He is 2 weeks old today. He weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 inches long.

We have been dealing with sickness galore at our house. While I was in the hospital, my DD had a cold and an ear infection, and my DS had pink eye. A few days later DS ended up with the same cold and ear infection. I now have both the cold with a horrible sore throat and cough and pink eye. The new babe also had the eye gunk. He has been slightly stuffy, but so far seems healthy. All this being sick has made recovering from the birth that much harder. My DH has been home, but will go back to work on Thursday.

Nikolas has been nursing well. He will even sometimes sleep 4 hours at a stretch. After a bout of sore nipples due to a bad latch, we are doing much better.

It sounds as if everyone's babies are growing well. I will find out on Thursday at Nikolas' 2 week check how well he has grown. He has already outgrown his newborn prowraps that we were using with kissaluvs 0. I put a small bummis on him and that seemed to fit much better. I just ordered another small bummis and some doublers. He can soak through his kissaluvs pretty quick. I am enjoying the cloth diapering, I used disposables with my other two. Once he stops the pooping at night, I want to find a good nightime system, so we can stop with the nighttime changes. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Gotta go baby is awake and needs to nurse.
#109 of 181 Old 02-18-2004, 05:22 PM

Hey gals!!

Things here are going so much better than I had thought! Tracy is doing really well with this whole "transition". Yes, he has his moments but for the most part he is doing great! He has slept through the night 2 nights in a row!! He and Bryce have a habt of waking up at the SAME time every night! Dh has never woken up because of a crying baby or toddler so nights are all my own :

I'm almost completely returned to normal from my c/b. I'm also back into my pre-pg clothes! They don't look quite the same but give me a couple more weeks! I'm hoping the weight jsut keeps coming off too.

My biggest thing is teaching Tracy to NOT lift Bryce! Yes, Bryce is over 10 pounds by now and Tracy only weighs 23 but Tracy is a strong little guy and is quite capable of picking Bryce up I caught him picking Bryce up out of his bouncy seat yesterday morning!!

Chie--how is your tear healing?? My friend Debbie had her babe Jan 19. She tore straight through with her first 2. They said if she tore that way again she would have to go straight to the or to have herself fixed. So, this time she opted for a c/b instead. She said that she wasn't sure which was worse! Yes, tearing in different places but she said both are hard. I'm so excited you got your vbac though. I'm sure any tear is worth it!! I sometimes wish I had waited to see if my vbac would happen but I don't regret my decision. I'm glad we waited till 40 weeks to have the c/b though. If I were to ever have another babe I'd wait that long or longer again. Anyway, congrats on your vbac!!

I'm trying to work on my birth story. I know I had a c/b but I find it exciting And it isn't like birth stories are a competition, right? Sometimes I think ppl think it is, not thinking of anyone but a gal here IRL...she annoys me

I got a call from my friend Debbie. She had her 3rd baby 4 weeks ago and has bottlefed her first 2. She called me in tears because she all of a sudden has a huge desire to bf this babe!! She isn't dried up but she is on anti-depressants. So, her and her dh are going to discuss her bfing tonight. She tried in the hospital but that was when her baby blues hit and she decied not to. But now she feels like that decision was made beaus of the baby blues so she wants to try.

I'm updating my site tonight so everyone can see Bryce! He is getting sooo big!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#110 of 181 Old 02-18-2004, 10:11 PM

Oh, I'm havinga hard week. Someone please recommend a good gentle discipline book!! James is really testing his limits now that he's back home. Anyone else feel like a single parent b/c dh is so involved and busy? Erik's a full time student and is overly involved in other things. He doesn't understand he has to cut back on stuff. Ugh. Hard week. AND Lily's barely eating so I don't know how she's peeing/pooping. Or how I still have milk.

Ok, guess I'm done whining. Better get James. OH, he was such an angel before!!! The babymoon has defintely passed!
#111 of 181 Old 02-18-2004, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jess7396
I have a huge stye (sp?) on my eye, and a mouth full of canker sores

On a happy note- Sean is being baptised this weekend
I had tons of canker sores for a couple of weeks. Thank God none right now.

We did Baptisms this past weekend! Do you do a sprinkle or an immersion? We did immersion (not their heads, though) in a heated pool inside the church.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#112 of 181 Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Imonion2
Hi all,

Getting little sleep here lately as well. Dominic seems to have a need to make a lot of noise when he has to poop.
I have some super noisy babies! They grunt all the time and they bleat like goats. Exactly like goats. It's hilarious (when it's not keeping me awake). But I think my body is learning to sleep through the extraneous noises and only pay attention to the important ones.

Sleep update: four hours last night. I think Patty's right, though, it's a bad idea to keep track.

#113 of 181 Old 02-18-2004, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by EmmaJean
Oh, I'm havinga hard week. Someone please recommend a good gentle discipline book!! James is really testing his limits now that he's back home. Anyone else feel like a single parent b/c dh is so involved and busy? Erik's a full time student and is overly involved in other things. He doesn't understand he has to cut back on stuff. Ugh. Hard week. AND Lily's barely eating so I don't know how she's peeing/pooping. Or how I still have milk.

Ok, guess I'm done whining. Better get James. OH, he was such an angel before!!! The babymoon has defintely passed!
Get thee here!

#114 of 181 Old 02-19-2004, 11:22 AM

EmmaJean, I am sorry things are hard there right now

MegsMom- we do the sprinkle baptism- it is so cold here, I can't imagine immersion in my very cold Church at this time of year My dd slept right through her baptism (even the water over the head)- ds was very good through his too. This time, I am preparing for the worst and bought a nice nursing sweater just in case, this boy really likes to eat, and cannot be held off from eating at all, when he is hungry- he must eat- or he screams like crazy, hopefully he won't be hungry during the part where the priest is holding him (I can just imagine him sucking on the priests vestments :LOL) Question- did your babes have 4 Godparents, or did you pick two to cover both?

Sleep was pretty good here last night, until after the 4 am nursing, at which point he grunted more than ever- he was a damn mess I found some humor in it, since I had slept earlier in the night, wouldn't have been funny at all around 1-2am.

Stye and canker sores seem to be getting better -I am trying so hard to nap during the day, and go to bed with the baby at night, and I'm taking zinc, don't want to be sick this weekend.

Well, I have nothing more to ramble about, guess it's time to go wash diapers
:

#115 of 181 Old 02-19-2004, 01:08 PM

oh, thanks so much, Analisa!! I really appreciate the link! We're having a nice morning, so hopefully today will be better. We're all sick and tired so I don't have lots of emotional energy...
BTW, I didn't know that Catholics could do emersion. Very interesting. Glad everything went nicely, and that you got a nice stretch of sleep last night!

Patty, I hope your son's baptism goes smoothly too. Glad that sores are getting better. What a drag. If you can catch them right at the start, you can take lots of L-Lysene supplements and the cancer sores will either not erupt or will heal faster. It really helps me.

Any ideas on what I can do to help congestion? I think I'm getting a sinus infection. And James has some type of pink eye, maybe just from congestion. BM isn't helping. I think we'll have to go to the doc. Thankfully, Lily hasn't gotten it. Amazing since James smothers her with kisses!

I'm so glad you mamas are here!! So nice to know you're not going through all this alone and can get advice from others that I agree with, you know??

#116 of 181 Old 02-19-2004, 02:33 PM

morning mamas,

hope everyone is doing better today! i had a looong night w/ the grunter aka "squeaky". i am lol at your little goats, megs mom. it is amazing how much noise little babies can make while supposedly sleeping. i got up for a bit at 4 am, couldn't take it lying in bed listening.

took dominic to the pedi today for the 1 month check. He has gained 3 lbs. 1 oz in one month!! Grew 1 inch, too. Everything is going well, and the pedi is just tickled we decided not to circ. He told me it was a shock to him to come to America after being trained in England and seeing how high the circ rates were here.

Anyway, I digress. I think Dr. Sears has a good book titled something like "The Discipline Book". I have been thinking about picking it up because my Anthony has been particularly difficult lately. Lots of arguing over every single thing.

For canker sores, you can also try swishing your mouth with a very weak solution of peroxide and water. THis usually helps me, too.

COngestion--are you running vaporizer? I cannot take cold meds because they make me anxious, so I usually do the vaporizer in conjunction w/ hot steamy showers. Lots of fluids, as many as you can drink. Hope you don't get a full blown sinus infection. Little James, let us know how his eye does.

EmmaJean, I have found it's much more effective if I'm explicit with my DH about exactly wht I need help with around the house. Otherwise I end up doing everything and feeling resentful. He's more than happy to help if I point him in the right direction...I just need to remember that when things are too much. He has been great about helping with Anthony, who told me very seriously yesterday,"Little boys need their Daddys." I told Dh what he said, and I think it brought a tear to his eye.

Well, gonna run...have a messy house and need a cup of joe.
#117 of 181 Old 02-19-2004, 02:35 PM

OK, I'm not really all that into supplements, tell me about this L-Lysene- can I buy it at the drug store?

Sorry to hear you are all sick- that sure does make things 10x harder. Yesterday as I was getting breakfast together ds #1 threw up all over the playroom floor- he had quickly drank (drunk? drinked?)a whole big sippy of milk (which he always does), and it was all chunky all over the place, and after feeling pity for him, my next thought was "great, now we're all in for at least a week of suffering", luckily- it looks like dh somehow gave the poor boy old milk uke so he wasn't really "sick" and he felt better right away, and nothing contagious, so YEAH! crisis eliminated I was/am so relieved.

I can't believe how fast ds can soak through his kissaluvs, I have started putting a premie prefold in there too, but still have to change him constantly: I have a dozen size 1s I ordered too, and I'm wondering if those are going to work at all: I hope to get some more wonderoos and have that be my main system and use them for both boys soon- I'll have to wait until I can sell off the KL though to have the money

I am going to sell all my maternity clothes too, and hopefully use that cash for clothes for me and the kids

Anyone get taxes done yet? I am so hoping to get money back- we usually do. Analisa- you should get a nice break for having the twins early- there had to be an upside, right?

#118 of 181 Old 02-19-2004, 07:20 PM

Hi guys! I've been lurking instead of posting (unlike me.) Maybe a need to be posting in the ppd forum. My emotions are all over the place. I have been taking my stress out on dd and I'm not a very nice mommy these days. Ds is a pretty good sleeper (although we are dealing with the grunting/growling noises too.) He usually wakes around midnight for a diaper change and again at 2 AM. He'll nurse back to sleep pretty easily for both of those but at the 4 AM waking we have to get up, walk around and move to the sofa. He's mostly a pretty easy little guy to be around. He loves his sling and smiles when he hears sister's voice. Dd is mostly rolling with this too. She is adjusting to sleeping in her own bed and starts there each night even if she moves to the sofa part of the way through. She's working toward earning a bunkbed. She has regressed a bit on the weaning, but she's doing quite well. I'm the emotional roller coaster. I keep biting her head off and Monday I got my feelings hurt really bad because I had spent most of the day fixing a nice meal while dh took dd out and about. Before he could get in the door our neighbor spotted him and told him he had to take me some of the BBQ he was making. When he walked in the door with the meat I felt hurt. I know my neighbor was trying to be nice, but this is the first week I've felt like cooking and I had told him earlier that we didn't want any of his BBQ. He just bypassed me. We're not really meat eaters so I'm not sure why he insisted. When I told dh it hurt my feelings then next AM he completely invalidated my feelings. I'm not even sure why it bothered me so much. Maybe I have unresolved food issues that I didn't even know existed. I think I will post in ppd.

I hope everyone else is easing into the transition well. I know it takes a while to get back to normal, especially those of you/us healing from tears and surgery.

L-lysine can be purchased at the healthfood store. It is a wonderful thing to have around the house. Use it for viral infections along with Vit. C.

Jess- I've got all my maternity clothes sorted for sale too. I am so ready to get into some normal clothes. I can't quite fit into my pre-pregnant clothes, but I hate to buy anything in this size since it's temporary. I was actually looking at kissaluvs for a possible diapering system, but ds is a pretty heavy wetter. I guess I better check into something else. Dh finished our taxes about a week and a half ago online. We're actually expecting our return by the end of the week or early next week. Congrats on the baptism.

Megs mom- thanks for the link. I plan to at least lurk there for some time to come.

Sorry if this turned out to be a pitty me post and I didn't respond to everyone. Maybe next time I post I'll be more myself. Thanks for listening.
#119 of 181 Old 02-19-2004, 07:50 PM

Lisa

I am so sorry you are feeling down right now .

After my first 2 pregnancies I had some PPD, although I was lucky that it didn't last long, maybe it didn't even technically qualify as PPD , but it sure felt rotten. I don't know what is different this time, but I have been where you are right now, and I never sought any help, I think posting in the PPD forum would be a really good idea, as well as mentioning it to your practitioner, which I never did, and really should have. I still remember how dark those days felt. I really think it was homonal for me, as well as a true lack of sleep(which hasn't been as bad this time)- please talk to your dh about it, get him to help you in anyway he can- esp. so you get some much needed sleep. I was lucky enough to have it pass on it's own around 5 weeks each time, but for some people- it does not pass on it's own, and please do not be afraid to ask for help if you need it. (no one really knows why or how with PPD, all we know is that it is not your fault and you are a good and loving mama)

Also- while I encourage you going to the PPD forum, and talking to your practitioner, and your dh- please keep talking to us, we know you and love you , and will do all we can to help you through

#120 of 181 Old 02-19-2004, 09:06 PM

Thanks Jess!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page